• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzbar

Is there any actual confirmation it’s paradox Magneton?
I thought the info just said “mag”, and that there’s a chance it’s Magcargo?

Ultra Beast Lover

I suppose placing an egg in an incubator makes more sense than anything, though I do wish it didn't take actual time. Ah well, I suppose it doesn't affect me much as long as there isn't a side thing that requires a bunch of Pokemon, like Poke Pelago. I would, however, like to see how the picnics work. Do we make the sandwiches or buy them? According to the trailer there is a little fast food place that serves sandwiches but maybe that includes ingredients.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Is there any actual confirmation it’s paradox Magneton?
I thought the info just said “mag”, and that there’s a chance it’s Magcargo?
It could still be, but because there is an extra electric type remaining for Paradox Pokemon and that Fire tpyes have been accoutned for (unless Magcargo keeps its Rock typing to lose its Fire typing), many are leanign to Magneton line as the Pokemon.

Since we also know is in the game, Magcargo still is unconfirmed for the dex overall.

Luthor

It could still be, but because there is an extra electric type remaining for Paradox Pokemon and that Fire tpyes have been accoutned for (unless Magcargo keeps its Rock typing to lose its Fire typing), many are leanign to Magneton line as the Pokemon.

Since we also know is in the game, Magcargo still is unconfirmed for the dex overall.

Yeah, I assume it will be Magneton for now. Can't rule out Magcargo, Magikarp or Magmar completely yet but until we have a something more concrete my guess is something connected to the Magneton line.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yeah, I assume it will be Magneton for now. Can't rule out Magcargo, Magikarp or Magmar completely yet but until we have a something more concrete my guess is something connected to the Magneton line.
Magikarp makes most sense lore-wise as Magikarp's Dex entry said it was strong in the past

treatyofversigh

Not a big fan of waiting on eggs to hatch for 1-2 hours, but I suppose it could be worse. I tend to breed for shinies a lot, though, so hopefully that doesn't get too annoying. I hope there's a way to speed it up somehow!

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Not a big fan of waiting on eggs to hatch for 1-2 hours, but I suppose it could be worse. I tend to breed for shinies a lot, though, so hopefully that doesn't get too annoying. I hope there's a way to speed it up somehow!
I think it'd be a problem for shiny hatching only if there's a limit for the amount of eggs in the incubator, otherwise you'll just have to let like 70 eggs there waiting and after one hour there'll be a very big gacha pull of 70 pokémon

Autobot N

Ka has confirmed new breeding mechanic is pretty much placing eggs with incubators and waiting an hour or 2.

Needs more info, such as where do we get the eggs (current theory is gifts from Pokemon at your picnic) and if there are ways to speed eggs hatching or how will this be different from daycare breeding overall.

Confirmed Donphans both keep their ground typings.

Confirmed that ground/fighting and grass/ground typed Pokemon are in the game. That comes down to that yes, the Mushroom Pokemon is grass/ground to counter Tentacruel's Water/Poison. As well as one of the Donphans are ground/fighting, since all Paradox Pokemon are dual types and there are no more ground types in the main dex available for that dual typing and that all grass types for Paradox Pokemon have been accounted for.

Also current theory is that the 3 remaining types for Paradox are Poison/Psychic and Rock

So for the final outstanders, people are thinking

Paradox Amoonguss: Grass/Dark (remaining dark type slot)
Violet Paradox Volcarona: Poison/Fire
Hariyama: Fighting/Psychic
Delibird: Ice/Rock
Magneton: Electric/Rock or Psychic
Why would a Future Delibird be Rock type?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing I'm curious about is how the paradox forms are connected to terastalizing since each gimmick is somehow related to the region's story &/or lore:
  • Mega evolution was a side effect of the Ultimate Weapon since the mega stones were created from the energy caused by the blast
  • Z-moves are possible because the Z-Crystals are shards of Necrozma's body
  • Dynamax is caused by the radiation that Eternatus left behind after the Darkest Day
The paradox forms are obviously related to Scarlet & Violet's lore or story since Koraidon & Miraidon are paradox forms of Cyclizar, so I'm wondering how terastalization fits into all this

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Why would a Future Delibird be Rock type?
One thing I'm curious about is how the paradox forms are connected to terastalizing since each gimmick is somehow related to the region's story &/or lore:
  • Mega evolution was a side effect of the Ultimate Weapon since the mega stones were created from the energy caused by the blast
  • Dynamax is caused by the radiation that Eternatus left behind after the Darkest Day
The paradox forms are obviously related to Scarlet & Violet's lore or story since Koraidon & Miraidon are paradox forms of Cyclizar, so I'm wondering how terastalization fits into all this
Yes that was my reasoning, also climate change and play on Rockhopper Penguins.

That Terastalizing and Tera Crystals are literally just physical time crystals created by the hypothetical 3rd Legendary and Paradox forms have ended up here in Paldea due to the energy of the crystals messing with the flow of time.

My guess.

Autobot N

It's supposed to be related to the DLC third legendary

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Ka has confirmed new breeding mechanic is pretty much placing eggs with incubators and waiting an hour or 2.

Needs more info, such as where do we get the eggs (current theory is gifts from Pokemon at your picnic) and if there are ways to speed eggs hatching or how will this be different from daycare breeding overall.

Confirmed Donphans both keep their ground typings.

Confirmed that ground/fighting and grass/ground typed Pokemon are in the game. That comes down to that yes, the Mushroom Pokemon is grass/ground to counter Tentacruel's Water/Poison. As well as one of the Donphans are ground/fighting, since all Paradox Pokemon are dual types and there are no more ground types in the main dex available for that dual typing and that all grass types for Paradox Pokemon have been accounted for.

Also current theory is that the 3 remaining types for Paradox are Poison/Psychic and Rock

So for the final outstanders, people are thinking

Paradox Amoonguss: Grass/Dark (remaining dark type slot)
Violet Paradox Volcarona: Poison/Fire
Hariyama: Fighting/Psychic
Delibird: Ice/Rock
Magneton: Electric/Rock or Psychic

We can potentially check off Volcarona as Khu posted a tweet with Pheromosa and Salazzle, and since we know Past Volcarona is Bug/Fighting that should mean Future Volcarona is Fire/Poison.

Rune Knight

I know that this isn't the anime section, but I felt like taking the liberty of sharing a possible team for Ash in the event that he does remain as the Main Character in Gen IX, and if the next series does end up being a traditional one. Truth be told, I mostly don't want this to be the case as I like Journeys change in the formula, but nonetheless, I'm just doing this for fun.

I'm posting it here mainly because I don't want to bring up spoilers in the other sections, but please just ignore it if this is uninteresting to you; and feel free to remove this post if I am violating any rules.

That being said, here are my personal picks:

Pikachu (Electric)
Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
- Would obtain at the start of the series.
Sprigatito > Sprigatito2 > Sprigatito3 (Grass/Dark)
Dolphin > Dolphin2 (Water)
Paldean Wooper > Paldean Wooperevo (Ground/Poison)
Primeape > Primeapeevo (Fighting/Ghost) - Would evolve from the one he had in the OS.

Also to add on, in the event that the next series does end up following the Journeys formula, here is what I would like his team to look like:

Pikachu (Electric)
Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
- Would obtain at the start of the series.
Tyranitar (Rock/Dark) - Would be the same Larvitar that he befriended in Johto, now fully evolved.
Paldean Wooper > Paldean Wooperevo (Ground/Poison)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
- I know that it's kind of a weird one, but I felt like a popular feminine Pokémon could also suit his new team.
Primeape > Primeapeevo (Fighting/Ghost) - Would evolve from the same one he had in the OS.

Realistically, he would probably also obtain DLC Pokémon further down the line, but nevertheless, feel free to tell me what you think and share your own picks as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.