• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

Australia.

There’s several big nods and hints in S/V.

We’re going to Australia.

I think an Australia based region could be fun. They could bring the feature from PLA where Pokemon attack the player since in Australia everything wants to kill you.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not really into an Australian region. It would just be too similar to the Galar region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The UK and Australia are very geographically different...
Although their cultures are quite similar. Australia's culture is heavily inspired by the British with some elements brought over from the indigenous Aboriginal people who lived there before the Brits arrived and set up their colony. Australia even has the British Union Jack prominently displayed on their flag, one of four countries to do so (the others are New Zealand, Fiji, and Tuvalu).

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Australia.

There’s several big nods and hints in S/V.

We’re going to Australia.
While I hope this is true...I also worry about going to a Pokemon region where everything is trying to kill you.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
While I hope this is true...I also worry about going to a Pokemon region where everything is trying to kill you.
Hisui wasn't enough for you?

Acer11

Australia would be great, hoping next gen is either that or India tbh
If a region based on Australia happens, there should be new Pokemon based on the following species/plants/objects:

Wombat
Mountain Goat (evolves into Ram)
Ram (Normal/Rock)
Platypus
Gum Tree
Opal
Cockatiel
Cockatoo
Kiwi
Emu
Cassowary
Condor
Bandicoot
Poteroo
Kangaroo Mouse
Wallaby (evolves into Kangaroo)
Kangaroo (Fighting)
Lyrebird
Kookaburra
Eucalyptus Koala
Monitor Lizard
Komodo Dragon
Frill-Necked Lizard
Tasmanian Devil
Razorback
Dog (Saluki)
Dingo
Echidna
Pea
Gibbon
Tulip
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Sabertooth Tiger
Marshmallow
Potato (Grass/Ground)
Clownfish
Anemone
Sponge
Numbat
Cloak (Ghost/Dark)
Stingray
Albatross
Termite
Bunyip (Legendary)
Horned Lizard
Garbage Can
Gnome
Rainbow Snake (Legendary)

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
If a region based on Australia happens, there should be new Pokemon based on the following species/plants/objects:

Wombat
Ram (Normal/Rock)
Platypus
Gum Tree
Opal
Cockatiel
Cockatoo
Kiwi
Emu
Cassowary
Condor
Bandicoot
Poteroo
Kangaroo Mouse
Kangaroo (Fighting)
Lyrebird
Kookaburra
Eucalyptus Koala
Monitor Lizard
Komodo Dragon
Frill-Necked Lizard
Tasmanian Devil
Razorback
Dog (Saluki)
Dingo
Echidna
Pea
Gibbon
Tulip
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Sabertooth Tiger
Marshmallow
Potato (Grass/Ground)
Clownfish
Anemone
Sponge
Numbat
Cloak (Ghost/Dark)
Stingray
Albatross
Termite
Bunyip (Legendary)
Horned Lizard
Garbage Can
Gnome
How could you forget the suicide plant?

Copley Hill Gym

What are the nods?

There’s a painting of Uluru in the art room. Part of Sydney is also illustrated by way of a famous street. This is a well known foreshadowing by GF. Or, it could be to put us off the scent of the real gen 10. Either way my money is on Australia.

I'm not really into an Australian region. It would just be too similar to the Galar region.

That’s total rubbish, I’m afraid. Even the culture is vastly different. The links between Britain and Australia have been pretty different for decades.

Geographically Australia could be the most intense Pokemon experience by way of its outback, tropical areas, beaches, cities and more.

If GF can make sure they include appropriate references to colonising and how bad it is, and make sure the Aborigines are represented in the best way, then I’d be all for it. My biggest criticism of Unova (as nods to the United States) was not representing the Native American people in a meaningful way in its development.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
There’s a painting of Uluru in the art room. Part of Sydney is also illustrated by way of a famous street. This is a well known foreshadowing by GF. Or, it could be to put us off the scent of the real gen 10. Either way my money is on Australia.

That’s total rubbish, I’m afraid. Even the culture is vastly different. The links between Britain and Australia have been pretty different for decades.

Geographically Australia could be the most intense Pokemon experience by way of its outback, tropical areas, beaches, cities and more.

If GF can make sure they include appropriate references to colonising and how bad it is, and make sure the Aborigines are represented in the best way, then I’d be all for it. My biggest criticism of Unova (as nods to the United States) was not representing the Native American people in a meaningful way in its development.
They barely acknowledged the colonization of the Ainu in PLA so I wouldn't count on the last part

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!

Wombat
Ram (Normal/Rock)
Platypus
Gum Tree
Opal
Cockatiel
Cockatoo
Kiwi
Emu
Cassowary
Condor
Bandicoot
Poteroo
Kangaroo Mouse
Kangaroo (Fighting)
Lyrebird
Kookaburra
Eucalyptus Koala
Monitor Lizard
Komodo Dragon
Frill-Necked Lizard
Tasmanian Devil
Razorback
Dog (Saluki)
Dingo
Echidna
Pea
Gibbon
Tulip
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Sabertooth Tiger
Marshmallow
Potato (Grass/Ground)
Clownfish
Anemone
Sponge
Numbat
Cloak (Ghost/Dark)
Stingray
Albatross
Termite
Bunyip (Legendary)
Horned Lizard
Garbage Can
Gnome
Raikou is based on a sabertooth tiger. Either way, a triceratops, stegosaurus and a Ground/Dark regional variant of Raikou would all be amazing.

Isn’t Heliolisk already based on a frill-necked lizard?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Expectations for Poke Australia:

Wombat
Ram (Normal/Rock)
Platypus
Gum Tree
Opal
Cockatiel
Cockatoo
Kiwi
Emu
Cassowary
Condor
Bandicoot
Poteroo
Kangaroo Mouse
Kangaroo (Fighting)
Lyrebird
Kookaburra
Eucalyptus Koala
Monitor Lizard
Komodo Dragon
Frill-Necked Lizard
Tasmanian Devil
Razorback
Dog (Saluki)
Dingo
Echidna
Pea
Gibbon
Tulip
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Sabertooth Tiger
Marshmallow
Potato (Grass/Ground)
Clownfish
Anemone
Sponge
Numbat
Cloak (Ghost/Dark)
Stingray
Albatross
Termite
Bunyip (Legendary)
Horned Lizard
Garbage Can
Gnome

Reality of Poke Australia:
- starters are a ballet dancer hippopotamus, a thief jaguar and a salary-man tanuki
- many yokai
- a bald eagle
- meowth
- a jiu-jítsu fighter
- rhinoceros
- someone here explaining there are rhinos at zoos in Australia, so it fits
- rival calls you “mate” once every 3 hours
- a location looks like Ayers rock
- a platypus if you are lucky

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I'm expecting another East Asian region myself, but one not based on Japan this time.

Acer11

Raikou is based on a sabertooth tiger. Either way, a triceratops, stegosaurus and a Ground/Dark regional variant of Raikou would all be amazing.

Isn’t Heliolisk already based on a frill-necked lizard?
Yeah, I forgot to remove that. I also forgot to add a line with a sturgeon and a marlin (swordfish) with concepts of swords. Here are the idea names for them:

Flamburgeon (Flamberge + Sturgeon) Water/Steel A: Sharpness (evolves into Marlendal)

Marlendal (Marlin + Durendal) Water/Steel A: Sharpness

Acer11

- starters are a ballet dancer hippopotamus, a thief jaguar and a salary-man tanuki
- many yokai
- a bald eagle
- meowth
- a jiu-jítsu fighter
- rhinoceros

1. Don't the starters break the concept of the region they're based in as well as break the concept of starters (Grass=Prehistoric, Fire=Chinese Zodiac, Water=Weapon)

2. We already got a Pokemon based on a bald eagle (which is native to North America, by the way) in Braviary. If there were to be another eagle Pokemon, it would be a Golden Eagle.

3. Yokai would be exclusive to Japan. Maybe some Legendary Pokemon based on the Bunyip and the Rainbow Snake

4. Would that be a regional Meowth?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
1. Don't the starters break the concept of the region they're based in as well as break the concept of starters (Grass=Prehistoric, Fire=Chinese Zodiac, Water=Weapon)

2. We already got a Pokemon based on a bald eagle (which is native to North America, by the way) in Braviary. If there were to be another eagle Pokemon, it would be a Golden Eagle.

3. Yokai would be exclusive to Japan. Maybe some Legendary Pokemon based on the Bunyip and the Rainbow Snake

4. Would that be a regional Meowth?
All of the starter theories are bogus. The one for Grass-types is impossible to debunk because there's an extinct version of every single animal that exists, the one for Fire-types currently has three holes in it (Cyndaquil, Fennekin, and Fuecoco), and the one for Water-types is based on a subjective interpretation of a Pokemon's design. Meanwhile, there have been lots of Pokemon games so far where the Legendaries didn't match up with the region's origin. Hoenn's legendaries are based on various mythologies, with the Regis being based on the golems of Jewish mythology and Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza being based on mythological creatures who are not at all Japanese (the Leviathan and Behemoth from Jewish mythology for the former two and Quetzalcoatl from Central American mythology for the latter), Unova's main legendaries are based on Chinese mythology when the region is based on America, and Kalos's legendaries are based on Norse mythology when the region is based on France.

MidnightHo-Oh

- many yokai
- a bald eagle
- meowth
- a jiu-jítsu fighter
- rhinoceros
Fantasia & Animal Crossing references???

Status
Not open for further replies.