• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Sounds like we have another case of version exclusives.

Fire/Fighting Tauros is Scarlet
Water/Fighting Tauros is Violet.

Although there are people saying all 3 are in their games..

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Sounds like we have another case of version exclusives.

Fire/Fighting Tauros is Scarlet
Water/Fighting Tauros is Violet.

Although there are people saying all 3 are in their games..

Maybe they're more common to one version or another. And more rare, depending on what version.

vondecayle

I want to see the Bayleef line on DLC ;(

Julia Artemis

Im so happy with my choice of picking Violet. It feels like the Silver or Sapphire of this gen. Also pretty underwhelmed with the new water Pokemon that I've seen and never really used Tauros and definitely not tried to use on since like Yellow so I'm excited to see if this water Tauros is good. Wish it was just pure water

javimgol

I ordered the dual Violet+Scarlet package. I just cancelled it, wanted to buy just Scarlet...and it's not available in Amazon in Spain. Violet for sure, and Scarlet is available in other retailers, but not with the Amazon Prime discount.
So Scarlet looks far more popular, at least in real Paldea...

Julia Artemis

Yeah same I'm going to probably get Scarlet later. Violet is just going to be my first playthrough. Really picked it mostly because I just did not like what Koraidon's riding animation looks like and Miraidon reminds me of a bike from Akira, but purple

CHETTHEFAN

Saw something on reddit about the legendary quartet being shiny locked. Can I get some confirmation if anyone has that info? Really appreciate it.

Julia Artemis

Not surprised the Ruin Quartet is shiny locked. They are basically the Tapus of the games. Betting we can get their shinies in some event

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Apparently there was code found for a convergent Gyarados line.

Its possible we could see it in the DLC, it most likely could have been scrapped though since Toedscool line takes its place.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme

Its possible we could see it in the DLC, it most likely could have been scrapped though since Toedscool line takes its place.
I saw that discussion, theory goes Orthworm became what the convergent Gyarados line would be? I think it's due to the internal names referencing land / hills so we would've had a Ground type Gyarados as a counterpart to the Wiglett / Wugtrio line, plus Earth Eater (Orthworm's ability) being the second-to-last ability in the lists with Mycelium Might (the Toedscool line's ability) being the last one

I saw that discussion, think the theory is that it got replaced by Orthworm + the convergent Tentacruel line? The internal name for Toedscool references land / hills, so Gyarados would've been a Ground type to contrast the Wiglett line (who were Ground types that became Water types). Guess Orthworm fitted the position better so it got the Ground immunity ability and we got the Toedscool line instead - Mycelium Might was the last ability added to the lists so seems to fit.

Kingudora

My favourite

To elaborate further, the internal names for Toedscool and Toedscruel are OKAKINGU and OKAGYARADOSU respectively (roughly meaning Land Magikarp / Gyarados).

Since the internal names haven't been updated to fit Toedscool / Toedscruel, it seems like the redesign happened late in development. Their signature ability, Mycelium Might, is the last entry in the ability index, further implying their late rework.

This is speculation on my part, but I think the main reason the Magikarp / Gyarados lookalikes got scrapped was because of Orthworm, with them likely being too similar thematically. I also think that Earth Eater (Orthworm's signature ability) was considered for both Orthworm and the Land Gyarados at first, since Earth Eater is the ability right above Mycelium Might in the ability index.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
To elaborate further, the internal names for Toedscool and Toedscruel are OKAKINGU and OKAGYARADOSU respectively (roughly meaning Land Magikarp / Gyarados).

Since the internal names haven't been updated to fit Toedscool / Toedscruel, it seems like the redesign happened late in development. Their signature ability, Mycelium Might, is the last entry in the ability index, further implying their late rework.

This is speculation on my part, but I think the main reason the Magikarp / Gyarados lookalikes got scrapped was because of Orthworm, with them likely being too similar thematically. I also think that Earth Eater (Orthworm's signature ability) was considered for both Orthworm and the Land Gyarados at first, since Earth Eater is the ability right above Mycelium Might in the ability index.
Oh wauw, that sounds so cool.

I want to point out that beta Gyarados was also distinctly worm-shaped, so they might have wanted to go for something similar. I agree that it was likely scrapped because it was too similar to Orthworm(or even turned into Orthworm, although that doesn't really align with the index numbers).

Status
Not open for further replies.