• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Kalos is in need of a remake more than Gen 5 honestly

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Honestly be the easiest in terms of plot.

Either BW gets remakes and BW2 doesn't or BW2 gets a remake and BW doesn't and newbies don't quite get the backstory for BW2.

Meanwhile BW3 could just have new protags, plot elements and a another version of Team Plasma to focus on. Maybe now they just want to get rid of Pokemon completely.
Wouldn't a BW3 just have the same issue you mentioned with BW2? If you're going to have new plot elements that follow what happened in both games, including a version of Team Plasma, then new players are going to have the same issue of not getting the backstory. It'd arguably would actually be worse since you'd have two games worth of backstory that new players wouldn't have access to.

If they were going for what would be the easiest in terms of plot, especially for new players, just doing the BW remake would be the route as you can tell that one's story without having to follow up on what comes next. It just wouldn't be the most satisfying way to do it as older players want those events at least acknowledged if not followed up on.

LordSerperior

Johto and Unova are the only regions that haven't been in a 3D game yet so I would prefer if we see that transition before revisiting Kalos or ideally even moving on to the next gen.

I also want them to put the traditional remakes to rest for good. I don't want to see a slightly different version of the same story play out again. They don't have to be direct prequels or sequels that tie into the older games as that will be confusing to newer players but a new Unova game can just be set in Unova after the events of B2W2 and feature some of the same characters but the story doesn't have to be connected to Team Plasma. Legends was a good example of that but you don't necessarily need the distance of a couple hundred years to tell an independent story.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wouldn't a BW3 just have the same issue you mentioned with BW2? If you're going to have new plot elements that follow what happened in both games, including a version of Team Plasma, then new players are going to have the same issue of not getting the backstory. It'd arguably would actually be worse since you'd have two games worth of backstory that new players wouldn't have access to.

If they were going for what would be the easiest in terms of plot, especially for new players, just doing the BW remake would be the route as you can tell that one's story without having to follow up on what comes next. It just wouldn't be the most satisfying way to do it as older players want those events at least acknowledged if not followed up on.
It would be more of a standalone sequel.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Wouldn't a BW3 just have the same issue you mentioned with BW2?
Maybe. Depends on how distant of a prequel/sequel we're talking about here. You can write the story in a way to provide enough backstory to get players engaged.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Johto and Unova are the only regions that haven't been in a 3D game yet so I would prefer if we see that transition before revisiting Kalos or ideally even moving on to the next gen.

I also want them to put the traditional remakes to rest for good. I don't want to see a slightly different version of the same story play out again. They don't have to be direct prequels or sequels that tie into the older games as that will be confusing to newer players but a new Unova game can just be set in Unova after the events of B2W2 and feature some of the same characters but the story doesn't have to be connected to Team Plasma. Legends was a good example of that but you don't necessarily need the distance of a couple hundred years to tell an independent story.
Yeah a bare bones remake like BDSP is not the way to go. Of the generational remakes, FRLG probably stands out most with the addition of the Sevii Islands (with ORAS' Soaring on Lati@s and the Delta Episode probably coming in a very close second.) HGSS had what, the Pokethelon, the addition of Arceus, and the Rock Climb TM? It's been a REALLY long time since I played HGSS. I need something NEW like story content, not just prettier graphics, to sell me a remake of a game I already played years ago.

LordSerperior

Yeah a bare bones remake like BDSP is not the way to go. Of the generational remakes, FRLG probably stands out most with the addition of the Sevii Islands (with ORAS' Soaring on Lati@s and the Delta Episode probably coming in a very close second.) HGSS had what, the Pokethelon, the addition of Arceus, and the Rock Climb TM? It's been a REALLY long time since I played HGSS. I need something NEW like story content, not just prettier graphics, to sell me a remake of a game I already played years ago.
Agreed. With the exception of HGSS and FRLG, I haven't enjoyed any of the remakes. I never played any of the Kanto games prior to LG so they were new to me and with HGSS, I was heavily biased due to nostalgia as Crystal was my first ever. I liked ORAS, I was glad to see the characters get some much needed redesigns but overall for me it stuck too close to the original and I didn't bother with BDSP at all. I would say do away with the term remake altogether and just call it a new adventure in whatever region. It gives something fresh to the older audience and provides a fresh introduction to the newer playerbase.

Luthor

HGSS also had changed/added a few extra things, firstly gym leader rematches & elite 4 rematches with improved teams , a Pokegear that could store all numbers, a slightly improved Pokedex , Physical/Special split was now in effect, it added in features from crystal (e.g Eusine), certain Pokemon were now available in-game including legendary Pokemon that were not in the original game, a number of in-game trades were added, had an in-game GTS, had access to the platinum battle frontier. It wasn't a wildly different game but considering the time I would consider HGSS an improvement.

Kalos remake/new version will be the return of Mega Evolution. That will obviously be the main selling point of those games and it’s still too early for that.

They need to leave us without the Mega for a good while so their return will make the new Kalos game a sure buy to anyone.

If they continue adding in cross-gen evolutions/regional forms in the mean time that would allow them to do a bit more with the Megas stat wise. For example just considering the megas they can now add in a Mega Ahnniliape instead of a Mega Primeape or they could now add megas to regional forms that didn't exist at the time. There's potential when they choose to do the games.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I feel like this thread has veered too much into the "possible remakes" territory. Frankly, I would rather focus on the information we have.

We have a two part DLC with Pokemon returning in each. There is a datamine showing which Pokemon have scrubbed Pokedex entries, with some matching the few returning Pokemon TPC has shown us. The number comes up short from the "over 230 Pokemon" we were promised, so there may be some Pokemon lacking a Pokedex entry, but still coming to the DLC, like how it was with the Hoenn starters in Crown Tundra.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I feel like this thread has veered too much into the "possible remakes" territory. Frankly, I would rather focus on the information we have.

We have a two part DLC with Pokemon returning in each. There is a datamine showing which Pokemon have scrubbed Pokedex entries, with some matching the few returning Pokemon TPC has shown us. The number comes up short from the "over 230 Pokemon" we were promised, so there may be some Pokemon lacking a Pokedex entry, but still coming to the DLC, like how it was with the Hoenn starters in Crown Tundra.
Although the rumors imply that there is a second DLC coming in 2024, but it is unknown if this is a brand new set of DLC altogether or Part 2 of the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero itself.

Luthor

We also have a rumoured potential new forms for a Pokemon that could exist given that they apparently were at some point indicated to be in-game but were removed. Walking Wake and Iron leaves were at some point removed from game but then re-added back so those forms I could see being added in one of the DLC.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We also have a rumoured potential new forms for a Pokemon that could exist given that they apparently were at some point indicated to be in-game but were removed. Walking Wake and Iron leaves were at some point removed from game but then re-added back so those forms I could see being added in one of the DLC.
Those are apparently going to be "Terastal forms" which I believe will be only available for new Pokemon that are added in the DLC.

Luthor

Those are apparently going to be "Terastal forms" which I believe will be only available for new Pokemon that are added in the DLC.
I was thinking more of the supposed new Rotom Form/forms. Which were apparently in-game at some point in development.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Although the rumors imply that there is a second DLC coming in 2024, but it is unknown if this is a brand new set of DLC altogether or Part 2 of the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero itself.
I still think that (if the rumor really is true) there would have had to be a crossed wire. It really wouldn't make since to me why they didn't announced another DLC during the presentation if it is coming early 2024. I think the more likely scenario is that the Indigo Disk is "DLC2" and it was originally slated for early 2024 before being moved ahead of schedule. For that matter, you can see that the placeholder date for Indigo Disk as per Switch eShop was April 30, 2024.

The moral of the story is, don't go expecting things that aren't promised.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
January/February 2024 are still counted as Winter 2023 in the fiscal year

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
January/February 2024 are still counted as Winter 2023 in the fiscal year
Winter is a weird season in general; since, no matter which of the two ways you define "season", Winter begins on the tail end of one year and continues into the next year. I digress though. If Indigo Disk really released in early 2024, then the explanation of what the (supposed) leak said would be even simpler.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
If they are looking for places to inspire Gen ten, a Canada based region would be interesting. Canada has a lot of different climate zones and cultural things. Like Vancouver's film industry (the return of PokeStar Studios? :D), the French culture of Quebec, plus all the nature stuff. I was remembering that tourism film Martin Short did years ago about Canada, the one they show at Epcot at Disney World, and it made me think about how Canada would be an interesting inspiration for a Pokemon region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If they are looking for places to inspire Gen ten, a Canada based region would be interesting. Canada has a lot of different climate zones and cultural things. Like Vancouver's film industry (the return of PokeStar Studios? :D), the French culture of Quebec, plus all the nature stuff. I was remembering that tourism film Martin Short did years ago about Canada, the one they show at Epcot at Disney World, and it made me think about how Canada would be an interesting inspiration for a Pokemon region.
I'm currently thinking that we'll be headed back to East Asia for Gen 10, but not in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.