• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Sounds like your standard fear mongering. We've had a save data glitch which I'm now believing was either a case of bad memory cards or a fabrication, and the NFT scare which people saw the words and started getting hysterical. I wouldn't put it past people to either misinterpret something or just make crap up at this point.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Sounds like your standard fear mongering. We've had a save data glitch which I'm now believing was either a case of bad memory cards or a fabrication, and the NFT scare which people saw the words and started getting hysterical. I wouldn't put it past people to either misinterpret something or just make crap up at this point.
Wasn't the NFT thing for like a business thing (need someone with knowledge on it in case they ever get asked about it) and not a programming thing?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wasn't the NFT thing for like a business thing (need someone with knowledge on it in case they ever get asked about it) and not a programming thing?
I believe so. It might have been that someone needed knowledge about them in order to talk about the subject in investor meetings for instance.

I should say this wasn't specified, but it's one of the areas you would need knowledge of them without making them.

(Sorry for multiple edits.)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Thread drift happens. I was sort of a cause for that, my apologies.

There’s been a rumour doing the rounds of a “wishing well” pay to pay aspect of the two upcoming DLCs. That would be a hell of a way to put me off Pokemon for good, the Pokemon Go pay to play stuff has always sat uncomfortably with me.
That sounds fake as hell because paid gacha stuff always stayed in the phone games (even Switch games with gacha elements never require real money)

Where did you even find that rumor?
Ya that's just a fake 4chan rumour.

It also states that you're limited to one of the 3 new legendary Pokemon depending on what starter you picked.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ya that's just a fake 4chan rumour.

It also states that you're limited to one of the 3 new legendary Pokemon depending on what starter you picked.
I think it’s a fake as well. The programmers of the main series games seem to not be too interested in having the games do very much if they connect to Go at all and seem to limit the things that are exclusively found and caught there that can then be transferred to Home and the games themselves. Most of the time the connection to Go is just to get Melmetal and Meltan and not much else.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Rumor/theory one of the YouTubers I follow talked about: the possibility to a pattern of these 7 star Tera Raids, and what might be next. Not counting Pikachu, we've had a starter from Kanto, Galar, Kalos, and now Alola. What starter do you think would be best out of the remaining generations to put in a 7 star Tera Raid? I'm guessing the original forms of the other two PLA starters, but that leaves Hoenn and Sinnoh. Hoping for Blaziken and Empoleon, but that would be four fire types, three water types and only one grass type.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Rumor/theory one of the YouTubers I follow talked about: the possibility to a pattern of these 7 star Tera Raids, and what might be next. Not counting Pikachu, we've had a starter from Kanto, Galar, Kalos, and now Alola. What starter do you think would be best out of the remaining generations to put in a 7 star Tera Raid? I'm guessing the original forms of the other two PLA starters, but that leaves Hoenn and Sinnoh. Hoping for Blaziken and Empoleon, but that would be four fire types, three water types and only one grass type.
tera dragon sceptile?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
tera dragon sceptile?

Not every starter is coded in the game, we can't have pokémon who are not in the game code yet be part of raids (which is the case of Blaziken, Empoleon and Sceptile).
These are the pokémon that are already in the game: https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/transferonly.shtml

If we exclude the starters from trios that already had a representative, we are left with only Typhlosion, Samurott and the Hisui trio.
So my guess for the next 7* starter is Samurott, either OG or Hisui, with Steel Tera (I think Fighting would fit better, but they just used it with Cinderace).

Last edited:

Acer11

Not every starter is coded in the game, we can't have pokémon who are not in the game code yet be part of raids (which is the case of Blaziken, Empoleon and Sceptile).
These are the pokémon that are already in the game: https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/transferonly.shtml

If we exclude the starters from trios that already had a representative, we are left with only Typhlosion, Samurott and the Hisui trio.
So my guess for the next 7* starter is Samurott, either OG or Hisui, with Steel Tera (I think Fighting would fit better, but they just used it with Cinderace).
You forgot Chesnaught, Delphox, Rillaboom, and Inteleon.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Does anyone got any leaks for when we're getting HOME compatibility for Scarlet & Violet?

I am so tired of waiting.
Hopefully soon. This honestly confirms nothing but BDSP was a November release and didn’t receive support until May. It received support on May 17, 2022 after being released on November 19, 2021. Six months we all waited. We are almost to that point. Again, nothing confirmed; nothing implied.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Does anyone got any leaks for when we're getting HOME compatibility for Scarlet & Violet?

I am so tired of waiting.
Now that the 3DS eShop is saying its goodbyes, and Bank is about to become free, I can see Home getting an update relatively soon. Hopefully it will combine the two tasks into one update.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Now that the 3DS eShop is saying its goodbyes, and Bank is about to become free, I can see Home getting an update relatively soon. Hopefully it will combine the two tasks into one update.
I think within three weeks we will get a Home update that will allow connectivity to SV and allow free access to Bank.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Here's to hoping they give a hint of the HOME update. What's the record like for providing HOME support at this point? A year per game?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.