• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I've read there are version exlcusive outfits. Is there a list somewhere? Cant find one
Pretty sure that would mean the colors.

Most clothes in Scarlet have scarlet accents (ties, shorts, jackets) for your clothes and all important npcs, while in Violet its Violet accents.

character-clavell-detail.png

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Hearing even with day one patch these are problems people are facing:

Slow downs and lags when on hills, heavy populated areas, transitioning to towns, weather in affect, Let's Go feature, lots of Pokemon on the field.

That there are lots of stilted animations with background npcs, background animations and the like. I.E Sunflora running.

Character and Pokemon pop in glitches and lags.

Let's Go feature, Pokemon are still slow and will pop in and out if you command them faster than they can run.

I'm still unsure if these are problems because the game hasn't officially released yet, if its a patch problem, if its because they are emulating it on a rom.

But I keep looking at the last trailer we have and even though SWSH had texture problems it looked and played it was shown in the trailer. So I have to have faifth that the game on release will also run and look like it does in the gameplay part of the trailers.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m going to take any reports of performance issues with a grain of NACLi until after the game is released. There are too many variables that may impact the perceived performance. Which Switch model, playing docked vs handheld, screen resolution, and SD card quality and speed for digital downloads could all make a difference here.

Muffin Man

So I heard moves are being wiped from transferred pokemon. I wonder, does that mean my Pikachu will lose the Volt Tackle that I was finally able to teach it in Sun/Moon? Is Volt Tackle back to being exclusive only to Pikachu that were specifically bred to have it, or is there a way to relearn it again?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Did we get any confirmation whether the pseudo-legendary Ice/Dragon would be available early game or not?
The 1st stage was used to showcase the habitat system in your pokedex, it looks like it can be only found in the northern snowy area and a cave system in the north part of the canyon area by the grass gym.

Reminder though, you can go anywhere at anytime, so you could run to the north as early as you want to grab one

The 1st stage was used to showcase the habitat system in your pokedex, it looks like it can be only found in the northern snowy area and a cave system in the north part of the canyon area by the grass gym.

Reminder though, you can go anywhere at anytime, so you could run to the north as early as you want to grab one
I think it is confirmed that there is a system in place that makes it very hard(but not impossible?) to catch Pokémon over your badge(?) level.
I remember early on in PLA that it was damn impossible to catch some of the Alphas roaming around in the first area.
That said I much prefer this approach to how SwSh handled it.

Missingno.Fan

Tandemaus and Dunsparce are the two we still don't fully understand I believe. Tandemaus evolves at 25 and Dunsparce when leveling up while knowing Hyper Drill. However we still don't know what determines their forms even after pretty extensive collective testing. All we know is that family of three Maushold and three-segmented Dudunsparce are much harder to meet the criteria for than family of four Maushold and two-segmented Dudunsparce.
I heard a rumor that with Tandemaus it depends on how much of the Let’s Go feature you use. I’m not sure about Dunsparce.

I heard a rumor that with Tandemaus it depends on how much of the Let’s Go feature you use. I’m not sure about Dunsparce.
Rellor, Pawmo, and Bramblin are all based on 1000 Let's Go steps. They have a different condition flag(UNKNOWN_50) than Tandemaus(52 and 53, one for each form) and Dunsparce(57 and 58) although I suppose it can't be ruled out that these refer to different amounts of steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.