• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
That's half a box worth of Pokemon stuck in my Pokemon Moon file. I wonder what the creators of the franchise have in store for these Pokemon. They can't remain locked in Home, Go and older games forever.
And I got three shiny Alolan Geodudes in a trade on Home after a community day in PoGo and can't evolve them because the Isle of Armor left the Geodude and Grimer lines off the dex. It's like when I tried to collect the Mega Evolutions in the TCG and there's like half a dozen that never got made into cards. Just an incomplete set...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I guess we should add Alolan Rattata into the discussion of non-transferable Pokemon on Switch.

Yes, they were in Let's Go, and yes, there is a Go to LGPE connection, but you can't transfer any A. Rattata from Gen 7 or from Pokemon Home.

I should mention that all these Pokemon will be transferable in the future. It may be after the Switch, but I think we'll get at least one more Pokemon game on the Switch even if a system was announced for next year (see when USUM was released).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I guess we should add Alolan Rattata into the discussion of non-transferable Pokemon on Switch.

Yes, they were in Let's Go, and yes, there is a Go to LGPE connection, but you can't transfer any A. Rattata from Gen 7 or from Pokemon Home.

I should mention that all these Pokemon will be transferable in the future. It may be after the Switch, but I think we'll get at least one more Pokemon game on the Switch even if a system was announced for next year (see when USUM was released).
And it looks like that they might turn out to be Black and White remakes.

Vindicated30.6

And it looks like that they might turn out to be Black and White remakes.
Or Black 3 and White 3, considering the previous trend

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Or Black 3 and White 3, considering the previous trend
Honestly be the easiest in terms of plot.

Either BW gets remakes and BW2 doesn't or BW2 gets a remake and BW doesn't and newbies don't quite get the backstory for BW2.

Meanwhile BW3 could just have new protags, plot elements and a another version of Team Plasma to focus on. Maybe now they just want to get rid of Pokemon completely.

Vindicated30.6

Heh, a HG/SS sequel with both Johto and Kanto, two separate leagues, plus ANOTHER league to beat in the northern border once you beat both leagues.
Well, S/V had three different sets of badges, so why not?

LordSerperior

Heh, a HG/SS sequel with both Johto and Kanto, two separate leagues, plus ANOTHER league to beat in the northern border once you beat both leagues.
I want them to expand Johto, add new areas, add new things to do within the region and hopefully even add new Pokemon/Johtonian forms but I don't want Kanto in there. I want the region, its Pokemon and characters to come out of Kanto's shadow that has loomed over it thus far. I don't even want Red, Professor Oak or Team Rocket to be a presence beyond mentions by NPCs. I want a fully independent Johto game.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I want them to expand Johto, add new areas, add new things to do within the region and hopefully even add new Pokemon/Johtonian forms but I don't want Kanto in there. I want the region, its Pokemon and characters to come out of Kanto's shadow that has loomed over it thus far. I don't even want Red, Professor Oak or Team Rocket to be a presence beyond mentions by NPCs. I want a fully independent Johto game.
I think that they might do that if they decide to go the Legends route, such as having the destruction of the Brass Tower and the birth of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune to be part of the main storyline.

Vindicated30.6

Because Johto hasn't been touched since HGSS, there's several things modern players enjoy that Johto has never seen, like 1) Fairy types, 2) the Shiny Charm and 3) Exp. Share covering the entire party. If they decide to leave Kanto in, the Exp. Share should still be unavailable until late in the Johto section, so players won't be as ridiculously overleveled when they get to Kanto. And I still say the box characters should be Umbreon and Espeon, to tie into a Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness remaster/remake.

Vindicated30.6

Enough with Johto
Kalisz is the only region that only got one pair of games!!!!!
I still want more Kalos as well. But it's not their turn yet. We can't skip Unova to get to Kalos. Unless they completely break the mold of the remake sequence. I like the speculation that Paldea is neighbors with Kalos, as their inspirations Spain/Portugal and France are IRL.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I still want more Kalos as well. But it's not their turn yet. We can't skip Unova to get to Kalos. Unless they completely break the mold of the remake sequence. I like the speculation that Paldea is neighbors with Kalos, as their inspirations Spain/Portugal and France are IRL.
I don't think that they are connected, because if they are SV would have included Mega Evolution in it.

Vindicated30.6

I don't think that they are connected, because if they are SV would have included Mega Evolution in it.
Unless they go the "alternate universe" route that ORAS did, to retcon how GBA Hoenn originally didn't have Mega Evolution but the 3DS version did.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Kalos remake/new version will be the return of Mega Evolution. That will obviously be the main selling point of those games and it’s still too early for that.

They need to leave us without the Mega for a good while so their return will make the new Kalos game a sure buy to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.