• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
You know whats weird?

Clodsire is the only regional form/evolution to not get a new signature move.

All Tauroses-Raging Bull
Farigiraf-Twin Beam
Dundunsparce-Hyper Drill
Annihlape-Rage Fist
Kingambit-Kowtow Cleave

Clodsire?

Nothing

treatyofversigh

You know whats weird?

All Tauroses-Raging Bull
Farigiraf-Twin Beam
Dundunsparce-Hyper Drill
Annihlape-Rage Fist
Kingambit-Kowtow Cleave

Clodsire?

Nothing
Justice for Clodsire!! He's friend-shaped and deserves better.

What do you think Clodsire should get, based on the other moves? Maybe some sort of poison beam/spray attack?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Justice for Clodsire!! He's friend-shaped and deserves better.

What do you think Clodsire should get, based on the other moves? Maybe some sort of poison beam/spray attack?
Something like Swamp Shot, ground type move, and it launches a ball of condensed swamp water and mud at the opponent, lowering its speed and poisoning? Maybe its more effective on grass Pokemon.

Rune Knight

Less than 3 days left. Just for fun, I felt like throwing in some idea names for future DLC expansions:

The Rich Sea - Would be based on the Mediterranean Sea; themed around pirates and treasures.
The Land of Souvenir - Would be set in Southern Kalos; themed around love and friendships.
The Chiming City - Would be set in parts of Portugal; themed around music and architecture.

ShadowForce720

Since these games don't include Mega Evolution I do not believe that there will be any connections to Kalos at all.
They would only really need to include Mega Evolutions if we were going to visit the main part of the Kalos Region.

However if we’re only visiting Southern Kalos(which would be the southern part of France that hasn’t been adapted yet) then they wouldn’t necessarily have to include Mega Evolutions.

Also looking at the map of the Paldea region it is pretty likely that one of the DLC is going to introduce Southern Kalos(or whatever they will want to call it) as it’s in a very similar situation that the Crown Thundra in relation to Galar was in.

Plus if they really felt that they had to bring back Mega Evolution in Southern Kalos then they can just reintroduced through DLC when Southern Kalos is introduced.

Which they could use that and even introduce a few new Mega Evolutions to further entice people to get the DLC.

Of course I’m not saying that I think the DLC will be bringing back Mega Evolution right now. But Mega Evolution is not this taboo that they have to ignore part of a region just because it happened to be connected to a upper part that had Mega Evolution.

BCVM22

Here is how I think all of Paldea's disparate elements tie together. I freely admit that a lot of this is based on vague notions from the various cryptic leakers, who are under no obligation to give us accurate information, and if any of what they told us was false, then this falls apart to varying degrees.

The Pokédex entries for all of the past Paradox Pokémon say they resemble descriptions from the journal but have never/seldom been seen. Likewise, the entries for the future Paradox Pokémon say they all resemble descriptions from a sci-fi magazine. Both DLC Paradoxes are shown to us and described similarly, to the tune of "this is what one researcher THINKS it could look like." One of the so-called leakers described the Paradoxes as "imagination." The Pokédex entries for two of the Beasts of Ruin (Ting-Lu, the deer, and Wo-Chien, the snail) mention that they are fear and grudge, respectively, that clad themselves in earth to become Pokémon themselves.

The Paradoxes are found in "Area Zero", the clouded-over crater in the middle of the region.The ostensible crystalline third Legendary is shown to us in a journal drawing as well, with a garbled written account that mentions it was encountered in "a crater" (presumably Area Zero).

I think the crystal third Legendary is hiding, buried, at the bottom of Area Zero, and that it gives the entire Paldea region the power to manifest imagination and dreams. The Paradox Pokémon are manifested from the journal/magazine, and they're found closest to where the Legendary is buried. The Beasts of Ruin are manifestations of negative deeds and emotions. And the Tera phenomenon, activated by shards of the crystalline Legendary, allow Pokémon and their trainers to manifest the power boost, the different headpieces, even a type change.

I think the eventual DLC will focus on all of this and tying it together to whatever extent they want the story to wrap up neatly.

Rune Knight

Here is how I think all of Paldea's disparate elements tie together. I freely admit that a lot of this is based on vague notions from the various cryptic leakers, who are under no obligation to give us accurate information, and if any of what they told us was false, then this falls apart to varying degrees.

The Pokédex entries for all of the past Paradox Pokémon say they resemble descriptions from the journal but have never/seldom been seen. Likewise, the entries for the future Paradox Pokémon say they all resemble descriptions from a sci-fi magazine. Both DLC Paradoxes are shown to us and described similarly, to the tune of "this is what one researcher THINKS it could look like." One of the so-called leakers described the Paradoxes as "imagination." The Pokédex entries for two of the Beasts of Ruin (Ting-Lu, the deer, and Wo-Chien, the snail) mention that they are fear and grudge, respectively, that clad themselves in earth to become Pokémon themselves.

The Paradoxes are found in "Area Zero", the clouded-over crater in the middle of the region.The ostensible crystalline third Legendary is shown to us in a journal drawing as well, with a garbled written account that mentions it was encountered in "a crater" (presumably Area Zero).

I think the crystal third Legendary is hiding, buried, at the bottom of Area Zero, and that it gives the entire Paldea region the power to manifest imagination and dreams. The Paradox Pokémon are manifested from the journal/magazine, and they're found closest to where the Legendary is buried. The Beasts of Ruin are manifestations of negative deeds and emotions. And the Tera phenomenon, activated by shards of the crystalline Legendary, allow Pokémon and their trainers to manifest the power boost, the different headpieces, even a type change.

I think the eventual DLC will focus on all of this and tying it together to whatever extent they want the story to wrap up neatly.

I like this perspective because it carries a lot of emphasis towards world building and lore.

So, I'm aware that you didn't state it directly, but considering this possibility, would that also indicate that the paradox pokémon aren't real?

Since I'm presuming that they are indicative to Gen IX and likely won't be or have major roles in future games, the idea that they'll may eventually vanish due to being products of imagination would explain it from a story-perspective.

A lesser tragic ending could be that they are actually enhanced versions of the their present day counterparts and are simply being powered-up by the powers of the third-legendary. Like once the third legendary gets dealt with, they'll just revert back to their original forms instead of disappearing.

Kingudora

My favourite
You know whats weird?

All Tauroses-Raging Bull
Farigiraf-Twin Beam
Dundunsparce-Hyper Drill
Annihlape-Rage Fist
Kingambit-Kowtow Cleave

Clodsire?

Nothing
A Poison or Ground-type that deals fixed damage like Super Fang or Seismic Toss would have been sweet as a signature move for Clodsire.

Alternatively, a signature move that is a slightly better version of Poison Fang (either a bit more power or a higher effect chance rate) would also have been nice.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi

I'm a HUGE fan of this concept. It's so much more interesting than generic time travel explanation.

ValorSuga

123 I say Quaxly final evolution’s design is gonna be ugly and bland as hell! I predicted last time that Scorbunny was the worst gen 8 starter and look what happened! Without a doubt, Quaxly is easily the worst gen 9 starter and I don’t need any wait for any leaks to be right!
Welp! I told you that he’s the worst starter! Looks like I was right again! And yet I’m the one getting hate for “telling the truth”

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Since I'm presuming that they are indicative to Gen IX and likely won't be or have major roles in future games, the idea that they'll may eventually vanish due to being products of imagination would explain it from a story-perspective.
Seems unlikely. There are a number of pokemon with supernatural/magical origins, and basically once they attain a body of flesh and blood (or something equivalent) they are just as much pokemon as the more mundane ones, and just as enduring. There is a recurring theme in mythology of things "growing" their own mind and soul from the thoughts/emotions of others, and the Paradox Pokemon are likely examples of this.
Welp! I told you that he’s the worst starter! Looks like I was right again! And yet I’m the one getting hate for “telling the truth”
I wouldn't say that, outside of 4chan (where you can find tons of hate toward most anything) I've seen what seems to be a generally more positive reaction to Quaquaval's design compared to Cinderace (with people generally only mocking some of its animations).

Julia Artemis

Just from a design standpoint I'm ranking the starters Meowscarda, Skeledirge than Quaquaval.

Unsure how each three will be when they get their hidden ability and actually play with them but guessing Quaquaval, Meowscarda and Skeledirge. Quaq spamming Aqua Step with Moxie is going to be really annoying and while Protean was nerfed I think changing Meows typing to Fairy will be really good and get rid of it's biggest weakness. Meanwhile Skele has great bulk so it might be able to take hits and having Slackoff is great but it's still pretty slow and it has loads of weaknesses, could be great in singles but no so much in doubles.

Acer11

If I were to use Bombirdier on my team, I would get one with the Rocky Payload ability and a Rock Tera Type.

BCVM22

So, I'm aware that you didn't state it directly, but considering this possibility, would that also indicate that the paradox pokémon aren't real?
“Real” is subjective, I suppose. I’m not sure they previously existed as “real” Pokémon, but if some version of my guess is close to the truth, they “manifested” and now they exist like any “real” Pokémon.

Though that does provide a very easy out as to why we would never see them roaming natively around any future regions.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Seems Khu is confirming the DLC, posted 3 hearts, a red one, purple one and a orange one.

Scarlet, Violet and Orange? But since Scarlet is already orange themed, perhaps some other shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.