• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumour: Snowpoint, Galactic, Nando & Torkoal's Evolution??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnhippy

Banned
how do you know it's a magazine thats already out

It was posted by someon unkown on a crappy image board called /a/, it's full of wapanese who think they know everything about Japan, well anyway, he said he was at a mall and he saw the mag so he took a photo with his iPhone.

There's a silhouette of Torkoal on that magazine scan, correct me if I'm wrong.

There is, so?

Last edited:

firelovindocker

I don't see how they can just shadow a Pokemon that has been known for years in the Pokemon world and on Ash's team.

maybe they believe all of this and don't have a picture of the new evo so they just put in a toarkoal shadowed to draw people in

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Torkoal..... evolution...?
Maybe it's 5th ge-*shot*

I thinking fake, but I suppose it could be legit.

thunderblade12

Im really hoping this is a lie. The gym, the Team Galactic episodes, Torkoal evolving, everything.

The gyms are being rushed way too much. Going to slow is annoying but so is going to fast. It doesn't leave time for anything to happen. I guess the Froslass episode would be Candice's appearence episode confirming that shes using her Platinum team?

Team Galactic...if Sinnoh is being rushed so much then these two episodes are probably their last episodes. The Great Butler mentioned Hunter J and Team Galactic mentioned needing a pokemon hunter in their last appearence..

Torkoal..well, if its only bought in because theres some sort of temporary problem with Ash's Monferno and it then evolves to showcase Torkoal's new evolution i'll be okay with it. It should be Oaked right afterwards and taken to the 5th gen. land for some reason. Actually, im hoping it was a complete lie or a mistake about Torkoal. Maybe Monferno evolving or something. It seems like a really weak way to evolve Torkoal. "Haha, I convienently bought back Torkoal and it convienently evolved!!!!11111!!!" None of Ash's pokemon should leave atleast until Sinnoh ends, yes, even Buizel. If they wanted to evolve Ash's Torkoal they should have waited for a filler arc, when Ash actually uses his reserves

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
well i can see only two ways why Torkoal to come back. one is maybe Ash is geting a new pokemon soon and they need to oak one of them so then Ash oaks it as a backup. The other one is Ash is starting to use his head and use resvers now. All though it could be one of those ep whers Ash brings back a old pokemon just for hack of it.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
well i can see only two ways why Torkoal to come back. one is maybe Ash is geting a new pokemon soon and they need to oak one of them so then Ash oaks it as a backup. The other one is Ash is starting to use his head and use resvers now. All though it could be one of those ep whers Ash brings back a old pokemon just for hack of it.

this wouldn't be the time to bring back old pknm just for old times, there has to be a reason to have it come back...he won't just up and call it back...and no fighting TG isn't an exscuse to bring him back...he wouldn't go to oak for a nouther pknm for help, he'd use his team that he has to make them stronger...

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
the only reason that i can see Ash bringing Torkoal back is to replace Chimchar.I for one am against Chim's evo cause basically...It just doesn't look like an "Ash" Pokemon to me.Monferno is a great Pokemon and all....But I just can't see Ash using one.Chimchar is ok as it is considering the wins that it has, but Torkoal could be an excellent replacement for the time being....or at least until Ash gets to the League matches.Also Torkoal really didn't shine in any gym matches in Hoenn and it had the potential to be great.Maybe a battle against Candice will show some of its skills....As for the Torkoal evo...I'm assuming that it's just a fake.....Torkoal is too awesome for an evolution

Last edited:

shac

It was posted by someon unkown on a crappy image board called /a/, it's full of wapanese who think they know everything about Japan, well anyway, he said he was at a mall and he saw the mag so he took a photo with his iPhone.

Wow! what a reliable story! Why did we even doubted in its validity in the beginning?

Anyway, even if its all true, I do think they got the 'torkoal' part wrong. Its just too good to be true that they are showing off a 5th gen pokemon by having Ash evolving one from his roster........though admittedly may caught munchlax!!
It might be just a silly mistake they made and put torkoal instead of chimchar.

After thinking about this (Yes, believe it or not, I have the ability to think), and re-reading the scan, I'm wondering who Barry is. Jun's dub name, perhaps? If so, they could've picked something more...for lack of a better term, creative.
That /IS/ Barry, right? Or is it Burmy. I should really clean my glasses more.
Also, why would Nando be helping up there? Just...to show that he's still alive, or what?

Also, the Torkoal thing...I'm...really skeptical about all that. :/ Could it just be some random Pokemon they picked out of a hat like "Okay, this thing needs an evo, so let's give it one!" or something like that?

gahhh, these things really tick me off for some reason. xD

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The scan looked too fake. We don't even know what Jun's English name will be yet. No one is sure if Jun's English name will be Barry or not.
And Torkoal's evolution? Come on, it's not even the 5th generation yet!
I'm fed up with people using this argument for it being fake. 4th gen Pokémon were in the animé before 4th gen.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Hippy you know not everyone on 4chan is a pedofile. And hot damn serebii cant you at least say its fake cause well this came from /a/ hardly believable in my opinion.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Serebii, i wanted to know the when is the fair in january in which they are supposed to reveal the new pokemon. Maybe it might have some info about this one.
Also i have been thinking if Arceus is really going to be revealed in that fair then wouldn't it be a bit early for it to be revealed compared to other event pokemons which are mostly revealed around the time of March (if i remember right Darkrai & Shaymin where also revelaed in March with there silhouette released in Feb). Then there is a possibility that the makers are going to reveal a few more pokemon (mostly 5th gen) before the release of the 12th movie. Also i think that it might be possible that we might get some info about this in the upcoming Coro-Coro mag.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Arceus will be revealed this month. They're not going to reveal it after a 5th gen

Hippy you know not everyone on 4chan is a pedofile. And hot damn serebii cant you at least say its fake cause well this came from /a/ hardly believable in my opinion.
I cant say its fake or not just because it came from somewhere...that's prejudice

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
True true. But im wondering what magazine did he get this from. If only we can get an answer. If he made it like through photoshop damn. Also wait i-phone. AHAHAHA i know the camera is small and all but damn if the indoor pictures suck so badly wow that gave me a good laugh.

^
Or She.
We females know what Photoshop is, too. We can also get things from different sources.
o:
Haha, sorry. Just...had to throw that out there.

but really.
Why are people still denying that a 5th Gen Pokemon can be revealed BEFORE the 5th gen?
o-o
Do we need to pull out the examples again?
xD
Togepi, Snubble, Marill, Donphan, Kecleon, Wailmer, Lati@s, Munchlax, Lucario, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Chatot...the list goes on.

Freezeydakilla

Hardcore Ice Lover!
^
Or She.
We females know what Photoshop is, too. We can also get things from different sources.
o:
Haha, sorry. Just...had to throw that out there.

but really.
Why are people still denying that a 5th Gen Pokemon can be revealed BEFORE the 5th gen?
o-o
Do we need to pull out the examples again?
xD
Togepi, Snubble, Marill, Donphan, Kecleon, Wailmer, Lati@s, Munchlax, Lucario, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Chatot...the list goes on.

I agree with you 100% if its real we will all know by the end of January.

btw i dont see how it can be a translation mixup. torkaols jap name&chimchars jap name are nothing alike! I also wouldnt think theyd be sitting there &confuse a little monkey with a Turtle.

It's a fake, The image is very low quality, Way to go Serebii. I mean, The creators tricked us with their "Notched ear Pichu" I doubt they'll do it again with torkoal, making him less of a cry baby instead of it evolving.

And is it a CoroCoro Scan? if it isn't then it is a FAKE!

It's a fake, The image is very low quality, Way to go Serebii. I mean, The creators tricked us with their "Notched ear Pichu" I doubt they'll do it again with torkoal, making him less of a cry baby instead of it evolving.

And is it a CoroCoro Scan? if it isn't then it is a FAKE!

CoroCoro isn't the only magazine out there that has legit info.
That was, in a sense, an oxymoron.
Haha. Legitimate magazine.

You also have to note that all scanners/cameras aren't perfect. Mine, for one, is a piece of crap. Then again, I'm poor. xD Ahh, its fun. I'm not defending the wonderfully pixelated "scan," but it could, in fact, be legit, just terribly scanned.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Maybe someone who scanned that, could scan the another page? Maybe it has some more info? Hmm...

Do you know that Satoshi NEVER gets a New Pokemon before the premiere of its generation? IT'S A LAW! Brock or Hikari could get some 5gen Pokemon, but Satoshi WILL NOT.

Scan is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.