• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Punching Glove:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This protective glove boosts the power of the holder’s punching moves and prevents direct contact with targets.
This & terastalization could make Iron Fist Crabominable way more viable until more pokémon are added to the meta

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Terrible decision... but NO Elite Four rematch. You only get to challenge them once in one save...
However... I think some of them can be fought on the post-game School Tournament.

kemal07

However... I think some of them can be fought on the post-game School Tournament.
I am really hoping that we get to challenge them and the Team Star Bosses with up-levelled teams.

I really don't like the fact that we only see Mela with a Torkoal... It would be amazing to see her with more of a variety.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I am really hoping that we get to challenge them and the Team Star Bosses with up-levelled teams.

I really don't like the fact that we only see Mela with a Torkoal... It would be amazing to see her with more of a variety.
I believe Team Star have rematches too. Only E4 does not.

Haven't seen people list which moves are considered Wind moves and Slicing moves, so here are the lists.

Wind: Gust, Whirlwind, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Sandstorm, Twister, Heat Wave, Air Cutter, Tailwind, Hurricane, Petal Blizzard, Fairy Wind, Springtide Storm, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm.

Slicing: Cut, Razor Leaf, Slash, Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Air Slash, X-Scissor, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison, Sacred Sword, Razor Shell, Solar Blade, Behemoth Blade, Stone Axe, Ceaseless Edge, Population Bomb, Kowtow Cleave, Bitter Blade, Aqua Cutter, Air Cutter.

Not many surprises here, except for Population Bomb I would say.

We have finally gotten the dex entries for Scarlet! https://pastebin.com/KiGpcbAK
From a quick glance, it looks like a lot of Pokémon from Gen I-V have old reused entries although some are new, while VI onward has new entries for everyone.

EDIT: Seems like forme data is missing at the moment. Only the "default" formes are included in this paste.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
We have finally gotten the dex entries for Scarlet! https://pastebin.com/KiGpcbAK
From a quick glance, it looks like Pokémon from Gen I-V have old reused entries, while VI onward has new ones.

EDIT: Seems like forme data is missing at the moment. Only the "default" formes are included in this paste.
The Ancient Pokémon entries are impossibly boring, the Future ones are much better.
Hopefully the Violet entries are the opposite.

0990: Iron Jugulis: It resembles a certain Pokémon introduced in a paranormal magazine, described as the offspring of a Hydreigon that fell in love with a robot.

Autobot N

The Ancient Pokémon entries are impossibly boring, the Future ones are much better.

0990: Iron Jugulis: It resembles a certain Pokémon introduced in a paranormal magazine, described as the offspring of a Hydreigon that fell in love with a robot.
Yeah my guess is that the Violet future ones will be more boring since they'd be tied to the Violet book instead of this "paranormal magazine." So the Ancient forms will probably have more interesting entries in Violet

Some new entries for old Pokémon I find interesting:

Avalugg: As Avalugg walks along with Bergmite on its back, it comes across pods of Cetitan. It lets them pass to avoid conflict.
Noibat: This Pokémon emits ultrasonic waves from its large ears to search for fruit to eat. It mistakes Applin for its food.
Crabominable: The detached pincers of these Pokémon are delicious. Some Trainers bring Lechonk into the mountains just to search for them.
Mareanie: This Pokémon wanders the seaside looking for food. It often gets electric shocks from broken Pincurchin spines that it tries to eat.
Lurantis: By masquerading as a bug Pokémon, it lowers the guard of actual bug Pokémon lured in by a scent of sweet flowers. Its sickles bring them down.
Salazzle: Salazzle makes its opponents light-headed with poisonous gas, then captivates them with alluring movements to turn them into loyal servants.
Passimian: This Pokémon battles by throwing hard berries. It won’t obey a Trainer who throws Poké Balls without skill.
Corviknight: Corviknight can’t serve as a taxi service in Paldea because the Pokémon’s natural predators will attack it while it flies, endangering the customer.
Rolycoly: On sunny days, Rolycoly will come out onto grassy plains and roll around. Then it will eat the grass that gets tangled in its wheel-like leg.
Appletun: It feeds mainly on sweet apples. It will also eat small bug Pokémon that are attracted by its sweet nectar.
Arrokuda: Arrokuda can swim quickly only in a straight line. The ones that become sluggish from overeating are the first to be targeted by flocks of Wattrel.
Barraskewda: It spins its tail fins to leap from the water, then viciously bites down on Wingull flying close to the water’s surface.
Eiscue: On hot days, these Pokémon press their ice cube heads together and pass the time cooling each other down.
Drakloak: This Pokémon flies around at over 120 miles per hour. If a Drakloak is defeated in a battle, its Dreepy will wander off without a second thought.

Missingno.Fan

Does the different forms of Mousehold have different stats or is it just cosmetic? Also does anybody know what determine how many babies it will have?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

It looks like most of the Ancient dexes mention the book so I wouldn't be surprised if Violet has more fleshed out dexes to make up for the lack of Scarlet's journal.

Also that Iron Jugulis entry had me laughing for a good minute.

kemal07

Does the different forms of Mousehold have different stats or is it just cosmetic? Also does anybody know what determine how many babies it will have?
Wasn't it said to be something to do with how much you walk with it or how much time spent with it on the team? I may be wrong though.

I wonder what is taking the data miners to state Gym Leader and Team Star rematch teams and also trainers that take part in the post game tournament

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Typhlosion got its flames back in battle, clout chasers on twitter will have to look for more material now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.