• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenksy

Pokemon Princess
I wish someone could tell me where in game I can find the Tinkatink :(

Autobot N

So I'm having trouble deciding. Three members of my team are completely set, being Skeledirge, Tinkaton, and Dudunsparce. I know I want to have Water and Fighting types, but I can't decide between using Water Tauros and Kilowattrel, or using Fighting Tauros and Palafin. Last slot would be either Cyclizar (which in my headcannon will be my Miraidon, so he's actually contributing to battles in his weakened state) or Iron Treads to fill my Legend/Legendary-adjacent slot.

Misc Pokémon details: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

Notes:
The Tinkatink line is the only new gender-locked Pokémon(100% Female). The new Tauros variants are also 100% Male just like regular Tauros.
Aside from the starters having the typical starter gender distribution, every other gendered Pokémon is 50/50.
Aside from legendaries and similar Pokémon(the mascot legendaries, the ruin quartet, paradoxes, the gimmighoul line) the only new gender unknown Pokémon is the Tandemaus line.
Even is probably measured by length Dondozo is enormous at 12.0m! That puts it between Alolan Exeggutor at 10.9m and Wailord at 14.5m.

Julia Artemis

Rillaboom loses Grassy Glide, High Horsepower, and Superpower

Hit with the nerf bat real bad.

R.I.P Bozo

Honestly I'm thinking Inteleon will have a much better time in Paldea than in Galar. Without Dynamax it probably will have better chance at surviving attacks and with it's movepool it has a ton of options for Terra, also can maybe make it's speed and special attack stats actually do something. Really Cinderace especially is massively hurt by no Dynamax and nerfing of Libero.

Thinking in Paldea it will be Rillaboom, Inteleon than Cinderace

Copley Hill Gym

Terrible decision... but NO Elite Four rematch. You only get to challenge them once in one save...
That is an insanely bad post game design decision. Why on earth would anyone at GF think that was a good idea?

Not a deal breaker for me but after so long since we’ve seen something of this in a mainstream game outside of the remakes, this bites. Frankly.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Typhlosion got its flames back in battle, clout chasers on twitter will have to look for more material now ;)
Legends: Arceus was the first 3D main series games to give the Typhlosion line its flames when in battle, glad to know it is sticking for the future.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
On the whole, some interesting Pokedex entries! The Paradox ones are kinda lame though, was hoping for more theories on where they came from / what they are than just "oh this thing appeared in a book/magazine found". Some have weird concepts of dates which is cool, but I was hoping for more. Lots of friendly / loyal Pokemon this generation which is nice!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That is an insanely bad post game design decision. Why on earth would anyone at GF think that was a good idea?

Not a deal breaker for me but after so long since we’ve seen something of this in a mainstream game outside of the remakes, this bites. Frankly.
As I've mentioned before, the E4 and the Champion can be fought randomly at the school battle tournament. That is also how you get the Champion Ribbon for your other Pokemon. So basically, the whole competition is the League, and you're fighting against faculty.

Copley Hill Gym

As I've mentioned before, the E4 and the Champion can be fought randomly at the school battle tournament. That is also how you get the Champion Ribbon for your other Pokemon. So basically, the whole competition is the League, and you're fighting against faculty.

I do miss having the gauntlet run though.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
On the whole, some interesting Pokedex entries! The Paradox ones are kinda lame though, was hoping for more theories on where they came from / what they are than just "oh this thing appeared in a book/magazine found". Some have weird concepts of dates which is cool, but I was hoping for more. Lots of friendly / loyal Pokemon this generation which is nice!
At least it’s better than them having the exact same Dex entry as some of the UB in USUM.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Misc Pokémon details: https://pastebin.com/stVQdp7U

Notes:
The Tinkatink line is the only new gender-locked Pokémon(100% Female). The new Tauros variants are also 100% Male just like regular Tauros.
Aside from the starters having the typical starter gender distribution, every other gendered Pokémon is 50/50.
Aside from legendaries and similar Pokémon(the mascot legendaries, the ruin quartet, paradoxes, the gimmighoul line) the only new gender unknown Pokémon is the Tandemaus line.
Even is probably measured by length Dondozo is enormous at 12.0m! That puts it between Alolan Exeggutor at 10.9m and Wailord at 14.5m.
Heights in cm and weights in kg! Finally I can make some sense out of it.

Was curious to see if the Paradox versions would make Donphan finally have a proper size (it is 1.1m).
And Great Tusk is 2.2m! Not as big as Copperajah (3m), but good enough. Finally a Donphan that is a big as it looks.
Meanwhile Iron Treads is even smaller than regular Donphan at 0.9m.

Iron Thorns somehow is also smaller than Tyranitar. 2m -> 1.6m

Dudunsparce is long. Dunsparce was 1.5m, while Dudunsparde is 3.6m (two segments) and 4.5m (three segments).

But the thing that really caught my eye: why is Houndstone so damn huge??? Greavard is 0.6m. Houndstone is 2m!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Exactly. It was one good way to help make money in game.

Copley Hill Gym

Exactly. It was one good way to help make money in game.
That's a really good point. Not that I was short on cash in SW/SH with the tournaments, but E4 was always good for levelling up and money, generally.

I can't believe there's no third legendary in the game as it stands. A really odd thing to cut from a main Pokémon game in a new generation.

SW/SH's battle tower and tournament ranks as being better in my book as it stands, but this is of course based on having not played S/V yet and relying on leak info.

Heights in cm and weights in kg! Finally I can make some sense out of it.

Was curious to see if the Paradox versions would make Donphan finally have a proper size (it is 1.1m).
And Great Tusk is 2.2m! Not as big as Copperajah (3m), but good enough. Finally a Donphan that is a big as it looks.
Meanwhile Iron Treads is even smaller than regular Donphan at 0.9m.

Iron Thorns somehow is also smaller than Tyranitar. 2m -> 1.6m

Dudunsparce is long. Dunsparce was 1.5m, while Dudunsparde is 3.6m (two segments) and 4.5m (three segments).

But the thing that really caught my eye: why is Houndstone so damn huge??? Greavard is 0.6m. Houndstone is 2m!
Yeah, Houndstone is much bigger than what I would have expected. Compare it to the other dog Pokémon and it looks massive, Dachsbun is 0.5m and Mabosstiff is 1.1m. Not sure if people have figured it out by themselves but there are also no Day and Night form of Mabosstiff, must have been the lighting that confused some people.
Also wondering if Slither Wings is measured in height or length, 3.2m is a lot more than regular Volcarona.
Flutter Mane(1.4m) is also twice as tall as Misdreavus(0.7m)

Khu hinted at new Cap Pikachu, Vivillon patterns, and Eternal Floette previously. There are no new Cap Pikachu but they're all coded into the game. No new Vivillon patterns but they're all coded into the game, although supposedly you can only obtain Fancy pattern with the rest being transfers-only. Eternal Floette is not coded into the game at all, only the 5 regular variants.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
So I'm having trouble deciding. Three members of my team are completely set, being Skeledirge, Tinkaton, and Dudunsparce. I know I want to have Water and Fighting types, but I can't decide between using Water Tauros and Kilowattrel, or using Fighting Tauros and Palafin. Last slot would be either Cyclizar (which in my headcannon will be my Miraidon, so he's actually contributing to battles in his weakened state) or Iron Treads to fill my Legend/Legendary-adjacent slot.
My advice would be to not limit yourself to the 6 slots.
These EXP Share forced games are fully designed around the idea that you won't stick with the same 6 pokémon throughout the entire thing, but instead will use everything you like, so having a bigger team of rotating pokémon is pretty much a necessity if you don't want to get seriously overleveled (or having to constantly worry about micromanaging your team to avoid that). I kept a team of 6 in Sword and I had to micromanage so much that it ruined the immersion.

I fully intend to have a big team this time. My only problem is the fact you can't rematch the League, and it really doesn't sit well with me the idea that not every member of my team will be a "Champion".

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Came across an vid showing supposedly 2 hrs of gameplay of Scarlet (that’s still up as of this comment), I’m already intrigued af.

Hadn’t been truly excited about a game since the entirety of Unova, so this’ll be nice.

kemal07

Do we know if we can battle the other teachers in the game?
Like Jacq, the Sports teacher, the two other female teachers and the fierce looking teacher with the black hair and beard?

Copley Hill Gym

It's so frustrating to see so many good design decisions, and so many poor ones throughout the game as it stands, particularly when looking at this from the "are we paying for a full game experience" where Pokémon has had for a very long time, a very good base for game/postgame content.

Not having a battle tower or third legendary seems remarkably mean spirited, and yet we get a good dozen paradox forms and a legendary quartet (is this a first, having a quartet up front, if we exclude the swords of justice plus the fourth one?) so it's not as if we are under served, but a third legendary has been a staple of the games since R/S at least.

There also seems to be no mythical equivalent either (mew/celebi/jirachi/etc) so are we short changed again, or is it better to have the ones we have in the game?

I am sure I will forget and forgive a lot of this stuff when I am playing the game but at the minute I feel like the post-game is starting to look quite flimsy, and DLC is not really a great excuse for the base game lacking in replay value, when the whole nature of the Pokémon titles since R/G/B/Y has been that you need certain repetitive aspects to do basic things like level up and buy/win stuff.

SW/SH got the balance right with the tournament and battle tower I feel. Not sure if the academy is going to be as good quite frankly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.