• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RUn in fear (RU RMT)

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Whaddup, peasants?

Yes, it's me, your benevolent overlord, Ninja Dewott. This is my first RMT in a tier lower than OU (a bit like how you guys are in a lower tier of awesomeness to me) and it came about due to a Clan Tournament.

;079; <--- Random Slowpoke

Anyway, we decided to an RU tournament since it'd be cool to do a tier none of us had much experince in. I finished (joint) Third in the tournament, which I'm not claiming is awesome, since none of us knew what we were doing really... Anyway, since then I've started to enjoy RU and I'm trying to get better at it, it'd be good to be experienced in two different tiers.

On with the stuff....

Team at Glance

474.gif
344.gif
430.gif
171.gif
558.gif
477.gif

;079;

Team Building

Fun game: it's in one of these spoilers:

1)Being completely clueless about RU I turned to the technological mastermind that is the internet. On Smogon, I found this rather snazzy team, which I duly 'borrowed'. Of course, thanks to that, the original credit goes to Pearl. wherever and whoever he/she/it is, he/she/it is most definetly in a higher tier of awesomess than me.... But I'm in suspect voting...

I quickly grew to love some of the members of the team, but others eventually got the sack.

2)

474.gif
344.gif
452.gif
171.gif
597.gif
477.gif

Having my sweeper rely totally on rapid spin support was rather annoying, so I replaced him with Proygon-Z. I was going to use alakazam, but decided my team would be too ghost-weak if I did. Good thing I went with Z, as alakazam got banned a little later on.

3)

474.gif
344.gif
430.gif
171.gif
597.gif
477.gif

I decdided Drapion wasn't fulfilling his expected quota of being awesome. So I replaced it with Honchkrow, whose 'MOXIE POWA!' makes him awesome. Plus, he's in the mafia, so i put him in to better increase my chances of survival.

4)

474.gif
344.gif
430.gif
171.gif
558.gif
477.gif

Ferroseed wasn't performing great as a spiker either, so I replaced it with Crustle, who's been better.
;079; <-- That slowpoke is stalking you.

Team in Detail

474.gif

Z-inator (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

The Z-inator, I found, is a great sweeper. Most people expect a scarf, so when I pull of an agility on the switch and kick their behinds with moves I can use at my will, they often implode. Well, sometimes. Ok, it's only happened once. But still. Anyway, adaptablity gives Tri-Attack enough power to blow a hole in Chuck Norris, and I find it much better than the Download boost, which you don't always get. BoltBeam is BoltBeam. Fear it. It has two capital letters yet is only one word. Argh.

344.gif

Dolly (Claydol) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Dolly is my rapid spinner and rocks layer. Earth Power and Ice Beam are good and often unexpected attacks. The 44 EVs are to outspeed Mandibuzz, and 240 HP allows it to hit a leftovers number, which, I will admit, I have no idea what it is.

430.gif

Don (Honchkrow) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Don is awesome. Taunt + Sucker Punch is an evil combo so evil people shall soon fear its name just as they feared Vold- sorry, You Know Who's name, before that kid with glasses went apesh*t on him. The EVs allow him to outspeed... something, I forget what, while having good bulk and power. Substitute is great on this set too. Brave Bird is an alternate STAB, which kills anything after a few Moxie boosts. However, I'm thinking of giving it either a Muscle Band or Aerial Ace instead as Don often ends up killing himself through various recoil and substitutes.

171.gif

Nemo (Lanturn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 140 HP / 88 SAtk / 252 SDef / 28 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Nemo is probably my favourite member of the team, it has great typing, it takes special hits like a boss (couples well with Krusty), hits quite hard and acts as a cleric to my team. The EVs are quite odd: 28 Speed is to outrun Base 70s, SDef is maxed to allow it to sponge special hits, 88 SAtk allow it to hit harder and the rest is dumped in HP. Scald + Volt Switch are STABs and Scald helps it to wall phsyical attackers too; Ice Beam is coverage and Heal Bell is for cleric reasons.

558.gif

Krusty (Crustle) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/X-scissor

Krusty is a rather flexible chap, that is, he can (hang on a minute it's a she, ah well) fit many different roles rather than be able to touch his toes. With the back of his head. The EVs mean that Kusty can come on against a phsyical attacker and lay down spikes or smash with ease. Stone Edge is the main STAB, but as for the fourth move, I'm torn between Quake Edge coverage or an extra STAB.

477.gif

Caspar (Dusknoir) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 68 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split

Caspar really isn't the freindly ghost in many situations, as he is a great nuisance to my opponent. Firstly, he acts as a spin-blocker which is very important. His unexpected set allows him to get a super-effective Focus Punch aganst many things that would come in to block a STAB ghost move. Substitute + Pain Split is a great combination, especially with Dusknoir's low HP. Shadow Sneak is good STAB priority. The EVs, once again, are quite complicated: Pearl. originally had 124 EVs in speed to outrun Clefable, but I've had no trouble with, so I put those EVs elsewhere. 252 Atk allows it to hit as hard as possible, 64 Def allows be to better counter Gallade (who is quite troublesome) and the 68 SDef makes sure opposing Porygon-Z's don't get a SAtk boost from Download, the rest has gone in HP.

Closing Comments

Allow this team is 'borrowed' the facts that Pearl. allowed people to use it and also that I've made quite a few changes make it feel more personal, especially as it suits my style more. Hopefully I can make this team as good as it can be and make it stay 'mine'.

As far as troublesome pokemon go, Gallade and Entei give this team the most trouble. In fact, it was a Gallade which denied me a place in the Tournament's Final.

So, thanks for reading this relatively sensible RMT, please rate, all comments are welcomed! :D

;079;​

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Run x-scissor on crustle in case it's ever stuck facing a sceptile and at full health...and i guess for ppl trying to surprise you with sharpedo or others wanting to set up on it with lilligant (assuming it's awake).

Other than that, your team appears to do very well in dealing with those 3 huge threats + honchkrow.

I like how this team plays. I made this team in Pokemon Online and tested it for a few matches and won most of them. There are only a few problems I can see. First of all Registeel poses a huge threat to this team along with Regice. Both of these more common walls just laugh at your team if you dont have to chance to set up. The only way I see to handle Registeel is to fodder off a Pokemon to bring in Dusknoir and surprise it with a focus punch. Also you dont have a counter for many bulky water Pokemon like Suicune. I know he is not RU but I foresee other bulky waters to affect this team a lot. Great team idea though.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Again, I won't take credit for the original idea.

So you're saying, pmh, that I need a strong fighting type move/pokemon? Bulky waters will prove less off a problem thanks to Z and lanturn, but I suppose some extra help wouldn't go amiss...

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
I probably should have looked at this before preemptively offering you a draw. xD

McDanger

well i never fought you ninja, so i cant say from that prespective but it looks like the liligant i run would punch 4 of your guts out, maybe drop crustle for choice band entie or ferroseed/registeel/ durant

;079; <---- slowpoke is still stalking you

Last edited:

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
In theory, I suppose it would. But Honchkrow shouldn't have too much trouble and I don't think I've ever seen a lilligant during testing...

McDanger

In theory, I suppose it would. But Honchkrow shouldn't have too much trouble and I don't think I've ever seen a lilligant during testing...

you know, i didnt either, but after 1 quiver dance he outspeeds and OHKO`s with HP rock and with sleep powder, its a pain

Acatia

Gone Drinking
Real shitty team you have here.

Really pissed off attitude you got here.

On topic, its a shame Moxie Pimpcrow can't have Heat Wave, it scores some cool surprises, but its not like you got a Super Luck set.
Idk if you encounter a lot of Sceptiles, but I think your Entei and Gallade issues are better handled with EQ on Crustle (for the latter anyway). Depends what you encounter most.

noob21

3 sum!!!
If that slowpoke keeps stalking me im gonna call the cops! This is a great team and I mean it too! I put my life on the line just to say that (slowpoke told me that if I dont tell you that the team was bad without him on it that he was gonna hurt me *whisper voice*)