• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The new psudo looks so underwhelming to me.. Very plain and dull..
It's surprising cuz I liked all the the ones in the previous gens and thought they all had a very unique and fun design
It seems to have some interesting animations if nothing else (seems to heavily reference older Godzilla movies with it propelling itself with its breath weapon). May look better close up too.

I wasn't too sure how I felt about the Water Tauros, but I just found out it swims fast by shooting water from its horns. That certainly raised its appeal. Still probably like the Fire one the most, the horn shape and the way it wraps its tails together are awesome.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Hi guys, do we know if we can catch pokemon in cities?? They really showed pokemon in cities in the trailers so can we get them or are they just for show.
I haven't seen any locational data about where to catch any of the Pokemon yet

Not sure if I missed it but have the teams of Gym Leaders been revealed yet?
Late reply, but I hadn't seen any good team lists before now. This one has most of the relevant story characters.
teams.png

Only important match I see missing is Nemona's final team.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Late reply, but I hadn't seen any good team lists before now. This one has most of the relevant story characters.
teams.png

Thanks a lot. The rematch teams are way better. Interesting choices for terra aces.

kemal07

Thanks a lot. The rematch teams are way better. Interesting choices for terra aces.
Do we know if the Gym Leaders enter the Ace tournament? knowing that you can't rematch them, I am guessing no? Or is it similar to the Elite Four, how you can't challenge them at the league, but you can if they are part of the Ace tournament bracket.

This is in reference to the theory that the paradoxes are not from the past/future but actually imaginary.
The dubious paranormal magazines referenced in the opposite game's paradox Pokédex entries can actually be found in-game. And Sada/Turo states that they aren't exactly sure where the "time machine" is pulling the Pokémon from. The leading theory I have heard is that Sada/Turo read these magazines, imagined that it was what Pokémon from the past/future actually look like and then the "time machine"/third legendary created these Pokémon.

teams.png

I get that the point of this gens gimmick is changing a pokemons type, but I still wish that the gym leaders aces were all Paldean Pokémon, and that they and the elite 4 used more gen 9 pokemon in general

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

This is in reference to the theory that the paradoxes are not from the past/future but actually imaginary.
The dubious paranormal magazines referenced in the opposite game's paradox Pokédex entries can actually be found in-game. And Sada/Turo states that they aren't exactly sure where the "time machine" is pulling the Pokémon from. The leading theory I have heard is that Sada/Turo read these magazines, imagined that it was what Pokémon from the past/future actually look like and then the "time machine"/third legendary created these Pokémon.
Perhaps the 3rd legendary is slumbering and from it, or its dreams, it creates these Paradox Pokemon?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
teams.png

I still think it's crazy that Brassius doesn't get the tumble weed.

This isn't exactly new information, but I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread (did a quick search for ribbon/ribbons).
There are only two new ribbons. Paldea Champion Ribbon which you get for beating the league, and I think other Pokémon can get for winning the ace tournament afterward. And the Once-in-a-Lifetime Ribbon which is quite frankly ridiculous and will give anyone trying to collect all ribbons on Pokémon nightmares for years if it works as theorized.
1668270358123.png

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
This isn't exactly new information, but I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread (did a quick search for ribbon/ribbons).
There are only two new ribbons. Paldea Champion Ribbon which you get for beating the league, and I think other Pokémon can get for winning the ace tournament afterward. And the Once-in-a-Lifetime Ribbon which is quite frankly ridiculous and will give anyone trying to collect all ribbons on Pokémon nightmares for years if it works as theorized.
1668270358123.png
I'm not a ribbon hunter so I don't know all the criteria, but it sounds like they would have to start with that one, build up all the other ribbons on a Mon that came to them with it.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Perhaps the 3rd legendary is slumbering and from it, or its dreams, it creates these Paradox Pokemon?
Wait…the 3rd Legendary is the Wind Fish?

ShinyPie

Fruity & Delicious
Haven't seen this posted yet, so here's some move nerfs:

Ally Switch, Rage Powder, Follow Me - can now fail if used in succession
Grassy Glide - 60 power, down from 70
Wicked Blow - 75 power, down from 80
Glacial Lance - 120 power, down from 130
Recover, Rest, Soft-Boiled, Shore Up, Roost, Slack Off, Milk Drink - 5 PP, down from 10

Status
Not open for further replies.