• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Or an endgame surprise like Deoxys in ORAS or Keldeo in the Crown Tundra. I would love to see another surprise of that nature. Maybe Genesect in the futuristic SV DLC?
I’d rather see Volcanion be the surprise Mythical as its Dex entries don’t really explain why it is a Mythical other than it seems to live in mountains that humans can’t travel through safely. If it’s backstory was explored more, then we would know more about Volcanion.

Pokemon Power

Remakes will at least go up to Gen 7 because porting the DS and 3DS games to newer systems is currently unfeasible due to those games heavily relying on the two screen nature of the DS line of systems and the Switch only has one screen. Plus it's a quick and easy way to appeal to nostalgia and would allow newer players the opportunity to experience the original games (or something close to them) without having to fork over hundreds of dollars on places like eBay for older systems and games.
I wonder if people who say remakes exist mainly to catch older Pokémon remember that the main reason ORAS was created was the fan demand/expectations.
And the fact that it had been a while since the GBA was released. As consoles get older and older they will become more expensive on online retailers like eBay. And this also applies to the old games as well. And as for ports, they can really only go up to Gen 3 right now. Gens 4-7 are not feasible to port to the Switch because of the DS's unique dual screen nature. So, I don't think that NSO will ever add a DS/3DS catalog. I'm only expecting one more system for the Switch to add to the NSO before the Switch's support ends, that being the GameCube.
As I have said, I think the big reason why they are doing these remakes is to implement the Fairy-type, which was introduced in X and Y, into the classic adventures, just like how FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver were made to implement the revamped battle system from Ruby and Sapphire onward into the Kanto and Johto games. That why I believe we'll be getting new versions of the Johto games before we get Unova remakes. After that, I think they're gonna stop for a while, at least until there's another new game-changing feature to implement.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
As I have said, I think the big reason why they are doing these remakes is to implement the Fairy-type, which was introduced in X and Y, into the classic adventures, just like how FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver were made to implement the revamped battle system from Ruby and Sapphire onward into the Kanto and Johto games. That why I believe we'll be getting new versions of the Johto games before we get Unova remakes. After that, I think they're gonna stop for a while, at least until there's another new game-changing feature to implement.
I doubt the Fairy Type is that big of a priority to warrant a remake.

Luthor

Or an endgame surprise like Deoxys in ORAS or Keldeo in the Crown Tundra. I would love to see another surprise of that nature. Maybe Genesect in the futuristic SV DLC?

Well Genesect could be in both given that its technically an ancient pokemon modified by Team Plasma's futuristic technology. You could just focus the scarlet dex entry with information on what it used to be like and the violet entry with more focus on its more mechanical elements.

Captain Jigglypuff

It was definitely warranted for Sinnoh remakes as the addition of Fairy types did help a bit when it came to Cynthia’s Spriritomb. That thing took forever to take down unless you used a level 100 Arceus holding any Plate that made Judgement deal neutral damage.

ShadowForce720

Remakes likely aren’t going anywhere and are likely going to continue to happen, because remakes to allow them to bring back focus to a previous region along with all it’s Pokémon. Heck it will even allow to revisit old mechanics.

So in all honesty there likely going to keep making them as they also provide some easy sales, and also are easier to make since they don’t have to make everything from scratch.

Plus they’ve going to want a game that they can bring out to help hold things over until the next generation and a remake is an easy way to do that.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Remakes likely aren’t going anywhere and are likely going to continue to happen, because remakes to allow them to bring back focus to a previous region along with all it’s Pokémon. Heck it will even allow to revisit old mechanics.
Not only this but remakes are a big thing in the video game world right now. FFX/FFX2 were remade/remastered recently and the Resident Evil series recently remade RE2 and RE4 will be released as a remake this week I believe. This is just to name a few.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wish the rumor and leaks thread was actually about rumor and leaks rather than what remakes are coming next.

Let's see, we have Celebi in VC Crystal, Deoxys in ORAS, Keldeo in Crown Tundra, Mew, Jirachi, and Arceus in BDSP (save files), and Darkrai, Shaymin in Legends Arceus (save files), and the eponymous Arceus in Legends Arceus. We could very well get one in one of the DLC packs. Unpopular opinion, it would be cool if we got some more save bonus Pokemon. The phone cases are alright, but I want something more substantial.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I wish the rumor and leaks thread was actually about rumor and leaks rather than what remakes are coming next.

Let's see, we have Celebi in VC Crystal, Deoxys in ORAS, Keldeo in Crown Tundra, Mew, Jirachi, and Arceus in BDSP (save files), and Darkrai, Shaymin in Legends Arceus (save files), and the eponymous Arceus in Legends Arceus. We could very well get one in one of the DLC packs. Unpopular opinion, it would be cool if we got some more save bonus Pokemon. The phone cases are alright, but I want something more substantial.
Potential remakes are just that, rumors and pure speculation until an official announcement.

Last edited:

Copley Hill Gym

It's not. The main reason for remakes, which is fast disappearing, is Pokedex size in regions restricting what's available.

There’s been some good points about the perceived needs for remakes, one of which is the ease of sales by just repackaging older games.

News in a vacuum. Nothing to report, therefore everything else gets sucked in. We’ve had no leaks for some time, but plenty of rumours.

Personally, the one thing I am pretty amazed at is there is such a lack of any information on any Paradox forms of the rest of the Legendary Dogs or Swords of Justice. This is one area I thought we’d see potential leaks on.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I think only the first three gens truly needed remakes
DP was the first truly modern pokemon game with the physical special split being the single biggest change to the battle system and while it had issues they were mostly rectified in Platinum, of course they could make remakes and stuff but they aren't absolutely necessary compared to the first three gens (although the Hoenn games aged better than most)
Except Kalos, it's not too late to drop those sequels that were found in the code of USUM Gamefreak!

Copley Hill Gym

Ta. Interesting stuff, especially that early model of “Red” in the source code.

It feels like after ORAS was put into development that Kalos was basically sidelined in favour of Alola. Maybe there was an internal development struggle.

Captain Jigglypuff

Ta. Interesting stuff, especially that early model of “Red” in the source code.

It feels like after ORAS was put into development that Kalos was basically sidelined in favour of Alola. Maybe there was an internal development struggle.
Actually I think the 20th Anniversary and SM killed any XY sequels not ORAS. We’ve gotten another game right after FRLG and HGSS which closed their respective generations. SM feels like they were rushed out a year or two earlier than they should have given how incomplete some parts of the games were and USUM were created to implement what was originally cut from the first two games.

BCVM22

This is believable, and I've assumed it was the case for years, but we as a society should not be in the habit of putting value on information that originates on 4chan, gets filtered through a Twitter user, and then gets picked up by one of the worst clickbait websites in the world. It's just bad practice. It's an ouroboros of [redacted].

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Lewtwo's pretty good about this stuff generally

BCVM22

That's immaterial to me. And it does continue to raise the very fair question of how relevant discussion of hypothetical future games (or canceled past games) is to a thread that is ostensibly for discussing unconfirmed/questionable information pertaining to Scarlet and Violet.

Copley Hill Gym

Thread drift happens. I was sort of a cause for that, my apologies.

There’s been a rumour doing the rounds of a “wishing well” pay to pay aspect of the two upcoming DLCs. That would be a hell of a way to put me off Pokemon for good, the Pokemon Go pay to play stuff has always sat uncomfortably with me.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
That sounds fake as hell because paid gacha stuff always stayed in the phone games (even Switch games with gacha elements never require real money)

Where did you even find that rumor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.