• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Running gags in the anime that went on for far too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris "What a Kid" Collection [Part 1]
[video=youtube;tJVw-wmy0vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVw-wmy0vw[/video]
And this is just from the first seven episodes alone (Also, if someone knows every episode Iris says this, message me and I can make a Part 2!).

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Iris "What a Kid" Collection [Part 1]
[video=youtube;tJVw-wmy0vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVw-wmy0vw[/video]
And this is just from the first seven episodes alone (Also, if someone knows every episode Iris says this, message me and I can make a Part 2!).

Omg I remember seeing that video.

I totally wanted to rip my ears out. ;-;

matt0044

Omg I remember seeing that video.

I totally wanted to rip my ears out. ;-;

Yeah, what possessed them to think that like would be funny? I honestly TPCi found it annoying themselves and dropped it from the dub (at least that'd be one less thing bad about it).

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
One running gag that's gone I'm glad for but often escalated too far was when Misty, Max, or Croagunk would stop Brock when he was flrting. That really got old fast when Misty seemed more adamant about it, or even almost teasing about it when some female CotD would be in love with a male CotD and Misty just kinda teasing Brock about it. That got worse and more painful as the series progressed with Max and his height difference on Brock and his being more vicious it seemed. So even in a new direction in Sinnoh, it still got old fast. =/

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't see why everybody hated the whole Draco Meteor thing lol it was funny as **** and the Penguin had it coming.

WhyHelloThere

Robert>> It was funny in the first two episodes, but it went on far too long. It just became overkill after that.

Bryon>> Didn't like that gag either. It was fine with Misty, but Croagunk's "interruptions" were just plain stupid.

pokemon fan 132

One running gag that's gone I'm glad for but often escalated too far was when Misty, Max, or Croagunk would stop Brock when he was flrting. That really got old fast when Misty seemed more adamant about it, or even almost teasing about it when some female CotD would be in love with a male CotD and Misty just kinda teasing Brock about it. That got worse and more painful as the series progressed with Max and his height difference on Brock and his being more vicious it seemed. So even in a new direction in Sinnoh, it still got old fast. =/

Pulling Brock by ear was gag. But teasing him for falling in romance state with other girls was part of Misty character, with sarcasm and snarky side being part of persona.Personally i wasn't bothered by it because it could be quite funny at times, and it was usually done in friendly manner anyway.

Out of all third sides which prevented Brock from flirting though, imo Max was most annoying one. His jokes most of time weren't funny and he lacked ability to drag away Brock from other girls in subtle manner.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Robert>> It was funny in the first two episodes, but it went on far too long. It just became overkill after that.

Bryon>> Didn't like that gag either. It was fine with Misty, but Croagunk's "interruptions" were just plain stupid.

That depends on if you hate the blue thing or not, I did so it was hilarious watching it get hit :).

No if it was pikachu that would have made it 10 times funnier. I wonder what hurts more for it a pokeball or draco meteor.

Lmfao that would of been funny too but at that point I was still a semi Pikachu fan so I wouldn't have thought so then.

gohan5

Irisboy
Can I use this for Running Gags I wanted to go further?

-Iris's "Sixth Sense" and getting them lost (and Dento being all "-_- Being unscientific again")

I'm glad that one isn't used as often, and Cilan only said that once as I recall so his part wasn't really part of it...

But I'm glad it's only used sparingly, so it wouldn't be included on this massive running gag list. That and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
that and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.

I never knew that was supposed to be funny. :/ Like seriously. And Iris's gag was very different, she used her "sixth sense" to guide them there, not a map. XD

*thinks of Robert*

Robert beating Drew twice with Milotic? ._.;;;

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Actually the funniest Brock gag to me was Max. XDD Maybe because I liked Max as a character. Croagunk didn't faze me as much, it was just sort of a "Oh, so he takes the gag now." Misty....that was original, so it was just sort of there. I liked how Max got the idea from her. XDDD

LizardonX

Banned
Actually the funniest Brock gag to me was Max. XDD Maybe because I liked Max as a character. Croagunk didn't faze me as much, it was just sort of a "Oh, so he takes the gag now." Misty....that was original, so it was just sort of there. I liked how Max got the idea from her. XDDD

It seems like the reason for croagunk's existence was to be a ****block XD.

I think the draco meteor thing was an example of fridge horror. I mean that gag scarred and traumatized piplup so much it got nightmares from it. Even if it was played for humor Piplup will never be the same again when a dragon attempts to charge one up close to it.

gohan5

Irisboy
I never knew that was supposed to be funny. :/ Like seriously. And Iris's gag was very different, she used her "sixth sense" to guide them there, not a map. XD

Well I guess that's just you, they played it a lot more in the Original series and then it kind of dropped off after Max and the PokeNav came around. Though it did happen a few times in DP. Iris and Brock's actions are fundamentally the same, both having a poor sense of direction and getting the group lost.

matt0044

That and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.

It'd be funny if it was like Ranma 1/2's Ryoga Hibiki and they ended up in bizarre places.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

*thinks of Robert*

Robert beating Drew twice with Milotic? ._.;;;

He was talking about me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.