• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Do they lift the media ban before release? I feel like in the past Joe was able to begin coverage in the days leading up to game releases but my memory is horrible.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Anybody know who can learn Triple Dive?

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
At least you can still trade locally and access Pokemon GO and HOME after service for Sword and Shield ends.
What! Where does service end and how? Can I not use home to transfer my PLA to swsh? I know that we’ll be able to transfer from SWSH (I have sword) to SV in 2023, but what will not be able to transfer from and to?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What! Where does service end and how? Can I not use home to transfer my PLA to swsh? I know that we’ll be able to transfer from SWSH (I have sword) to SV in 2023, but what will not be able to transfer from and to?
There's no such thing. The one ending is Pokemon Bank on March 27, 2023. Well, not really "ending". You can still use it to transfer Pokemon at no cost. Just read this article.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
I think they worded this badly. They haven't announced the end to servicing Sword/Shield with Home. I think they're ending the themed raids that they had been doing but that's all.

I think what they meant was in the future, if they did drop support for Sword/Shield that we would still have access to our Mons on Home.

Litleonid

This is in reference to the theory that the paradoxes are not from the past/future but actually imaginary.
The dubious paranormal magazines referenced in the opposite game's paradox Pokédex entries can actually be found in-game. And Sada/Turo states that they aren't exactly sure where the "time machine" is pulling the Pokémon from. The leading theory I have heard is that Sada/Turo read these magazines, imagined that it was what Pokémon from the past/future actually look like and then the "time machine"/third legendary created these Pokémon.
Its important to note, I believe it was confirmed that Khu's riddles about story only apply to the Chinese version. So they're irrelevant for us. For some absurd reason, time travel stories are banned there for whatever stupid reason.

Acer11

I think it's only for Wild Area and Battle competitions. You can still use local battles and trades as well as connect to HOME. It's the same for Let's Go.

Acer11

Haven't seen this posted yet, so here's some move nerfs:

Ally Switch, Rage Powder, Follow Me - can now fail if used in succession
Grassy Glide - 60 power, down from 70
Wicked Blow - 75 power, down from 80
Glacial Lance - 120 power, down from 130
Recover, Rest, Soft-Boiled, Shore Up, Roost, Slack Off, Milk Drink - 5 PP, down from 10
What about other moves and abilities, like Wide Guard, Magic Bounce, and Astral Barrage?

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Its important to note, I believe it was confirmed that Khu's riddles about story only apply to the Chinese version. So they're irrelevant for us. For some absurd reason, time travel stories are banned there for whatever stupid reason.
Except time travel movies still get released in China. They even made their own time travel movie called Hi, Mom in 2021.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
To my knowledge no such confirmation exists, and those playing in English also see that time travel is not a thing. Rather it is presented as a possible explanation for the Paradox Pokemon, only for the AI for the "time machine" to reveal it is not linked to actual different time periods but to "imaginary" eras.

Litleonid

To my knowledge no such confirmation exists, and those playing in English also see that time travel is not a thing. Rather it is presented as a possible explanation for the Paradox Pokemon, only for the AI for the "time machine" to reveal it is not linked to actual different time periods but to "imaginary" eras.
I watched the stream and saw no mention of inaginary eras. The machine AI Sada used was explicitly stated to be used for time travel..

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I watched the stream and saw no mention of inaginary eras. The machine AI Sada used was explicitly stated to be used for time travel.
We'll just have to see then. What I have heard is that most streamers missed this info somehow. The dex entries certainly seem to support the imagination theory as well.

Litleonid

We'll just have to see then. What I have heard is that most streamers missed this info somehow. The dex entries certainly seem to support the imagination theory as well.
This is coming from Paradox Suicune's description in the book. Its called an imaginary Pokemon. Researchers speculate whether it exists or not.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This is coming from Paradox Suicune's description in the book. Its called an imaginary Pokemon. Researchers speculate whether it exists or not.
Not just that. Many of the Paradox Pokemon are stated to resemble creatures that were thought up in paranormal magazines or other fictional stories.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
There's no such thing. The one ending is Pokemon Bank on March 27, 2023. Well, not really "ending". You can still use it to transfer Pokemon at no cost. Just read this article.
And this is why I haven’t finished my Home Dex yet to get Original Magerna. I didn’t want to pay for Bank knowing it would become free next year.

Rune Knight

Just for fun, I did a head count of all of the missing Pokémon that are unavailable in Sw&Sh and will continue to be missing in S&V's base games.

There are 124 that I was able to pinpoint, but it's possible that my count is subject to a degree of error since it is based on data from the leaks and I did it manually. It's also possible that someone on the internet already did this and did it better than me. Regardless, here is the full list:

Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata / Alolan Rattata
Raticate / Alolan Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Paras
Parasect
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebell
Geodude / Alolan Geodude
Graveler / Alolan Geodude
Golem / Alolan Golem
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong

Chicorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Totodile
Croconow
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Aipom
Yanma
Unown
Gligar
Snubbul
Granbull
Smeargle

Poochyena
Mightyena
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Taillow
Swellow
Skitty
Delcatty
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Spinda
Keckleon
Shuppet
Banette
Chimecho
Clamperl
Hauntail
Gorebyss
Deoxys

Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Bidoof
Bibarel
Cranidos
Rampidos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Ambipom
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Chatot
Carnivine
Yanmega
Gliscor
Bropopass
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Patrat
Watchhog
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Ducklett
Swanna

Furfrou

Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon
Minior

Even though some of them appeared throughout BD/SP/LA, they weren't in Sw/Sh which acted as the main competitive scene; so I'm personally hoping that we'll see some of them return for future DLC.

Feel free to let me know of any errors that I may have made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.