• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copley Hill Gym

I think if we’re having to find technicalities that most of the general public globally wouldn’t recognise to justify the timing, then TPC/C/Ninty are doing something wrong, but hey ho…

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
For things like Home I think it's best to be late than early, just imagine the huge problem that it'd be if people's pokemon got mixed up or erased due to some bug/error/mishappen

They for sure intended to add home connectivity earlier this year but something wasn't going right, so it was delayed, it's not that big of a deal.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
For things like Home I think it's best to be late than early, just imagine the huge problem that it'd be if people's pokemon got mixed up or erased due to some bug/error/mishappen

They for sure intended to add home connectivity earlier this year but something wasn't going right, so it was delayed, it's not that big of a deal.
I agree with this sentiment. I’d rather it be late and working properly than early with bug updates early. I played Violet and want to play Scarlet with an all fire team using some transfer only Pokémon and forms but even if Home dropped tomorrow I wouldn’t start that. Tears of the Kingdom just came out and that’s where all my video game time is going to be for the foreseeable future anyways (I’ll participate in 7-star raids to catch the boss if those come back but that’s about all right now). I understand people being upset on the paradox raid oversight and the backtracking of the Home release date and they are rightfully upset. However, I think taking a step back and accepting what we can’t control might be the best course of action right now.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So guys place a bet which company is the worst: EA, Blizzards and GF/Pokemon company
GF's biggest issue is lack of polish due to always pushing for yearly releases even when it's clear it's not sustainable. That's a far cry from EA literally putting gambling on full priced games or "stolen breast milk" Blizzard

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Don't forget OW2's PvE cancellation which was the big thing they promised so now it's just Overwatch 1.5
This is just a delay and I understand the frustration but when it comes to pokemon nowadays delays are a positive thing
Although if they do cancel home entirely I'd be on the side of angry fans but I doubt that will happen

Bus

It is less about delays and more about how they handled it.
I'm behind on things; how did they handle it? I thought it was just 'Hey, this release date was wrong, sorry about that. Its coming, just not at the originally planned time'

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I'm behind on things; how did they handle it? I thought it was just 'Hey, this release date was wrong, sorry about that. Its coming, just not at the originally planned time'
global Pokemon company took its time for it to upload an apology and they did it in insincere way that basically said "yo! sorry about my mistake. It will come soon bro~ *winks* just make sure to follow me for more info K!"

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If it was just the delay alone it’d be fine. It just felt like the final nail on the coffin since they cancelled all of the Tera raids on the same day due to bugs, and they barely addressed stuff in the past like the base game bugs & the save data corruption. This was basically the last straw on top of several other problems

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
If it was just that alone it’d be fine. It just felt like the final mail on the coffin since they announced that the Tera raids were cancelled the same day due to bugs, and they barely addressed stuff like the base game bugs & the saga data corruption. This was basically the last straw on top of several other problems
And it made them look just so incompetent... specially when its sibling game "Zelda" is having such a fun days with its fans.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Technically, summer starts June 21, at the start of the Solstice.

"Early 2023" can be anywhere between now and the third week of June.

Depends on how you define summer. Summer isn't just defined by how it shows up on your calendar, there's different definitions for summer for different purposes. Usually in business, summer is defined as being from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I'm guessing the gaming industry is probably following this one. As far as what's considered "Early" or not, IIRC they tend to use "Early" and "Late" to mean first half/second half, so that could mean as late as June 30 (although since 2/3 of summer is "Late" generally most people wouldn't consider June part of "Early" but I think technically it still counts).

Ultimately, I think July 1 is when we have to start worrying if we still know nothing.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Depends on how you define summer. Summer isn't just defined by how it shows up on your calendar, there's different definitions for summer for different purposes. Usually in business, summer is defined as being from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I'm guessing the gaming industry is probably following this one. As far as what's considered "Early" or not, IIRC they tend to use "Early" and "Late" to mean first half/second half, so that could mean as late as June 30 (although since 2/3 of summer is "Late" generally most people wouldn't consider June part of "Early" but I think technically it still counts).

Ultimately, I think July 1 is when we have to start worrying if we still know nothing.

I wasn't referring to the calendar, but the Earth's orbit.

Calendars vary by nation and culture, as we all know.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Here is little thought experiment. It has been said Nemona will make her pokemon anime debut in Episode 10...
Which will come first? Pokemon home or Nemona's anime debut?
Currently pokemon horizons had episode 7 last week with 8 coming this week.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wasn't referring to the calendar, but the Earth's orbit.

Calendars vary by nation and culture, as we all know.

Well regardless, even within individual countries and cultures, different industries might have different definitions to suit their needs. What you're describing is called astrological summer (the Summer Solstice to the Fall Equinox), but there's also meteorological summer which is simply June 1 to August 30 which is more suitable for anyone who studies the weather. Businesses, meanwhile, tend to define summer as the period in between Memorial Day and Labor Day (in fact in the beach resort near where I live, many businesses are explicitly only open during that period and the rest surely make the bulk of their yearly income during that period), since that's when people's spending habits and behavior change (i.e. that's when people typically go to the beach, that's when kids are out of school, etc.). If you're talking about "When is summer?" in a gaming context, you would have to base it on what would game developers consider to be summer. And in that case, I think you have to go with the business definition since kids being out of school and families going to the beach, pool, etc. would affect how many people are buying and playing their games. So game developers would probably consider next week to be summer.

Copley Hill Gym

Depends on how you define summer. Summer isn't just defined by how it shows up on your calendar, there's different definitions for summer for different purposes. Usually in business, summer is defined as being from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Usually in the United States. Other (much older) countries and definitions exist too, you know…

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Someone posted a graphic of the home transfer exclusive mons and there's something kinda funny about how the only non legendary/mythical, non starter, non regional form/evo mon that is home exclusive is carbink

Luthor

Someone posted a graphic of the home transfer exclusive mons and there's something kinda funny about how the only non legendary/mythical, non starter, non regional form/evo mon that is home exclusive is carbink

I can only assume it is as its connected to the mythical Diancie and thus it made sense to add as a transfer. Still it is amusing that it's the only one. Suppose in future games they might do similar with Cyclizar if both Koraidon and Miraidon are to be transferred in.

Obviously I would have preferred the Home update to be out by now, but I prefer to get a finished product when it’s ready instead of having the Home update rushed out.
I think the main problem is the lack of communication. I don’t think people would have been that annoyed if they just posted that the update is taking longer than anticipated instead of acting like this is the release window people should have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.