• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, given the game is set in Spain, and many of the pokemon's names are in Spanish, I'm wondering how to pronounce Skeledirge.

Is it ske-leh-DEER-heh, or SKEH-leh-durgh?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That name is full English, skeleton + dirge.

Spanish names are almost non-existent here, sadly. It just made me realize how Floragato will sound weird if said with an English pronouncitation, though.

I refuse to pronounce those names with an English pronunciation, especially Sprigatito and Floragato.

I'm already upset the game has hardly any Flamenco music in it. Like, what the hell?

Pokemon Power

Doing a bit of research here. Currently, you can have Pikachu and regular Raichu, the Psyduck family, Magnemite and Magneton, the Gastly family, Chansey, Scyther, the Magikarp family, and Eevee and the Gen. 1 Eeveelutions in every mainline series title on Switch. If you don't count Legends, you can also have the Charmander family, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, the regular forms of the Diglett family, regular Meowth and Persian, the regular forms of the Growlithe family, regular Slowpoke and Slowbro, the Shellder family, Tauros, Ditto, the legendary birds, the Dratini family, and Mewtwo and Mew. If you do count Legends, but not Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee, then it also includes the Gen. 2 and 4 cross-gen evolutionary relatives of Pokemon from the first group, plus the Sudowoodo family, Heracross, regular Sneasel and Weavile, the Ralts family, the Barboach family, the Snorunt family, the Shinx family, the Combee family, the Shellos family, the Drifloon family, the Stunky family, the Bronzor family, Spiritomb, the Gible family, the Riolu family, the Hippopotas family, the Croagunk family, the Snover family, Rotom, the lake spirits, the reality trio, Heatran and Cresselia. And finally, if you don't count the Let's Go games and Legends, all Pokemon previously mentioned are available in Sword and Shield, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, and Scarlet and Violet, alongside Igglybuff, the Marill family, regular Wooper and Quagsire, regular Slowking, Dunsparce, regular Qwilfish, Delibird, the Larvitar family, the Wingull family, Sableye, Torkoal, the Swablu family, the Bagon family, and the weather trio. That's 124 species you can have in up to six mainline games, pretty cool, right?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
About people being disappointed about Dunsparce just evolving into a bigger Dunsparce: Similar evolutions exist. Magneton is just three Magnemite stuck together, Kantonian Diglet just gets two other Diglett and angry eyes, and Kantonian Muk is only a Grimer that grew 12 inches more and weighs exactly the same.
Yes, yes. Those are disappointing and underwhelming too. After so many gens I guess some people expect more creativity

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The game isn't even out yet and Larry is already the funniest character in the franchise
Does he wear a leisure suit?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Maybe instead of just throwing 'phobic words around I really wish people would just educate, it'd be neat to learn about other cultures, infact I technically did a little when S/M came about because it's so clearly different in a way because it was pulled from Hawaii.. but calling people xenophobic just for not knowing something is just extremely bleh imo.
I'm sorry I made you feel that way Emerald. I did not mean to imply that making such jokes inherently makes you a bad person or a bigot. I dont think that, In the moment, the words I used were necessarily wrong. Sometimes good people say or do somewhat bigoted things not out of malice, but because of ignorance. I've said bigoted things out of ignorance before. None of us are perfect and we all have blind spots. Sometimes we regurgitate the ideas that our culture feeds us without thinking but that doesn't mean it cant be harmful just because we didn't know better.
My use of those words was not intended as a permanent moral judgement of anyone making those jokes. I hope you can understand.
I don't wish to discuss the topic further since that's not the point of the thread.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I just calmed Noble Electrode last night. I have a week to finish PLA before SV!

Also the main page says preloading starts today. My payment hasn't been taken yet though. Anyone had their payment for the digital version taken yet?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I don’t know if it is ok for me to get hyped and excited for SV? I don’t wanna get let down like I was with swsh cuz the main story and the region were so short and narrow:(
I think it's okay to be hyped, we never know how the games are going to be until they're released.
The railroading that SwSh has is definitely an issue for me, as someone who loved the games. I think the open world aspect and the three story paths are a great way to make things more ah... open-ended. But you get my drift. It could make things more interesting and fun to play, since now you're not tethered to the main story, and allows replayability I assume.

I'm sorry I made you feel that way Emerald. I did not mean to imply that making such jokes inherently makes you a bad person or a bigot. I dont think that, In the moment, the words I used were necessarily wrong. Sometimes good people say or do somewhat bigoted things not out of malice, but because of ignorance. I've said bigoted things out of ignorance before. None of us are perfect and we all have blind spots. Sometimes we regurgitate the ideas that our culture feeds us without thinking but that doesn't mean it cant be harmful just because we didn't know better.
My use of those words was not intended as a permanent moral judgement of anyone making those jokes. I hope you can understand.
I don't wish to discuss the topic further since that's not the point of the thread.
DW bruh, I get it. You're good. c: Thanks for being understanding.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
RIKA’S A WOMAN???

eh idc i still like her

Ok going to put tags around anything in the open, storywise.

And let's be courteous, not everyone wants to see story spoilers. So let's tag them.

Kaddy2009

I just calmed Noble Electrode last night. I have a week to finish PLA before SV!

Also the main page says preloading starts today. My payment hasn't been taken yet though. Anyone had their payment for the digital version taken yet?
Mine hasn't preloaded yet, but maybe it's different for other people? Also I haven't seen any payment being taken neither.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.