• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copley Hill Gym

Eh, more like the rewards in PLA

No, I REALLY did mean like the Coromon rewards system. Only difference it is arranged vertically:

milestone_rewards.jpg

falconlord

Yeah, it still looks more like PLA to me.

Not that either system is particularly original...

falconlord

Yes it did.

Fill out the Pokedex, increase rank, get reward. How is that not like this?

That was a core (and somewhat irritating) game mechanic.

Copley Hill Gym

Yes it did.

Fill out the Pokedex, increase rank, get reward. How is that not like this?

That was a core (and somewhat irritating) game mechanic.

Perhaps we are talking at cross purposes but I am explicitly talking about the aesthetic design of the system which shows a tracker and level, and reward, for which the S/V one and the Coromon are visually extraordinarily similar - fact.

That PLA had the same mechanic as a matter of technical course, but not visually presented in the same way, is sort of missing the point I am making:

milestone_rewards.jpg

FhiOEaTWQAIwp5v

You would have to be blind to call the PLA system more similar to S/V than the Coromon one.

falconlord

There was, in fact, a literal visual representation of your rank in your Pokedex.

It was right there. I know because I was often cursing the damned mechanic while I searched out new Pokedex entries after beating the boss to move on to the next area.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Here's something I haven't seen addressed in any of the leaks I've read, perhaps someone here has. Regarding size variation, do hatched pokemon sometimes come out in smaller or larger than average sizes? If not, then I presume its impossible right now to get the starters in anything but the pokedex-displayed average size?

And since all the paradox pokemon can be caught repeatedly, do they vary in size, or is that only for "normal" wild pokemon?

falconlord

I have seen some stuff on size variation (alpha Pokes are all the max size in the dex, but aren't giants like Titans, for example) but nothing on eggs or 'paradoxes', sorry.

falconlord

So far, the only ones I've seen are uniform options. Nobody, to my knowledge, has leaked body customization options yet.

Acer11

At least you can still trade locally and access Pokemon GO and HOME after service for Sword and Shield ends.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
At least you can still trade locally and access Pokemon GO and HOME after service for Sword and Shield ends.
You can still use the online features as well as internet service for the games won’t stop just because a new Gen is out.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They do?

Ah, so it's not all that bad. Specially with mints, caps and capsules to patch everything else.

Does Cute Charm still work to manipulate the gender of the species that do have this?

typesix.png

I made this chart to better visualize the type distribution of this generation. And also to help me decide on a team but I'm still undecided in that regard.
Glad to see that every type has at least two non-paradox non-legendary Pokémon you can use on your team. Ground, Ice, and Fairy have the fewest with only two options, but for Ground the Donphan paradoxes are available late midgame-ish. A shame that all new Ice types are relatively late but I'm used to it by now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.