• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The specific example was Lana who is not an e4 member and again even specifically talking e4, SM designs were no more revealing of their type than other games. The point you make about SM isn't really about character design but I personally loved how SM handled the creation of the league, it was a refreshing take on a concept that was growing stale. That said, Galar got rid of the e4 altogether for gym leader rematches so by that definition it should be worse.

In terms of the design, I get the element of surprise but at the same time I find the Paldea e4 more generic in terms of their designs. Previous e4 members and even the Paldean gym leaders give you a lot more character and ultimately are the stronger type association makes them more memorable. That said, I haven't fought the e4 yet and am mostly going by what I've seen of them online. I've only met two of them in game and they haven't left a strong impression so far.
With Larry he is supposed to be generic! He is the most normal and relatable person ever. When you are calling Larry generic you are complimenting him!

LordSerperior

With Larry he is supposed to be generic! He is the most normal and relatable person ever. When you are calling Larry generic you are complimenting him!
I didn't say otherwise? I think all of the gym leaders, including Larry, have solid designs that capture their personalities. I'm not too happy with him doubling as the flying type e4 member though. Again, I haven't met him in game yet so that is obviously subject to change.

Autobot N

I didn't say otherwise? I think all of the gym leaders, including Larry, have solid designs that capture their personalities. I'm not too happy with him doubling as the flying type e4 member though. Again, I haven't met him in game yet so that is obviously subject to change.
He basically says "yeah my boss told me to come in and also said I had to use a new type so I guess I'll try out Flying types"

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Autobot N

Ok, I'm not sold on this yet, but if Centro's leak means that ALL pokemon will be available through Home connectivity & the DLC, this is amazing!!
The leak is probably real but that doesn't necessarily mean all the Pokemon are going to be in SV. It's probably just future proofing since these sprites are no doubt going to be used in future games

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I doubt any future Pokemon mainline game will have all the Pokemon.
I could see the next Pokemon game (Pokemon Legends: Kyurem for example) to also use some of the sprites if need be.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I doubt any future Pokemon mainline game will have all the Pokemon.
I could see the next Pokemon game (Pokemon Legends: Kyurem for example) to also use some of the sprites if need be.
I would bet that any Legends sequels would have the same headshot sprites for them like PLA.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Ok, I'm not sold on this yet, but if Centro's leak means that ALL pokemon will be available through Home connectivity & the DLC, this is amazing!!
I've seen that, and I think it's going to be used for HOME. There may be a major remodeling with how it looks and how it functions. As it stands, it's pretty bare-bones on the Switch (though the mobile version has more features). It didn't really need to be anything more, but it would be interesting if they, say, used those sprites in the boxes from here on out.

Copley Hill Gym

Pokémon Home is the biggest beneficiary of the gen 9 development. Clearly. Massive upgrades to its visual cues probably indicate other things afoot.

It won’t mean much for scarlet and violet - the DLCs that may come will affect what Pokémon are available - but it will definitely improve the experience which some rely on for their living pokedexes/etc

I have my doubts now about anymore “legends” games appearing. Most of my worries about S/V were lifted by how good the experience is there. Legends Arceus was an excellent start for the open world experience and there’s still some things I’d like to see brought across to the main games, but it’s not been the game changer we thought it would be. Scarlet and Violet have been though. Paldea itself has been brilliant.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I have my doubts now about anymore “legends” games appearing. Most of my worries about S/V were lifted by how good the experience is there. Legends Arceus was an excellent start for the open world experience and there’s still some things I’d like to see brought across to the main games, but it’s not been the game changer we thought it would be. Scarlet and Violet have been though. Paldea itself has been brilliant
I’m sure we’ll get another game like Legends at some point, but I don’t think we’ll get another Legends game specifically.

There’s a YouTuber called Tahk0 who explained how legends is actually a Remake of Diamond & Pearl (whereas BDSP is a Diamond & Pearl remake) since it follows a lot of the story beats of the Gen 4 games and has a lot the elements we got from past remakes like updated gameplay & character redesigns. He also mentions that Game Freak doesn’t like doing faithful remakes and doesn’t try doing the same thing twice (despite not being what the fans expect and leading to a lot of controversy), which you can see since all of their remakes & third versions always try to do something different from the original games.

While we may get future games or remakes that are the same quality as Legends, I don’t think we’ll explicitly get another Legends game based on another region since it was meant for Gen 4 specifically since it tied into the myths, legends, & lore of Sinnoh. For example, we may get something like Black & White 3 for Gen 5 Remakes, which like Legends mainly acts as a sequel but still follows a lot of the same story beats of the original BW

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If we get any more Legends games, I think that they will be about Unova and Kalos in the past. With Unova, I imagine it would take place when the Desert Resort Castle isn’t completely buried in the sand and the Abyssal Ruins aren’t submerged quite yet. Kalos would be set around either during the Great War or a bit after the Ultimate Weapon was fired and we learn more about AZ’s past after his Floette left him and he started to wander the world looking for it. Legends Kalos would be a perfect time to finally give us the Eternal Flower Floette which still needs to be released to players as too much time obviously went into creating it and not giving it to players is just a waste of time and resources for the designer. I mean it does have its own unique look, moveset, attacking animation, an Ability, and its very own signature move.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If we get any more Legends games, I think that they will be about Unova and Kalos in the past. With Unova, I imagine it would take place when the Desert Resort Castle isn’t completely buried in the sand and the Abyssal Ruins aren’t submerged quite yet. Kalos would be set around either during the Great War or a bit after the Ultimate Weapon was fired and we learn more about AZ’s past after his Floette left him and he started to wander the world looking for it. Legends Kalos would be a perfect time to finally give us the Eternal Flower Floette which still needs to be released to players as too much time obviously went into creating it and not giving it to players is just a waste of time and resources for the designer. I mean it does have its own unique look, moveset, attacking animation, an Ability, and its very own signature move.
See I think Gen V would be the best especially Pokemon wise.

With PLA, we caught a mix of gens 1-4 Pokemon and quite a lot of them too in regards to dex challenge completion.

I think many players would be not as interested if they had to catch the same kinds of Pokemon all over again. Than add that gens 6-9 are still pretty large in terms of regional dexes and also are comprised of Pokemon from gen 4's regional dex.

Then you have gen V, 150+ entirely different Pokemon right off the get go that would add more new than repetition the game. With previous gen Pokemon not found in PLA padding out the dex and on top of that new regional forms and evolutions.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Counterpoint: Original Dragon Kyurem
Of course, we can have both! Dialga and Palkia have major roles in Legends: Arceus, after all. (Which would mean it would take however long it is to reach that point in the future for Kyurem to be complete again.)

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I still like the idea of a Let's Go Umbreon and Let's Go Espeon to tie into a remake of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness. After we got the return of Snap, Mystery Dungeon, and the impending return of Stadium, I have a mighty need to revisit the Orre region!

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Pokémon Home is the biggest beneficiary of the gen 9 development. Clearly. Massive upgrades to its visual cues probably indicate other things afoot.

It won’t mean much for scarlet and violet - the DLCs that may come will affect what Pokémon are available - but it will definitely improve the experience which some rely on for their living pokedexes/etc

I have my doubts now about anymore “legends” games appearing. Most of my worries about S/V were lifted by how good the experience is there. Legends Arceus was an excellent start for the open world experience and there’s still some things I’d like to see brought across to the main games, but it’s not been the game changer we thought it would be. Scarlet and Violet have been though. Paldea itself has been brilliant.
Idk I feel as though the legends games will be the way they do remakes now going forward.i hope so anyway.its a good way to bring back old religions and add something new

Status
Not open for further replies.