• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumoured September 1st Banlist - Yu-Gi-Oh

cybermew

A la lune!
Patrick Murray; of Pojo said:
Banned -
Dark Magician of Chaos
Destiny Hero - Disc Commander
Premature Burial
Dimension Fusion

Limited -
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Cyber Dragon (!!!)
Reasoning
Monster Gate
Return from the Different Dimension

Semi -
Dark Armed Dragon
Judgement Dragon
Summon Priest
Rescue Cat
Card of Safe Return
Nobleman of Crossout
Phantom of Chaos
Chain Strike (!!!)

Unlimited -
Apprentice Magician
Light and Darkness Dragon
Reinforcement of the Army
Mage Power (!!!)
Destiny Hero - Malicious
Royal Decree

COMPLETE JAPANESE 9-1-2008 BANLIST
Shreik also have this posted.

Wow.

Last edited:

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
I called banning of Premature in my local, but they didn't believe me :/
And mostly, what's up with Semi-Limits?! Having DAD or JD at 2 won't make a huge difference!

Also, add Chain Strike at 2 according to Shriek.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Disk and Premature being gone hurts my deck
So does Cyber Dragon's limiting

Breaker back means I can use my GLD1 ^_^

But semi-ing DAD and JD? What will that change? Nothing

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Gladiators don't get hit at all, and if anything they get better with ROTA at three. Sucks. Obviously this only helps the OCG's meta; Prem, Cyber, Priest, Cat, and LaDD says so.

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
Not happening. Gyzarus staying at 3? I don't think so. I run Glads myself, and having 3 Bestiari, 3 Prismas and at least 2 Gyzarus sometimes sets me up for re-fusing Gyzarus every turn (fusing Bestiari/Prisma with a Gyzarus already on the field). I'll be shocked if the official list doesn't put Gyzarus down to at least 2.

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
Not happening. Gyzarus staying at 3? I don't think so. I run Glads myself, and having 3 Bestiari, 3 Prismas and at least 2 Gyzarus sometimes sets me up for re-fusing Gyzarus every turn (fusing Bestiari/Prisma with a Gyzarus already on the field). I'll be shocked if the official list doesn't put Gyzarus down to at least 2.

That's alot less hurting then I thought. But come on, Gladiators weren't touched.

The DMoC ban I kinda saw coming..

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

thank God I didn't spend so much money on a DMOC xD

I think semi-ing CD last list was a testing ground, so JD and DAD will be limited in March

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
This is the OCG's ban list, so we may get our own additions since Gladiators aren't as much of a threat over there. Also, DAD and JD at two does nothing. I don't care what you say; have you guys ever played against DAD or Lightsworn? It's not like their respective Dragons are their only way to win. I've been swarmed by Wulf or Jinzo or DMoC plenty of times.

And then there's Samurai, who got a good third ROTA, also lose their big Special Summon engine.

Andthe third Malicious takes the place of Disk. Big deal. I'm also hating myself because I just got a Disk Commander.

cybermew

A la lune!
Samurai will run Reckless Greed over Reasoning, I've seen it be used multiple times, and it works just as well, better in fact.

And guys, I doubt GB will get touched. As I said UDE LOVE them.

ToXiCxNaPPiE

This list actually isn't much of a surprise to me really - except the banning of yet another revival card weaker than Monster Reborn and the non-restriction of Caius. Dark Armed Dragon took such a hit on this list and no-one even realises it. The whole deck - as deceiving as it may be revolves in majority around Disc Commander and DMoC. The best versions of DAD use 3 Destiny Draw, 1 Stratos, 2-3 Fear Monger, 2 ROTA, 1-2 Foolish Burial - all cards that can't even be considered for DAD now without Disc Commander! Okie, D Draw, what are you going to discard for it? Yes Malicious is at 3 but really you're going to discard 1 then search for the other 2. What will Stratos search for? 1 Malicious IF you haven't already started with 1 - 'tiz the only D Hero worth running and don't say Dasher because that card sucks with a passion! Fear Monger is a dead card now - what's to revive? ROTA and Foolish what? Stratos?? Honestly that 1 ban destroyed them - DMoC going just made it worse. You seem surprised at Cyber hitting 1 - so did I before I knew Chimeratech Fortress Dragon was coming soon! All the un-limits make sense, none can make a serious impact on the game except maybe Decree. As for the semi-limits, I don't think any of them should even be on the list, except maybe Summon Priest which should be at 1! Reasoning and Monster Gate, as much as that hits my deck - should have been restricted long ago. Finally, I think Breaker is one of those cards that isn't quite good enough to be banned, but way too good to be on the semi list ;)

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
After deciphering that wall of text, I have come to the conclusion that this person doesn't kow a thing of DAD decks other than Destiny Hero engine. Stratos can search out three copies of Malicious, one or two Plasmas, and possibly two of Dasher, for a fine total of two or three mained Destiny Draws. Keep in mind that Allure is still at two and the Trade-Ins will probably be replaced by Emergency Teleports.

Speaking of which, it's gonna be Psychic DAD that'll rule the Shonens. Krebons is the perfect Dark Tuner, and let's not foget the favorites Dark Resonator and Sprocketer. Glads become weak in the sense that everything else get's better.