1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Running Nintendo Switch on TV or Monitor?

Discussion in 'Technology Discussion' started by WhiteBlair, Sep 3, 2018.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Hello,

I've just recently bought myself a Nintendo Switch, but I'm unsure which of the following would give me a better screen quality experience;

TV: Sony KDL-32EX720
    Monitor: ViewSonic VX2363SMHL-W

Opinions?

2. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I think the best option to plug the Switch in to your TV or Monitor. However, do note that there is a system setting to note: Under "TV output" -> TGB Range - TVs are more likey to only support the Limited range setting on the RGB Colour, while the Monitor will use the Full range.

WhiteBlair likes this.
  3. WhiteBlair

I assume the Full RGB color option offers more vibrant colors, thus a better screen experience?

4. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Not that you'd really notice, you're more likey to notice if your whites are light grey, and your Blacks go dark grey. Basicly, Some TVs use a limited colour range standard, which when showing a Full range, will how several greys as Black, or White.

You may remember some comments about BOTW washed out..

And here's video about it:

WhiteBlair likes this.
  5. WhiteBlair

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using my Switch with my monitor and it certainly did not disappoint. Zelda: BoTW looks exactly as vibrant as the video.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.