• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Well that explains why male-only pokemon now have egg moves, they aren't simply egg moves anymore! I like to imagine them teaching each other moves during the picnic, it's cute.

On another note, it seems Ability Patches are available but only as rewards for winning in high rank raids.

All in all this seems to be the most user-friendly game for building pokemon yet. Right from the start we have access to all the hidden abilities for any pokemon in the game, and a easy way to give any of them a picnic move (compared to gen 8 where the pokemon had to be the same species). Now to just see how easy it is to get the EV reducing berries (there are ways to buy a ton of them at an auction but its apparently random what is offered and only available once a day, and what is offered is not always the berries either).

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Removing the Compound Eyes effect for raising the % of a wild pokémon holding an item is something I took personally. Not only it is very useful to get those items with super low chances, it is also the one thing that makes Butterfree have some utility even if you don't care about it in battles... although I suppose worrying about how anything in this game would affect Butterfree makes no sense anyways.
Still, hope this means there will no "only found held by wild pokémon" low % items this time.

And since I am talking about my favorite pokémon...

I know playing the game and seeing the official artwork might change our opinions on the new mons, but since the dust has settled for now, what are your favorite new additions to the dex?

Right now, mine would be these 3:
THqMoXe.png
zhaDnFE.png
IOEhfw8.png

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Removing the Compound Eyes effect for raising the % of a wild pokémon holding an item is something I took personally. Not only it is very useful to get those items with super low chances, it is also the one thing that makes Butterfree have some utility even if you don't care about it in battles... although I suppose worrying about how anything in this game would affect Butterfree makes no sense anyways.
Still, hope this means there will no "only found held by wild pokémon" low % items this time.

I know playing the game and seeing the official artwork might change our opinions on the new mons, but since the dust has settled for now, what are your favorite new additions to the dex?

THqMoXe.png
zhaDnFE.png
IOEhfw8.png
Too many my guy.

Mabosstiff, Spidops, Lokix, Pawmo, Kilowattrel, Flamigo, Finizen, Cetitan, Garganacl and Baxcalibur

are all really good Pokemon to me. I also appreciate the starters, Bombirdier and Armarouge.

THqMoXe.png
zhaDnFE.png
IOEhfw8.png
This is pretty much where I'm standing right now, although it will probably change a fair bit when I actually get to play with them and see them in action properly.
tiers.png

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Right now my faves would be:

Skeledirge, Quaquaval, Dudunsparce (3 segment form), Espathra, Farigiraf, Veluza, Orthworm, Cyclizar, Flamigo, Kilowatrel, Bombirdier, Glimmora, Brambleghast, Tasugiri, Dodonzo, Paldean Tauros (not sure which one I like most), Chien Pao, Wo-Chien, Koraidon, Roaring Moon, Great Tusk, Slither Wing.

Compared to gen 8, I think there are more pokemon I really like in this gen, enough to make a couple teams with just the new ones even.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
Alr, I got some new info from a different youtuber since their videos haven’t been deleted by copyright issues yet, I guess i’ll post the link now,
because I have proof, and since twitters been allowed i’ll allow youtube.

Lets start with Iono because that’s the first one I saw on youtube. I suspect their the 2nd gym leader but I hope they are a bit more later.
The gym test is to find Clavel aka the guy who’s old and has white hair. He’s in a boat. It’s probably randomized.
They send out Wattrel first. After defeating it Iono makes no comment (I will say if the gym leader makes comments). Then she sends out Bellibolt. Iono’s bellibolt seems to be tanky as a black regional taurus (The pokemon the YT used) cannot faint it even after switching pokemon. Iono then sends out Luxio. Also in the battle Iono constantly dances.
Iono then says
”Oh noes! This isn’t good! Loyal fans—I need to hear you cheerin’! Gimme all you got!”
Iono then sends out mismagius. Also at this point i’m also assuming this is the first battle with Iono.
One thing to note that Iono calls herself a “queen” once, which is weird kind of, and also her personality as a v-tuber is further made clear as she pronounces TMS as “tee-ms”.
Onto the next gym leader! (I can’t post things too long, it’s tiring). Now who’d you like to choose for me to cover and link the video? Maybe tomorrow, but Grusha, Larry, or Tulip are your options.

Acer11

This is pretty much where I'm standing right now, although it will probably change a fair bit when I actually get to play with them and see them in action properly.
tiers.png
Actually, The ability was also good for Galvantula's Thunder move.

Actually, The ability was also good for Galvantula's Thunder move.
I should probably have clarified that I was only answering the final question about my favorite Pokémon this generation, sorry.

Anyway, as far as I know Compound Eyes works as it always has in-battle. It is purely out-of-battle effects that have been removed.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Apparently the Scarlet rom wasn't ideally extracted from the cartridge since the Violet rom someone else uploaded performs much better.

Would also explain why people like AustinJohn who got physical copies of the games explicitely said the games after the update runs a lot better.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
For favourite Pokemon based on what we know from the leaks:

Skeleridge, Quaquaval, Ceruledge, Farigiraf, Kilowatrel, Tinkaton, Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, Iron Moth, Roaring Moon, Miraidon and Koraidon.

Likely will change once I get to actually to use them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I heard they "evolve" at level 25 but they don't have an evolution screen, the kid mice just appear the next time you look at the Pokemon.

People have been wondering if an everstone would stop it from happening since it's not exactly an evolution.
So it’s sort of like Nincada evolving into Shedinja? We have never seen the evolution screen for that particular evolution as it only shows Ninjask being the result.

How does Tandemaus evolve? Was it already discovered?
Tandemaus and Dunsparce are the two we still don't fully understand I believe. Tandemaus evolves at 25 and Dunsparce when leveling up while knowing Hyper Drill. However we still don't know what determines their forms even after pretty extensive collective testing. All we know is that family of three Maushold and three-segmented Dudunsparce are much harder to meet the criteria for than family of four Maushold and two-segmented Dudunsparce.

Status
Not open for further replies.