• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sacred Music - For those overdevoted Christians

Autis-misc

Abridger
As I was looking through the entertainment guidelines, I noticed something odd. Their wasn't a thread for music made by one of the most popular religions in the world. This is that thread.

In this thread, you can discuss new sacred music, such as "Don't Waste Your Life" by lecrae, "Draw the Line" by Disciple, or "Cornerstone" By Hillsong. You can also discuss the Hymn's that everyone who goes to a Christian-type church will hear.

To start off the thread, Lecrae released his Album "Gravity" last month. for those of you who have listened to it, what is your opinion on the message heard in the lyrics?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Probably the only Overtly Christian music I like at the moment is Wytch Hazel.
[video=youtube;DvSQ0ckhnv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvSQ0ckhnv4[/video]

I have to say though, religious music isn't what it used to be. My mum often goes into religious shops and they are often playing contemporary Christian music. And for the most part I just find myself thinking, 'If I was god, I'd be a bit insulted that that was the best they could do." There was a time when religious music meant writing to the best of your ability to the glory of God. Look at the likes of Bach and Handel. The Messiah is a magnificent piece of work written in and ridiculously short period of time, and it really does proud his devotion to god. But These days any average songwriter with a guitar can strum a pretty generic song about god's love, and I just don't feel it. I feel like they are exploiting a market. Look at bands who have belief in Pagan god's in the metal scene and the passion and effort some of them put in. It comes across as a far more fitting tribute.

I'm not overly religious, but nor am I anti religious either. I do quite like hymns though, especially traditional ones routed in celtic melodies.