• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Running Nintendo Switch on TV or Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hello,

I've just recently bought myself a Nintendo Switch, but I'm unsure which of the following would give me a better screen quality experience;

TV: Sony KDL-32EX720
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2363SMHL-W

Opinions?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I think the best option to plug the Switch in to your TV or Monitor. However, do note that there is a system setting to note: Under "TV output" -> TGB Range - TVs are more likey to only support the Limited range setting on the RGB Colour, while the Monitor will use the Full range.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think the best option to plug the Switch in to your TV or Monitor. However, do note that there is a system setting to note: Under "TV output" -> TGB Range - TVs are more likey to only support the Limited range setting on the RGB Colour, while the Monitor will use the Full range.
I assume the Full RGB color option offers more vibrant colors, thus a better screen experience?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I assume the Full RGB color option offers more vibrant colors, thus a better screen experience?
Not that you'd really notice, you're more likey to notice if your whites are light grey, and your Blacks go dark grey. Basicly, Some TVs use a limited colour range standard, which when showing a Full range, will how several greys as Black, or White.

You may remember some comments about BOTW washed out..

And here's video about it:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Thanks for the feedback. I'm using my Switch with my monitor and it certainly did not disappoint. Zelda: BoTW looks exactly as vibrant as the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.