• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
After looking through the list of new Pokémon, one thing really stood out to me: what is up with the numbering in this generation? Why are a bunch of “normal” Pokémon after the paradox pokemon/legendaries? Why is the pseudo-legendary in the middle of the Dex? Gimmighoul should have been #999.
Ever since USUM, every new game (even if not the first in the generation) and expansion adds new entries to the dex. They probably realized it doesn't really matter anymore if the dex ends adequately in the base game if the DLC and a third game will just mess it in the end anyways.

Copley Hill Gym

Baxcalibur is brilliant. Based on the Spinosaurus and looks like something of the Spinosaurus or Dimetrodon. It has bulk, it has a nice, simple, Gen 2-esque design. What's not to like? Ability amazing, stats spread good, good moveset...

...honestly, this pseudo is great.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'll have to wait and see. 18th is still 6 hours in my country and i'm not going for digital version. I also don't get paid until the weekend.
Waiting is so slow.

falconlord

Yeah, I'm really regretting getting it for Christmas.

Watching idiot YouTubers botch the game is killing me inside.

At least for those of us who have to wait, we'll get most of the patches.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The Paldean mon are probably the group with the most experimental designs. Because of that, my first reaction to them was negative, but in 1 or 2 days most of them had already grow on me to the point my general impression of the dex is very positive.

The box legendaries are an absolute hit, the sub legendary quartet looks amazingly unique, both groups of Paradox pokémon are great, and there's so much of the regular monsters that I like. The dex has some of the most badasses serious designs in the franchise but also a lot of silly stuff (which is always important since there's nothing as boring as something/someone that takes itself too seriously).
Unfortunately the starters never grew on me. I don't actively dislike any of the lines, but I don't particularly like any of them either.
Since I barely saw any videos of Skeledirge in motion, I think there's still a chance this one might grow on me, but overall it is the only starter trio, alongside Kalos, that I don't feel excited about any of them.

Kaddy2009

I remember playing Let's Go Eevee and there was a lag where you used Cut to get to Lavender Town via the Rock Tunnel, but that was only part of the game that lagged: the rest of the game was fine.

Xanhawk

ngl this looks pretty bad, even after the day one patch

seems to be running like a badly emulated N64 game (I justo hope visual glitches like this aren't frequent)
Oddly enough, I've watched five other people randomly and none have had any FPS issues like this.

So far the only "big" issue I've seen was draw distance rendering (character appearing out of render distance and suddenly gaining proper rendering when they get close enough) and Shiny Pokemon spawning OOB.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
There has to be something going on in the underlying code for it to be that bad. I never saw anything like that with Legends or with Sword and Shield. Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed - could these issues and the apparent difference in some players’ experience indicated something like a memory leak bug?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There has to be something going on in the underlying code for it to be that bad. I never saw anything like that with Legends or with Sword and Shield. Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed - could these issues and the apparent difference in some players’ experience indicated something like a memory leak bug?
I have no idea, but everyone playing, including reviewers, all say that the performance is terrible.
I wonder if GF will address this issue and upload some fix patch (and if so, when.. ), or they will do nothing and leave the games in their current state..

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
I keep refreshing the Serebii main page, I want to know where to find the Pokemon! Though, I might be resetting for a female Fuecoco until I have to get to bed.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Yeah, I'm really regretting getting it for Christmas.

Watching idiot YouTubers botch the game is killing me inside.

At least for those of us who have to wait, we'll get most of the patches.
I hate more that every time that the reviewers are point out flaws they still only use game trailers and the gameplay footage trailer clips. It doesn]y give players a real impression of the first hour.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Best Buy just sent me a notice that my double pack should be shipping soon, and I see the pending charge on my card. The website says it should ship today.

My kids should be happy this weekend.

Thankfully I got the digital copy of Violet for my Switch Lite that I can start playing at midnight. Which is nice because I’m traveling for work this week and won’t be home until late tonight tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently I got my days confused. It’s almost 5PM, and I need a lot more caffeine

Last edited:

Copley Hill Gym

Just seen a friend boot up his over a video call and there’s been only a few - seriously minor - lagging issues, mostly if the trainer starts a battle in an awkward area where the camera isn’t quite lined up for an attack.

The thing I am questioning most, seeing the game run, is the draw distance for things like the NPCs.

BOTW arguably has more going on at any given time but S/V on my friends switch lite looked like it was struggling with that much more.

I can’t shake the feeling that those of us with first gen switches are going to be more than a bit frustrated with how it looks on, for example, a 4K TV.

I’m still looking forward to getting it tomorrow but I am a mite worried.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Status
Not open for further replies.