• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not really expecting Terastal forms. Unless they write some special reason why they're not in the base game no Pokemon in the base game can get them.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
*no mention of Paradox Raikou*

I don’t care, hope it’s fak-

*second DLC means new chances of Caterpie and Wimpod being added*

On second thought, why be so harsh on this guy?

ShadowForce720

I'm not really expecting Terastal forms. Unless they write some special reason why they're not in the base game no Pokemon in the base game can get them.
Didn’t stop them from giving Pokémon that were already in X&Y, Sun&Moon, Sword&Shield new Mega Evolutions, signature Z-moves, and Gigantamax forms in Pokémon Omega Ruby&Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon UltraSun&UltraMoon, Isle of Armor& Crown Thundra respectively.

So they can easily just have Pokémon hold or use a special item that allows them to transform into their special Terastal forms when you Terastalize them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Didn’t stop them from giving Pokémon that were already in X&Y, Sun&Moon, Sword&Shield new Mega Evolutions, signature Z-moves, and Gigantamax forms in Pokémon Omega Ruby&Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon UltraSun&UltraMoon, Isle of Armor& Crown Thundra respectively.

So they can easily just have Pokémon hold or use a special item that allows them to transform into their special Terastal forms when you Terastalize them.
ORAS and USUM were fully separate games and not DLC for XY and SM respectively, while the IOA only added seven new G-Max forms, four of them were for Pokemon that were not accessible in Sword and Shield's base game and for the three that were (the starters), they did come up with a reason why they weren't there in base Sword and Shield with the Max Soup, which is the only way to get the G-Max forms for the Galar starters.

BCVM22

What would Centro do without people from Reddit (or whatever platform he’s screencapping, I don’t care) leading him around by the nose for fun?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have to show a bit of skepticism to any "someone who got previous information correct" rumors.

I've seen so many become wrong in the Smash discourse.
You would see so many say something like "person who peviously predicted Terry and Byleth right says Crash will be the next DLC fighter".

I wouldn't trust this rumor right now at the very least.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Is the graphics/performance patch only for this hypothetical new Switch or will it be for the base one too? Would be a bad move to keep the enhanced version on the new console while people who got it earlier are stuck with the not enhanced version

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Is the graphics/performance patch only for this hypothetical new Switch or will it be for the base one too? Would be a bad move to keep the enhanced version on the new console while people who got it earlier are stuck with the not enhanced version
I mean, that kind of happened with BotW on the Wii U and Switch when it first came out.

Its the new console compromise, here's a version you can play on the console you already have, but here's a better version with cooler stuff to entice you to buy the new console.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I mean, that kind of happened with BotW on the Wii U and Switch when it first came out.

Its the new console compromise, here's a version you can play on the console you already have, but here's a better version with cooler stuff to entice you to buy the new console.
I don't recall NS version of BotW being much different than the Wii U version.
The Switch was the newer console with a projected higher install base.
Sure, there may be a performance buff between Wii U and NS, but I think the content was about the same.

Anyway, I don't want to really put stock into this rumor, at least for right now.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Can we really be sure that's from the same poster? The English quality is way better in the second one to the point where I don't completely buy it
We can't, reportedly it's not hard to hack that code and as you said, there's a clear difference in how the posters write between the two posts. It's also happened before with other leaks such as the aforementioned Smash leaks, as well as even Pokemon itself as IIRC the Affleck leaker had a copycat who tried to do the same thing.

In the end, like with all leaks take this one with a grain of salt. There's no reason to believe it over anything else we see off of that site and until more information comes out we can't assume it's the same person who wrote it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Well apparently there's a second DLC planned for 2024. Not the second part of the first DLC but a completely new one.

In that case it all makes sense now why the Teal Mask and Indigo Disk are both titled "The treasure of Area Zero" because these are considered one DLC splitted up into two parts and there being a second DLC in 2024 that is probably named "Hexagon" (Kalos theorists are revived) like mentioned in the 4chan post.

Thats another wild guess for me: Leaker mentioned a new Switch model that is apparently not a revision but the actual successor to the Switch. Leaker mentioned a graphical improvement for SV so I think when the new console arrives, they'll bundle SV with DLC 1+2 and call it Scarlet&Violet Deluxe for the launch of the console.
Nah. Part 2 is dated 2024 despite being announced as Winter 2023. Indigo Disk IS "DLC2".

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Winter 2023 typically means from the December of 2023 to February and January of 2024

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It kind of feels hypocritical though since everyone's been saying that Pokémon needs to take their time & not rush with finishing their games but at the same time they feel impatient with the DLC & Home connectivity and want them out ASAP

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That list of mons rumored to be returning feels too good to be true. Both of my favorites are in that list along with most starters.

Yeah, if true, then all my favorites are in the game.

Sucks for the unova starters but the ones I wanted the most and the ones who aren't in the base game Litten line and Hoenn gang + Jangmo-o and Beldum lines do show up in the list so that covers all the pokémon I like.

Might be paying for a Home subscription this time.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Khu responed about the Pokemon Day Presents leaker and seems to confirm the leak is legit. Meaning tera type forms are happening, maybe even Switch 2 release next year.

Centro has reported (which source I am unsure of) that there will be a "Decent" amount of tera forms and that the Pokemon that can achieve them will need certain tera typings.

Red and Blue

What would a Tera form even look like? Maybe it will be like Gigantamax that changes a Pokemon's appearance and gives it a signature move.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
So does that mean that there might be more DLC after Indigo Disk coming or is DLC2 just Indigo Disk and people misinterpreted it? Hoping for the latter, honestly

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.