• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Run through number 6 >.>

Tehero

Like A Boss
Soooo I'm busy doing my sixth run through of black and I figured I'd post my ninja team. My friend traded me all these pokemon at level one after the first gym. The pokemon aren't EV trained (people actually EV train them for in game teams? 0.o) and Im only on the electric gym so far. This team was built around pokemon a ninja would use (we had a clan discussion about it so I figured I'd make it into a run through) Since I'm only on the Electric gym (whatever number that is) I'm going to post the sets they currently have and the sets they will eventually have. And yes I have nothing to do right now so I shall spend a lot of time making this (This isn't an original quote, but you could seriously get past this game with a pack of piplups.)

TEAM NOW

NONE OF THESE POKEMON HAVE ITEMS (I switch exp share between them)

200px-109Koffing.png

• Koffing Lv. 20
• Levitate
• Serious
- Psybeam
- SmokeScreen (Classic Ninja move)
- Assurance
- Clear Smog

Koffing, the classic ninja pokemon (I acturally disagreed with this but the clan said it was -_-) Levitate is the ability all Koffings have.... Serious nature just because thats what it was bred with. Psybeam was an egg move so I decided to keep it (so far) since it gives a better coverage range. Smoke Screen I have because It hasnt learned any other good moves and SmokeScreen is just a boss (Plus what ninja wouldn't carry Smoke Screen?) Assurance is just to attack with (again type coverage) Clear Smog is for a STAB move (Until he learns some other poison move this is the best I have)

180px-570Zorua.png

• Zorua Lv. 21
• Illusion
• Serious
- Faint Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Fury Swipes
- Fake Tears

Zorua just has that ninja look to me. It's also strong and speedy which is a nice advantage to most battles. Faint Attack is for a STAB move that never misses (I mainly have this for stupid Double Team users). Dark Pulse is for another STAB move that is more powerful and I use for non Double Team users. Fury Swipes is for type coverage and Fake Tears is for things that wall Zorua so I can show them whos boss. (Plus again it seems like a ninja move... FAKE tears... idk it just does.)

120px-447Riolu.png

• Riolu Lv 23
• Prankster
• Bashful
- Sky Uppercut
- Quick Attack
- Force Palm
- Feint

Riolu is one of my favorite pokemon on this team. Although it doesn't seem very ninja like, after watching the B/W trailer I'm sure you will think different ;) It was bred with its DW ability Prankster, which is honestly pointless to its set... I seriously have no idea why it has Prankster.... Bashful was just the nature the pokegods gave it. Sky Uppercut is to hit pesky Fly users (Although I haven't ran into them I have a feeling I will... eventually) plus its just a great STAB move. Quick attack is for priority and to finish off pokes that are barely hanging on. Force Palm is for another STAB move and because it hasn't really learned any other good Type coverage moves. Feint is for those dirty Patrats with Detect.
425Drifloon.png

• Drifloon Lv 21
• Aftermath
• Calm
- Payback
- Weather Ball
- Gust
- Minimize

So I decided the team needed a fly user and someone said that Drifloon is kinda ninja like. I wasn't aware it could learn fly, but apparently it can. Aftermath and calm were just what the pokegods gave it. Payback is for type coverage while Weather Ball is an awesome Egg move that provides type coverage and kicks butt. In fact most of the time I'm so busy spamming Weather Ball I forget that Drifloon already died. Gust is for another STAB move that also provides coverage and Minimize is just to make other trainers mad.

182px-544Whirlipede.png

• Whirlipede Lv 22
• Poison Point
• Bashful
- Poison Tail
- Rollout
- Pursuit
- Bug Bite

Whirlipede is mainly for type coverage. Poison and Bashful.. again the pokegods just wanted it to ahve that. Poison Tail is for amazing STAB move even though I'm not sure where Whirlipede's tail is.... Rollout mainly just reminded me of Transformers so I threw it in there. Plus it offers good type coverage to flying types. Pursuit is a ninja move, after all who else follows you when you try to run away? Except a creeper..... Bug Bite is for a STAB move and when I Audino train I like eating the berries.

180px-624Pawniard.png

• Pawniard Lv 26
• Defiant
• Adament
- Psycho Cut
- Metal Claw
- Faint Attack
- Scary Face

Pawniard is my strongest pokemon... mainly because I need him to hurry up and reach lv 51. Defiant and Adament are pretty good (pokegods). Psycho Cut is a good egg move that offers coverage. Metal Claw is for a STAB move that does a good amount of damage. Faint Attack is for STAB and Scary Face is just for... well Have you seen Pawniard's face? You would think Scary Face worked with it too.

TEAM BY THE TIME OF ELITE FOUR
I've already figured out the team for the elite four soooo..... I'm just going to post it without descriptions because Ive spent a lot of time on this thing already. Its kinda basic stuff anyways. Plus my thread gets closed down without it sooooooo Here ya go :)

• Bisharp lv 52
• Defiant
• Adamant
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Metal Claw

• Drifblim Lv 51
• Aftermath
• Calm
- Fly
- Stockpile
- Spit Up
- Swallow

• Scolipede Lv 50
• Poison Point
• Bashful
- Toxic
- Steam roller
- Venoshock
- Rock Climb

• Lucario Lv 51
• Justified
• Bashful
- Aura Sphere
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords dance
- Flash Cannon

• Weezing Lv 52
• Levitate
• Serious
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb
- Double Hit
- SmokeScreen

• Zoroark Lv 54
• Illusion
• Serious
- Nasty Plot
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Claw

Last edited:

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Bisharp
Ability: Defiant
Nature Adamant
Moves:
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Metal ClawIron head at lv 57

Nothing to note but Iron head

Drifblim
Ability Aftermath
Nature Calm
- Fly
- Will-o-wisp
- Hex
- Thunderbolt

Will-o-wisp for a surprise attack with Hex and Thunderbolt as an extra surprise.

Scolipede
Ability Poison Point
Nature Bashful
- Toxic
- Mega Horn
- Venoshock
- Rock Climb

Mega horn is a lv 1 move so you need a heart scale and the move releaner.

Lucario Lv 51
Ability Justified
NatureBashful
- Aura Sphere
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords dance
- Metal Claw

After a boost from Sword's dance Metal claw is stronger

Weezing
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Serious
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- SmokeScreen

Flamethrower takes down Steel types

Zoroark
Ability: Illusion
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Flamethrower to take down steels and Grass knot to trip up opponents.

A good ninja team but it lacks some surprises and coverage.

Tehero

Like A Boss
Bisharp
Ability: Defiant
Nature Adamant
Moves:
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Metal ClawIron head at lv 57

Nothing to note but Iron head

Drifblim
Ability Aftermath
Nature Calm
- Fly
- Will-o-wisp
- Hex
- Thunderbolt

Will-o-wisp for a surprise attack with Hex and Thunderbolt as an extra surprise.

Scolipede
Ability Poison Point
Nature Bashful
- Toxic
- Mega Horn
- Venoshock
- Rock Climb

Mega horn is a lv 1 move so you need a heart scale and the move releaner.

Lucario Lv 51
Ability Justified
NatureBashful
- Aura Sphere
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords dance
- Metal Claw

Weezing
Ability: Levitate
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- SmokeScreen

Flamethrower takes down Steel types

Zoroark
Ability: Illusion
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Flamethrower to take down steels and Grass knot to trip up opponents.

A good ninja team but it lacks some surprises and coverage.

Iron head seems like it wouldnt be worth it considering how long I would have to wait for it... I like the Drifblim set. I completely forgot about Mega Horn, wheres the relearner dude again? Metal Claw sounds good.... as does Weezing and Zoroark but Im not sure where you get the grass Knot TM (I never pay attention to TMs)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Your Bisharp seems about right. Personally, i'd opt for Brick Break over Metal Claw.

Shadow Ball over Spit Up on your Drifblim 'cause y'know, Ninja's make use of shadows and stuff. x3

ExtremeSpeed/Bullet Punch over Flash Cannon on Lucario. Ninja's are SPEEDY as hell.

Flamethrower over Foul Play on Zoroark.

Not sure why you have stat boosting moves on Poke's whenever there's only 1 move that makes use of it! xD

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Iron head seems like it wouldnt be worth it considering how long I would have to wait for it... I like the Drifblim set. I completely forgot about Mega Horn, wheres the relearner dude again? Metal Claw sounds good.... as does Weezing and Zoroark but Im not sure where you get the grass Knot TM (I never pay attention to TMs)

The move releaner is in the town with Skyla(the flying gym leader) and Grass knot is in Pinwheel forest Brick break on Bisharp is better then metal claw for accuracy(MetalSonic mentioned this and Metalsonic also mentioned Shadow ball which is more useful againest Flashfire and Guts users) but you don't get random attack boosts from Brick break. Also I only mentioned Iron head for when you get to lv 57(Which is pretty high for a pre elite four team.)

koosbane

master breeder
Lucario Lv 51
Ability Justified
NatureBashful
- Aura Sphere
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords dance
- Metal Claw

On the topic of Swords dance, aura sphere doesn't fit that. I would use Close combat over aura sphere and drop sky uppercut for rock slide/stone edge to give better coverage.
~Close combat
~Rock slide/Stone edge
~metal claw
~Swords dance

OR if you want to keep it mixed...

~Aura sphere
~Sky uppercut
~Flash cannon
~Rock slide/stone edge

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Huh...i don't even know if this thread is allowed, due to the rules of IGRMT. But who cares? You guys probably don't, and that includes me as well :D

What the hell is that Lucario set? I don't understand, and i will refuse to understand it, since there's a lot of better sets for him ¬¬
Lucario@Life orb
Nature: Naive
~Drain Punch/Close Combat
~Shadow Ball
~Extreme Speed
~Work Up
I like this set. Mixed, you betcha! Drain Punch is for STAB, it's amazing when used by Lucario. Healing yourself while attacking is kinda appealing. Shadow Ball and Drain Punch is amazing together, it simply allows Lucario to hit everything on the game! And he won't get walled by Walls due to being mixed :D
Extreme speed is for coverag...NOOOOO! Extreme speed is for priority. Whenever a foe is weak...you suddenly attack and HIYA! You knock him out! o_O
Work up? It's a set up move, so you guessed right ;D
Let me make some. Calcs...Loading...what a while, plz.....!
After a boost from Work Up, your attack and Sp atk will reach 172/180 respectively (on level 50, without any EV's or IV's). But its your choice...sooooo....here's are others Lucario Set :D
Lucario@Life orb
Nature: Jolly
~Close Combat/Drain Punch
~Crunch
~Extreme Speed
~Swords dance
Physical 'Cario! :D
Lucario@Life orb
Nature: Timid
~Aura sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon
~Nasty Plot
Special 'Cario! :D

That's it. Might back later. BYE!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Huh...i don't even know if this thread is allowed, due to the rules of IGRMT. But who cares? You guys probably don't, and that includes me as well :D

Tehero also posted the future version of the team, so it's fine.

Though I think the current version should NOT be posted, and instead just post the future version....since it can confuse people, especially since the current version has pics, while the future version is not and is placed at the end of the post.

Also, Level is not needed.

• Bisharp lv 52
• Defiant
• Adamant
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

The wait is definitely worth it, Iron Head is just that much better. Brick Break instead of Psycho Cut, since Dark + Fight has awesome coverage.

• Drifblim Lv 51
Unburden
Lonely/Naughty
- Fly
- Shadow Ball
- Charge Beam
- Acrobatics

I'm assuming Fly is for traveling purpose. Acrobatics + Flying Gem + Unburden = awesome.

• Scolipede Lv 50
• Poison Point
Adamant/Jolly
- Toxic
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Rock + Ground coverage, Megahorn for STAB.

• Lucario Lv 51
• Justified
Adamant/Jolly
- Rock Slide
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords dance
- Bullet Punch

Rock + Fight has great coverage, Bullet Punch for priority STAB move.

• Weezing Lv 52
• Levitate
Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

You lack Special attackers, that's why. Not to mention you'll never need Explosion and Smokescreen in-game. Don't forget to give it a lot of Calciums.

• Zoroark Lv 54
• Illusion
Timid
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse or Night Daze
- Flamethrower

Dark + Fight coverage. Don't give it a Ghost move, Dark & Ghost shares similar coverage.

Comments in bold.

koosbane

master breeder

What the hell is that Lucario set? I don't understand, and i will refuse to understand it, since there's a lot of better sets for him ¬¬

I can come up with a bunch of "better" sets, but some times I like to follow what the OP asks for and not change the nature or use egg moves. Erego, he wants moves that he can get/use before the E4, so I gave him options.

Also agree with shine, drop explosion on weezing for Tbolt.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I can come up with a bunch of "better" sets, but some times I like to follow what the OP asks for and not change the nature or use egg moves. Erego, he wants moves that he can get/use before the E4, so I gave him options.

He is trying to keep the team's ninja theme so Explosion and smokescreen are acceptable(Thunderbolt should replace Smoke screen but He or She wants a ninja theme.)

Sohryu

Be a Man!

You are wrong, very simple kid. We can't rate a team that even passed of the E4, there's nothing to rate before. I didn't see his specifications, but i really won't follow that:
he wants moves that he can get/use before the E4, so I gave him options
Why? What you can suggest? Why, again. IGRMT doesn't allow "Current teams" before E4 due to that reason. You can't made a decent rate with so much limitations...

Also, Shine...Focus Blast only if the OP doesn't breed, right? I found FB kinda a mistake due to it's poor accuracy.

Tehero

Like A Boss
You are wrong, very simple kid. We can't rate a team that even passed of the E4, there's nothing to rate before. I didn't see his specifications, but i really won't follow that:
Why? What you can suggest? Why, again. IGRMT doesn't allow "Current teams" before E4 due to that reason. You can't made a decent rate with so much limitations...

Also, Shine...Focus Blast only if the OP doesn't breed, right? I found FB kinda a mistake due to it's poor accuracy.

By before the E4 I meant moves I can use FOR the E4....

I just posted the current team mainly because I was bored out of my mind >.> Also since I'm so early in the game I can switch pokes to go more with my ninja theme if you guys have better options.

Other than that, I'm going to take the changes into consideration and look over them and the update the OP.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Go with Flamethrower / Dark Pulse / Nasty Plot / Grass Knot on Zoroark.

I like to use a Mixed Lucario with Drain Punch / Ice Punch / Work Up / Shadow Ball.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Go with Flamethrower / Dark Pulse / Nasty Plot / Grass Knot on Zoroark.

I like to use a Mixed Lucario with Drain Punch / Ice Punch / Work Up / Shadow Ball.

That's...Wins the thread!
While Drain Punch heals all damage taken, it serves as a powerful STAB move. Ice punch hits most things tha your main STAB won't, that's counting somes SE Damage. Shadow Ball will give him perfect coverage, hitting everything. Work Up is self-explanatory ^^
Tehero, follow this Lucario Set...it's works amazing! Not so much difference from mine, but this Lucario works better.
You can also use LO to more Power!!!!
That's the best Lucario on that Thread, IMHO