• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

If Sylveon is Penny's ace then does that mean that, at least to her, Sylveon is the best Eeveelution? And whichever ones she doesn't switch out must be her favorite ones.

I wonder which Lycanroc Nemona is getting, she strikes me as a Miday Lycanroc kind of person though I would like for her to get the third kind.

Master Pikachu 11

I know that this isn't the anime section, but I felt like taking the liberty of sharing a possible team for Ash in the event that he does remain as the Main Character in Gen IX, and if the next series does end up being a traditional one. Truth be told, I mostly don't want this to be the case as I like Journeys change in the formula, but nonetheless, I'm just doing this for fun.

I'm posting it here mainly because I don't want to bring up spoilers in the other sections, but please just ignore it if this is uninteresting to you; and feel free to remove this post if I am violating any rules.

That being said, here are my personal picks:

Pikachu (Electric)
Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
- Would obtain at the start of the series.
Sprigatito > Sprigatito2 > Sprigatito3 (Grass/Dark)
Dolphin > Dolphin2 (Water)
Paldean Wooper > Paldean Wooperevo (Ground/Poison)
Primeape > Primeapeevo (Fighting/Ghost) - Would evolve from the one he had in the OS.

Also to add on, in the event that the next series does end up following the Journeys formula, here is what I would like his team to look like:

Pikachu (Electric)
Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
- Would obtain at the start of the series.
Tyranitar (Rock/Dark) - Would be the same Larvitar that he befriended in Johto, now fully evolved.
Paldean Wooper > Paldean Wooperevo (Ground/Poison)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
- I know that it's kind of a weird one, but I felt like a popular feminine Pokémon could also suit his new team.
Primeape > Primeapeevo (Fighting/Ghost) - Would evolve from the same one he had in the OS.

Realistically, he would probably also obtain DLC Pokémon further down the line, but nevertheless, feel free to tell me what you think and share your own picks as well.
I really want him to get an ice type since he hasn’t had one since Glaile. I like the idea of him owning a starter, but I am not choosing one until I see the final evolutions.

I hope that the next trailer will reveal at least one paradox pokemon, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they try to keep it a surprise. I am really curious how the sub legendaries are going to look design wise even though leaker said that he wasn’t a fan of them.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really want him to get an ice type since he hasn’t had one since Glaile. I like the idea of him owning a starter, but I am not choosing one until I see the final evolutions.

I hope that the next trailer will reveal at least one paradox pokemon, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they try to keep it a surprise. I am really curious how the sub legendaries are going to look design wise even though leaker said that he wasn’t a fan of them.
I have a hunch that Jigglypuff and Amoongus will be the first two paradox pokemon shown. It might be because of them being the first two leaked, but I have a hunch.

DarkusHeracross

I have a hunch that Jigglypuff and Amoongus will be the first two paradox pokemon shown. It might be because of them being the first two leaked, but I have a hunch.
Slight Story spoiler
Kaka said that the evil boss of the game used ancient/future forms of Donphan respectfully depending on the version (I think it’s Clavell seeing as he has two versions, we already seen the villain according to kaka, and he has two versions each with a set of Pokémon on his model

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Slight Story spoiler
Kaka said that the evil boss of the game used ancient/future forms of Donphan respectfully depending on the version (I think it’s Clavell seeing as he has two versions, we already seen the villain according to kaka, and he has two versions each with a set of Pokémon on his model
oo that's good to know! I haven't seen the story spoilers being shared on here yet!

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Slight Story spoiler
so we are going SwSh router with the villain using the elephat would've preffered the BW route with the villain using the pseudo - either past Salamance or future Tyranitar

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
so we are going SwSh router with the villain using the elephat would've preffered the BW route with the villain using the pseudo - either past Salamance or future Tyranitar
I like that donphan is getting love here! Do you know if there's any spoilers on who will be using the other paradox pokemon?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I like that donphan is getting love here! Do you know if there's any spoilers on who will be using the other paradox pokemon?
no idea, Hope it won't be a Megas in XY situation... Maybe in some rematches?

Autobot N

Will be interested to see how NPCs even get ahold of Paradox Pokemon

Speaking of Paradoxes, was it specifically confirmed that we can't catch them until the postgame?

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Will be interested to see how NPCs even get ahold of Paradox Pokemon

Speaking of Paradoxes, was it specifically confirmed that we can't catch them until the postgame
I hope not! I want my vampire jiggly... I'm curious if they'll become accessible once we get the legendary as a ride pokemon.

no idea, Hope it won't be a Megas in XY situation... Maybe in some rematches?
No, not that I know of at least.
My main questions I hope get answered soon are: Do we know if gym leaders are all gonna use the terra pokemon gimic or will they use the paradox forms too? Also does the terra gimmic work with paradox pokemon? When do we encounter paradox pokemon to catch them? Also when do we encounter this donphan user

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I hope not! I want my vampire jiggly... I'm curious if they'll become accessible once we get the legendary as a ride pokemon.

My main questions I hope get answered soon are: Do we know if gym leaders are all gonna use the terra pokemon gimic or will they use the paradox forms too? Also does the terra gimmic work with paradox pokemon? When do we encounter paradox pokemon to catch them? Also when do we encounter this donphan user
They use Terra. There is a Bug leader who turns a Teddiursa into a Bug type. I find it as a missed opportunity, because imagine Cetitat turning Water and screening fire types

Copley Hill Gym

The leaks for the Paldea Pokémon is exciting, can totally see a team of six forming for me with some of the potential Pokémon. Overall, really excited for more official information.

The hype train feels back on after months of a lack of info!

BlobbiBoi

I've heard that not all of the Hisuian Pokemon are in. Praying Sneasler made it; I'm itching to use one properly.

Litleonid

I've heard that not all of the Hisuian Pokemon are in. Praying Sneasler made it; I'm itching to use one properly.
I'm hoping because I really want to use Weavile again. If Weavile is in, chances are there's a way to get Sneaseler.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hyusian forms r my fav of allllll since they gave love to all gens. They are magical and wonderful
They all deserve to be in this game and in any game
They r example for all

Rune Knight

Usually, I think that they'll want to make the first reveals involve a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 pokémon, as I see them being more recognizable.

So for now, Ancient Jigglypuff and Future Magneton will be my first guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.