• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

S P I R I T [Sign-Up Thread]

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
S P I R I T

*AS OF NOW, SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED*

~PLOT~

The supernatural: goblins, ghouls, demons, beasts, and even the mythological. They dwell within their own realm, or at least that’s how it used to be. The supernatural belong in the realm of Mystonia. It’s a vast and open world, full of creatures that can’t be explained by modern science. They’re extraordinary and pose a threat to humans. Lately, there have been more encounters and occurrences of creatures believed not to exist. Accounts have been very minimal, but now they’re at an all-time high, becoming much more frequent. After numerous investigations, it has been discovered that the realm of Mystonia has been slowly opening into the realm where the humans reign, referred to as the Worldly realm where Earth exists. This Earth, however, is in a Pangaea-like state.

The creatures that have been crossing over have been spreading fear and mayhem across the world. Some lie dormant and hide in the shadows, while others attack in public, wanting to be known. Not a single kind hearted, divine, or righteous supernatural being is left. They have all been corrupted and are being manipulated to aid in the sudden attack on humans for mischief and plain evil doings. The growing fear among the people has caused them to react. Some have tried fighting back, but they were no match. The supernatural beings were too strong for ordinary humans. It seemed that the only way to retaliate the paranormal would be to be paranormal as well. In the world there have been natural occurrences of not so natural phenomena. For instance, there are humans who naturally have powers, or gain powers later in their life. These humans were the last hope in combating the supernatural. The problem was that there was so few, and they were scattered. This is where the government came into play.

In response to the sudden surge of encounters, an organization has been created by the central government of the world in order to stop these cases. The name of that organization, The Supernatural Phenomena Investigators and Researchers in Terror, or popularly referred to as SPIRIT. The government was aware of the natural occurrences of paranormal humans. They had been researching the subject for years. They started to organization with them in mind, and the group would be comprised of special humans who have shown to demonstrate extraordinary powers. To find the recruits the central government sent out a public announcement for the whole world to hear:

“We ask that all people who have discovered an unexplained and special gift within themselves please enroll into the SPIRIT program. We need your help in combating the supernatural and we need heroes to step up, now. It’s your chance to help the world against these beings. Contact us at our headquarters for more information and begin today.”

The central government was desperate, and so were the people. Soon enough, individuals began to show up at the headquarters. At first there were few, but then others began to join. There’s still aren’t many, but now the organization is up and running. Their goal is to capture and detain any supernatural beings in the Worldly Realm. These beings are then to be sent back to their own realm, where they will remain after being sealed. Leading scientists have created all sorts of new technology that has made much of the operations possible, such as the travel between realms. This allows the investigators of the SPIRIT team to travel to Mystonia. All supernatural beings will be brought back and sealed to the place from which they came, but travel in Mystonia can be rigorous. The scientists have also created new technology that will aid in the conflict between the teams and supernaturals. Production is slow and new tools are occasionally introduced.

~YOUR ROLE~

You will be a new addition to the Elite Team in the SPIRIT organization. Only the highly skilled extraordinary humans are allowed into the group. You will be led by the leaders, Cynthia Viridian and Lucas Kendall, in the procedure of capturing and returning the supernatural beings.

509px-Pangaea_continents.svg.png

The SPIRIT Base will be located at the center of the far east peninsula near Eurasia.

Mystonia is uncharted and the lands will be discovered as the team ventures through.

Special thanks to the awesome *Jean Grey* for help in refining my ideas!

~SIGN-UP FORM~

Name: Simple. A code name is optional as well.

Powers and Skills: What powers and skills does your character have? I trust you guys to have creative freedom, but please try to not make it OP. Don't go for something like Time Distortion or control over all elements. Try to keep one power, as in, no psychic abilities and elemental powers at the same time. I will be looking over this closely. Also, if your character uses any weapons you should describe them here.

Description: What does you character look like? I'd like 1-2 paragraphs for this.

Personality: How does your character behave? How does he/she interact with others? Again, I'd like 1-2 paragraphs for this.

History: What was your character's past like? Where are they from? Include the discovery of your character's powers here, how the supernatural beings impacted them, and how they discovered and joined the SPIRIT organization. I want at least 2 paragraphs for this.

Anything Else?: ...?

I agree to the inactivity rule.

~CHARACTERS~

- Cynthia Viridian (SenorLaughsaLot)
- Lucas "Luke" Kendall (SenorLaughsaLot)

Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone "Lucky Star" (Monster Guy)
Yuriko "Yuri" Tanaka "Shadow" (Billy Mays)
Bruce Penner "Dr. Penner" (Sheps)
Jared Thimbletack (ansem the wise)
Stella Paris Stilton "Orange Shield" (Samantha Sparks)
Alexis Cobalt "Colby" Stilton III "Purple Sword" (Samantha Sparks)
Halt Jones "Hunter" (deltakurumiru4)
Felicja Łukaszewicz / "Feliciana Luca" (*Jean Grey*)
Ian Blackwood (SoulMuse)
Lucrezia "Lucy" Stark (Elysian)
Frey Ein Yggdrasil "Fey" (Lost Requiem)
Andrea Bellamy/Andrew Stone (Monster Guy)
Cameron Kingston (Lost Requiem)

~PLEASE READ~

Inactivity Rule

If anyone should remain inactive without prior notification, I will not hesitate to kick your character off the team, or even kill them off, if they're holding back the RP. I know things can get in the way, which is why the limit is two weeks. The story will move on without your character after one week, and if I see that you haven't returned after the second week, your character will be gone. However, if you do notify me that you will be gone for a certain amount of time, you/I can post an explanation for the character's absence. If they are playing a crucial role and are needed, I will bunny them the best I can. From now on, I want everyone to post that they agree to this rule in their sign-up.

Like this: I agree to the inactivity rule.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Reserve for me too of course! XD A shapeshifter with a wolf form...yup, I'd like to use Feli again for something. XD

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Reserve, seems new and interesting, I'd like to try it out since my current RPG count it low.

Samantha Sparks

Oh, so this is the RP you spoke of.
So, I presume we'll all be humans.
I'm planning on making my character some magician. Is it fine if I have a familiar?

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Yuppers.
Yes, extraordinary humans. XD
What kind of familiar? Heh, a magician, and my character is some sort of witch.

Just so people know, my character will specialize in barrier magic.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I would be appreciative if you reserved a character for me.

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Im on my tablet Atm but tomorrow ill add my sign up. Reserve me a spot please?
Yeah, I'll reserve you... but when you post I want you to post with better grammar and spelling, alright? It's just that it can be messy at times. >.<

I would be appreciative if you reserved a character for me.
Sure thing.

I now put a limit on reserves for anyone else who might join. To the people with reserves, I'll let you keep them 'till Feb. 10. If anyone wants an extension, just ask.

Last edited:

Samantha Sparks

My familiar is a nine-tailed fox. For reasons, she can't utlise actual fire. She can activate some sort of 'Berserk Mode' as a last resort of sorts.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Well, since Feli shapeshifts into wolf form, it's fair to say that she's a Druid. XD A combat-oriented one of course but still some sort of Druid. XD