• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Pretty sure that was a misinterpretation of the shiny form picture. The female is the one with mascara and its body only has one colour. The male one doesn't have the mascara and its body has two colour. In the shiny picture, you can see that the body has two colours, which is consistent with the male symbol.
Both have mascara. The male is the full black. Female has light face.

Male:
aZOs4nX.png

Female:
1UEOnmG.png

Cocolyly

edit: damn they just deleted the pics but i took a pic on my phone if i can get it posted I will
You can check whether it is a male or female one based on how many colours its body has. If you look at the shiny male picture carefully, you can see that it actually has two colours. The non-shiny one with 2 colours is the one without the mascara (the right one) and therefore, that is also the male form. That means the one on the left (with mascara) is the female one. Pretty sure Centro was wrong in his post.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Both have mascara. The male is the full black. Female has light face.

Male:
aZOs4nX.png

Female:
1UEOnmG.png
aweh so it's more of a they just both look fem situation, although why not make the male pig look more masculine?? Anyways, weird that they even decided to make them slightly different when based on gender at that point lol.

Sneaky with that other pic, the ears and angle perfectly hide the females mascara

Xanhawk

You can check whether it is a male or female one based on how many colours its body has. If you look at the shiny male picture carefully, you can see that it actually has two colours. The non-shiny one with 2 colours is the one without the mascara (the right one) and therefore, that is also the male form. The female one has mascara. Pretty sure Centro was wrong in his post.
Shiny male has the perfume squeezer tail, the female has the fork/brush tail. You can see the female in a tweet in my other post.

Acer11

Saw it on Reddit

Really happy most of my favorites were allowed to exist on this one. Surprised Axew made it but dissapointed Kommo-o didn't.

I really hope they include more starters in the DLC. Though I'd settle with at least the Hoenn starters. I want a team of Blaziken, Quaquavel and H.Decidueye lol
I wonder if the DLC would include more Paldea forms and New Pokemon (like the supposed 3rd legendary).

aweh so it's more of a gardevoir situation, although why not make the male pig look more masculine?? Anyways, weird that they even decided to make them slightly different when based on gender at that point lol.
Yeah, they both look rather feminine to me. I'm sure there is a case that can be made for male =/= masculine but as it stands giving it two forms based on gender just seems a bit redundant.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So then the tail differences just relate to two ways of applying scent to the body (spraying it via a container or just wiping it on you with your hands), but then could there be a reason one tail is given to the female and the other to the male?

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Yeah, they both look rather feminine to me. I'm sure there is a case that can be made for male =/= masculine but as it stands giving it two forms based on gender just seems a bit redundant.
I guess our 1st clue should have been Lechonk's reaction in that group picture.

But it reminds me of cardinals, how the more flashy red cardinal is the male, while the female is brown and blends in to the surroundings. In this case, I think the solid color one does seem more flashy.

scififan21

Quick question not looked through don't want story/Pokemon spoilers anybody determine how eggs work?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Because the male form looks female and the female form looks male. I cannot take that in tandem with Quaxaval that Pokemon is not being more inclusive. If it means nothing to you, that's fine, but to others, such as myself, it can be something extremely exciting.
Personally as a person of Hispanic descent the way people have been talking about Quaquaval rubs me the wrong way. The way actual bigots and people who are like "omg yaas slay so gay" talk about Quaquaval is completely indistinguishable from each other and is really just rooted in a combination of xenophobia and homophobia that seeks to invalidate foreign men of their masculinity because they don't perform it to the standards of American masculinity even though they're performing masculinity just fine by the standards of their own culture.

I'm queer and I want more queer rep in Pokemon but this isn't it.

Salamandit

My personal thoughts on all the new pokemon:

Grass Starters - Looks okay, but I'm in love with the middle stage (for once)
Fire Starters - Finally a good fire starter, I hate most of them, but this one is the best one by far! Love the final evolution, the middle one is bleh.
Water Starters - Really not my thing, maybe their movements surprise me.

Love the pig evolution, especially the female (if it is the female, I hope it's the male, love myself a trans-pokemon)
Dunsparce evo, UGH, so many cool fakemon, why why why, always hated the ordinary dunsparce, this one is just the same but longer...
Spiders - Both are so different, but both stages are awesome!
Locusts - Love them both.
Beetles - Best of the bug pokemon by far! LOVE this designs!
Houndstone - WTFREAK, best dog pokemon, finally a zombie-mon!
Ostrich - It grows on me, I love that it is evil.
Farigarig - Grows on me, like it more and more.
Wugtrio - I love the idea, but I dislike the pink color.
Catfish - Awesome.
Strange psychic/water fish - Awesome, love that strange form-change!
Dolphin - I like the smaller one, but I don't care for the humanoid form it can gain.
Smoliv Line - All look AWESOME!
Pepper pokemon - A bit of a disappointment, wouldn't liked something else, maybe they grow on me.
Bellibolt - Not really my thing, both of them, ugly.
Engines - The first stage looks ugly, the second stage is awesome.
Worm - Kinda disappointing, too childish looking, would have liked something more evil/scary looking.
Mouse Family - Would have liked to see them being able to create copies of themselves, not children, much like multiple-man from X-men.
Cetitan Line - Dunno what to think about them.
Ice Dragon - Finally a good ice lineup.
Sushi Fish - I hate sushi in real life (rich people food disgusts me) and this pokemon is just random to me... Don't understand what it has to do with Spain at all.
Cyclizar - Grows on me.
Pawni - Now this is a boring , stupid, useless pokemon lineup, 3 spots wasted on this cute stuff, bleh, hate them.
Electric Birds - LOVE them, among my favorites, and I wanted some cool non-legendary electric flying types!
Bombardier Bird - Don't really love the design, but the idea and story about them is pretty neat.
Parkeet - Sweet, not really that great, but sweet.
Flamigo - Finally a flamingo, but I don't understand it yet. Fighting? how?
I love Klawf.
Salt Pokemon Line - Bleh! I like the first stage, but the others, ugh! So ugly.
Crystal Flower - VERY awesome, cool combo with poison/rock.
I like Grafaiai's pre-evo.
Fidough Evolution is great, especially the ability.
Dark Dogs are awesome, especially the evolution having night/day forms, El Cadejo?
Thumbleweed - This can become my favorite pokemon of all time, much like a plant beholder with the eyes!!
Gimmighoul - I love the chest, but I UTTERLY HATE the evolved form, wth is that ugly thing. Evolite where are you?!?!

I don't really care for the Paradox pokemon at all, especially the robot ones, which are all ugly to me.

I never cared for the legendary pokemon, but that snail, snowleopard and fire fish are all awesome and all look like regular pokemon to me.

The hammer-fairies are among my favorite pokemon this gen, especially the final evolution, what an awesome lineup.
Hate the Megaman clones still, also the pre-evo, though it is somewhat less stupid.
Those land-based tentacool/tentacruel are extremely awesome! Even better than the already great sea variants!
Kingambit - Well I don't like it sitting on that rock, otherwise it looks cool.
That new wooper evolution is AWESOME, I hate quagsire, this is MUCH MUCH betta.
Primeape evo, geez what an AWESOME evolution this is!
I don't get the point of the fire tauros, the other two tauros look awesome. Why didn't they link the fire tauros to Aatxe? A Spanish (Basque) mythological spirit red bull monster.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
There's a full list of Pokemon Box sprites and it appears that the order that others have shown the new Pokemon in may have been correct.

allmons-jpg.464227
Thank you, I was hoping to see that. Although I am not sure I approve replacing the sprite icons with these little artworks. I liked those icons, they were the last remnant of pixelart on the games and was looking forward the Hisui pokémon gettings theirs here, since PLA didn't had those.

Oh well, another good thing left behind.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Personally as a person of Hispanic descent the way people have been talking about Quaquaval rubs me the wrong way. The way actual bigots and people who are like "omg yaas slay so gay" talk about Quaquaval is completely indistinguishable from each other and is really just rooted in a combination of xenophobia and homophobia that seeks to invalidate foreign men of their masculinity because they don't perform it to the standards of American masculinity even though they're performing masculinity just fine by the standards of their own culture.

I'm queer and I want more queer rep in Pokemon but this isn't it.
I'd like to echo this, the few characters I recall from Japanese media who most resemble Quaquval's mannerisms and looks were simply very flamboyant and graceful men who liked to dance and dress in colorful outfits, who either had undefined sexuality or expressed interest in women and were tough as could be in battle.

Xanhawk

Thank you, I was hoping to see that. Although I am not sure I approve replacing the sprite icons with these little artworks. I liked those icons, they were the last remnant of pixelart on the games and was looking forward the Hisui pokémon gettings theirs here, since PLA didn't had those.

Oh well, another good thing left behind.
Someone posted another with some of the forms. It doesn't include all forms as it just replaces the original (like Kanto Meowth) with the next available form (alolan). Anything with more than 2 forms "should" be there if other evidence shows it to be there (again Meowth, Galar should be because Perrserker is shown listed. Oricorio shows Pom, but Senzu and Pa'u should also be there.)

froms-jpg.464240

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Magneton was already ugly, but they wanted to double down in that fact I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.