1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

s p r i t i n g; thread. <3

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by Vavavoom, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

hi. :3

Well, um, welcome to my second spriting thread. I'm Vavavoom, and, like, I sprite x3. lol. I'm still a beginner, though. ~> Like, I'm not a professional, compared to some other people here. : D So yeah. I'm here because I want to showcase things I've done, not too long ago. :3 From Fakemons to Trainer Sprites. <~ There are 4 sections in this thread, by the way.

Part I - Scratches
    Part II - Trainer sprites
    Part III - Ribbons
    Part IV - Pixel arts

• Part I ... scratches. C:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Part II ... trainer sprites. :3

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Part III ... ribbons. <33~

[​IMG]

xO. NEW~*

[​IMG]

• Part IV ... pixel arts. x3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

xO. NEW~*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... mhm. :3 C+C, please. -hugs+hands cookies-

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Very, very nicely done-especially your ribbons.
    However, to give constructive criticism, many of your sprites lack the lighting source/shadow emphasis.

Take Tracey for example. Much of his clothing doesn't reveal a single light source (his hands are also kinda...off XD). Well, enough of my minor C&C; I think you're doing great on spriting. :)

3. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Hm. :/ You're right. I had trouble doing him. I don't know what I did, but the sprite didn't turn out as good as I thought it would. Anyway, thanks. Oh and thanks for the ribbon comment. <3 I'm proud of them. : D They have that Vavavoom touch in them. O:

4. Ah, why hello there Vava! ;D I see you've improved your spriting ablilty, and I've come to give you some wonderful comments and criticism on your sprites! Anything for a friend!

Uh...first off, you posted that mushroom Fakemon twice! I kind of like how the mushroom Fakemon looks sort of annoyed or sleepy, but it kind of reminds me of Breloom and Jumpluff. :/

The grass type badger is really cool! It looks sort of huggable though, so maybe it could be a two-stage Pokemon like Hippopotas or Tangela? Perhaps it could evolve into a big, fierce badger with long claws! You'll need some sort of attribute to enforce the fact that it's grass type, like maybe mossy fur or something?

I think the black bug Fakemon should have atleast two legs, so that it can actually grab onto stuff and land! :D It looks really cool, I would love for it to exist. :3

I really like the big fat weird fly thing, because it looks lovable and cute! I don't seen any real problem with the sprite because it has a nice design.

I don't really like the orca Fakemon very much, because those poor things look like they would have trouble swimming in water without fins! And..what's that grey stuff on the big orca? Barnacles? Foam? Either way, that looks nice.

I think Tracy could use a little shading on his shorts and shirt, aswell as some weight loss exercises. xD Shirts hang loose and aren't exactly adjacent with the pants, but Tracy's shirt looks like it's glued to his body. Jessie looks pretty though, good work! :3

Ribbons aren't my feild of specialty, so I won't comment on them.

5. Drifloon_Soul

Drifloon_Soul Carpe Trachea

Hm! Those are pretty good. My favorite is the big Pink ribbon. Your skills are impressive. You should try opening a shop. I'd request something :)
    Tracy's body seems too big for his head though. And his shirt is all boxy. Otherwise it's great.

check out my gallery thread (in signature)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  6. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Thanks : D. They're called callosities. <~ They're stuff that can be found on Right Whales.

Yeah. :/ I kind of messed up that sprite. However, I think I did well on everything above his arms. Anyway, I'll edit it later. o:

Really? Well, I didn't know if the size was okay... But it looks right to me. x:

7. gtab x3

gtab x3 Well-Known Member

These are really niclely done sprites, i really like how your scratches look really professional and of course your ribbons are always great. on the trainer sprites they look alright but the tracy's legs to straight and not realistic.

8. NaruRyan

NaruRyan I HAZ RETURNED

I love the lickitung-like one. It's amazing.

9. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Hehe, thanks ^^. I used to be awful, in spriting, before... but now, I'm still a beginner, but heh, I know how it works. :3

Yeah. :/ As I said, everything bellow his arms is messed up.

Thanks, pupu. :333~ -hugs-

10. aipom1234

aipom1234 Master Coordinator

The Lickylicky evo is really well done. Probably your best scratch. You have enough people telling you about how the shading is off on the trainer sprites. Just out of curiousity, what is the first trainer sprite?? And you already know, but I absolutely adore the ribbons. You should add the medals from those ones into your shop. Oh and the christmas wreath thing is pretty well done, I don't really see anything wrong with it. <33

Good Job overall

11. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Thanks. : D Lickking turned out better than I thought. Like, yeah. I like its tongue. x: Oh and the first trainer is Medea. Yeah, Medea from SPPf. <~ Cool, heh? x33

12. Northern Lights

Northern Lights [BritishSarcasm]

very nice of course the ribbons own

but if i critisize anything its the shading on your scratch pokemon, the shading is too simplistic and lacks detail, and therefore makes them look flat

hope that helps ~

13. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Oh, okay ^^. Are you talking about all of them, though? Or, like, most of them?

14. Magicute

Magicute KKIIIIIIIIIIIII...!!

The ribbons are really beautiful and colorful.
    The deisigns of that is wonderful.

15. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Thank you very much, Magicute. :3

ANWYAY. <3 I have something new~ 8D

[​IMG]

It's Jessie in her contest outfit. Well, normally, her outfit is orange+yellow+yeah, but I decided to make it purple+pink. : D C+C, please.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  16. PurpleMew

PurpleMew no promises

Love the ribbons vava they are fantastic and your scratch sprites are great aswell [ Dust bunny lol ]

But like nearly everyone else said you need to improve your shading so the viewer can tell where the light source is coming from.

Oh and your new jessie sprite is great but the colour of her glasses is dull try some bright colours like light yellow and a light purple; that would look nice

But over all great sprites keep up the good work ~

17. Douger

Douger Veteran Spriter

lol, just a beginner. That's funny. When I hear "Vavavoom" I never think of beginner; I think of shaunybug or one of those pro spriters.
    Like PurpleMew said, your only real problem is mainly the light source.
    However, I think you could do overall better on Tracey. You made him a little...um...big. You should thin up his shirt a little more as for his shorts and shoes. His shoes are bigger than his head! I honestly think you should use another lighter shade on his shirt and shorts, though, because it looks very plain. The Jessie sprite is fabulous, I would just give more shading to her left arm and; wallah! Perfecto!
    On the newer Jessie, for god sake's change her mouth! It looks tiny, and her eyes; well, those are NOT Jessie's eyes. Otherwise, the rest is nice.
    You ribbons are by far your best work and there is no other way to improve them. Same for your fakemon, unless you want me to make very particular critisizms which I bet you I can do! :)

But you have some very nice works and should keep it up!
    Great work, Vavavoom!

18. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Like, really? :l3 -blushes- My gosh, thank you. <33.Xo~ -hands cookies-

[​IMG]

Better? : D

Thank you, again. <3333~

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  19. aipom1234

aipom1234 Master Coordinator

Ohhhhh.... I absolutey LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Jessie!! It is adorable! The colors you chose for her are perfect. You are such a talented spriter :333 You should try your hand at a normal colored Jessilina <333

Keep up the good work!

20. Vavavoom

Vavavoom ...

Thanks ^^. I did make Jessie with her normal coloured dress. :3 And... here it is.

[​IMG]

Not really asking for C+C, since, like, I only changed the colours... but heh. Comments, anyone? s: