• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sacred Fire, Signature Move no more

Rhys

I never liked Entei or Ho-oh so I don't really care.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think it is stupid to give entei Sacred Fire. they probably did so because entei learns no other good physical Fire-Type moves. (Sure, it got Flare Blitz as an event move)
This is dumb. Give Suicune Aeroblast so make it even. Raikou if the forgettable one anyway

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Aww but Raikou is so much better than Entei though. Entei is the lamest in design and movepool. Raikou looked and still does brilliant.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
*Meh* just Mega Evolved into *Mega Meh*.

Seriously? OK, yeah I'm fine with it. Signature moves are overrated anyways. Heart Swap, Relic Song? plz. And to top it off, a hundred other things would kill for Sacred Fire (which actually deserves it's rating) as it's the best physical fire move in the game. Hands down. Blaze Kick is too shaky, and Flare blitz is cool, except for the self-inflicted injury two seconds later. I'm hoping Articuno get's Aeroblast at one point, and we can just pass Hurricane off to Zapdos who needs it more anyways. That way all the birds are content. The dogs are already boss enough. Suicune needs it's Curse back before anything else. Raikou is fine right were it's at. Most special sweepers would cut their left arm off for Aura Sphere.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
awesome!
I love entei and now I have even more reasons to use him over arcanine

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
To be honest, I think it was just expected. Really, no move in the games is gonna remain a signature move forever, eventually all moves will be learned by more than just one Pokémon. And I personally am ok with that. I mean Entei does look like a Pokémon that can use a powerful move like Sacred Fire, so why not give Entei access to that move?

And I also must point out that this is not the first time a Legendary Pokémon no longer has its signature move.

Moltres, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram and Zekrom used to have a signature move, but their signature move was able to other Pokémon later on.

Kyurem might be connected to Zekrom and Reshiram. But at the time these Pokémon were introduced they were the only ones who can learn Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt, which is no longer the case.

As for sacred sword, it might never have been available to just one Pokémon, but it does count as a former signature move as it was exclusive to the musketeer trio at the time. And the musketeer trio are very connected.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Kyurem might be connected to Zekrom and Reshiram. But at the time these Pokémon were introduced they were the only ones who can learn Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt, which is no longer the case.

Considering the fact, Kyurem only gains the move with the respective fusion, it's still an exclusive. Once another, unconnected Pokémon gets it, then we can stop calling it exclusive.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I hate all signature moves like V-Create! They are to strong!

... Can I just ask how Splash, Electroweb, Kinesis, Barrage, Ally Switch (somewhat, at least in Gen VI due to it losing its TM Status and only being learned by Kadabra and Alakazam), Gust, Low Kick, Clamp, Metal Claw, Hold Back, Celebrate, Happy Hour, Powder, or Aromatic Mist are too strong?

Pointless.

How so?
It gave Entei a Move that was usable with its Stats and STAB, similarly to Flareon and Flare Blitz.

AegiSwag

how so? It gave entei a move with stab and usable with its stats.
Not pointless-I meant that they should've just given enter its Own sig move.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Not pointless-I meant that they should've just given enter its Own sig move.

Why should they do that?

Not every Legendary Pokémon has a Signature or Exclusive Move, and neither of it's fellow Legendary Beast members do, so I fail to see the point to it, when they could simply make Flare Blitz a non-Event Move for it.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
What irritates me more than Entei getting Sacred Fire? All the people who keep calling the trio the 'legendary dogs' when Entei is clearly a Lion (Or Foo, which has been incorrectly identified as a Foo dog, when it is a Guardian Lion) and Raikou is a Tiger. Suicune can be whatever it wants.

But on the actual 'issue'? I'm still waiting for Entei to get Earthquake. You know, that thing that tends to happens when a Volcano goes off. Entei sniping Sacred Fire isn't really that bad considering how out of the legendary gerbils, this foo is the one pitied the most.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
What irritates me more than Entei getting Sacred Fire? All the people who keep calling the trio the 'legendary dogs' when Entei is clearly a Lion (Or Foo, which has been incorrectly identified as a Foo dog, when it is a Guardian Lion) and Raikou is a Tiger. Suicune can be whatever it wants.

But on the actual 'issue'? I'm still waiting for Entei to get Earthquake. You know, that thing that tends to happens when a Volcano goes off. Entei sniping Sacred Fire isn't really that bad considering how out of the legendary gerbils, this foo is the one pitied the most.

Really it would be simpler and more uniform if their ambiguous title of Legendary Beasts were to remain in usage.

What I think is somewhat bizarre is how Entei doesn't learn Eruption, despite its close connection to volcanoes.