1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sacrifice: Pokemon Battle Scene One-Shot Contest

Discussion in 'The Authors' Café' started by Brian Random, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Brian Random

Brian Random I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!

Sacrifice: The Pokemon Battle One-Shot Contest
    There’s no great victory without great sacrifice

Approved by Zephyr Flare

Welcome to Sacrifice, the pokemon battle scene one-shot contest. We had a horror one-shot contest, a comedy one, a romance/shipping one, and the one with the legends in it. Now, we have a contest where all you have to do is to write a pokemon battle scene… obviously. Sure, we all get a scare, a laugh or a tear out of various fics, but what about the excitement and breath taking moments we could have, along with the other things?

Judges:
    Brian Powell (Head judge)
    Sike Saner
    Negrek

The contest is set up in three parts:
    1. Submit your battle scene before the deadline.
    2. Wait for the judges to finish reviewing the fics.
    3. Read the results

Rules and guidelines (pretty much the same as the previous contest but with differences):
    1. Fics need to have good spelling and grammar, obviously.

2. Must be at least 3 pages at the minimum. You can go as long as you want but keep in mind that us judges want to finish reading the stuff before we turn thirty (No offense, Led).

3. The battle scene one-shot must not be placed here in this forum but you can place them anywhere else. Wait for the results to come out, and then you can place them here.

4. Must not exceed rated R. If it is rated R, please warn us. We won’t be showing these one-shots when the results because children are reading this as well but you can place them on the forum afterwards after the results are out.

5. Gore and blood are allowed but warn us first. Like rule no.5, We won’t be showing these one-shots when the results come out because children are reading this as well but you can place them on the forum afterwards after the results are out.

6. Think of something innovative. We don’t have to have a pokemon battle inside a forest or in an arena. We don’t have to see attacks like a ‘usual’ Water Gun attack or a ‘usual' Thundershock. It can be set in a wrestling ring, on top of a building or a mountain where it’s extremely windy but think about the situation according to what environment they're in. You can also make up your own moves and attacks but you have to describe them well.

7. You cannot make up your own pokemon but you can your written have added/missing features, such as having a Rhydon with robotic arm who can shoot out beams with it or a Mr. Mime with a wrestling mask who can perform some wrestling moves.

8. Put some effort into your fics. Use your creativity and your imagination to develop your masterpiece. We don’t want to see something like this…
    Or this...
    9. It can be horror, it can be comedy, it can be romance, you can use whatever genre you want but the one-shot must be focused on the pokemon battle scene.

10. Scripts are allowed, just not bad ones.

11. Only one one-shot per entrant.

12. If you are writing a trainer battle, you can put in up to four trainers in one match only. The maximum amount of pokemon the trainers can have is six. The list below are examples but you can add more to your match, as long as it sticks to the rules.
    13. If you are writing a non-trainer battle, it would have to be pretty much the same as the trainer battles. Here’s a list of non-trainer pokemon battles but you can add more to it.
    14. You can have a trainer Vs wild pokemon as well in a battle scene as well, along with the capturing moment if you wish.

15. After you have finished your one-shot, send them to this e-mail legendarytrainer@hotmail.com or PM me and I’ll send them to the other judges.

16. Enjoy yourselves.

Deadline: 1st October 2007 4pm England time. Any other person who enters after that date will be disqualified. Don’t forget to include your username in your story.

So, those are the rules. I hope you lot will be able to write up some great stuff. Good luck and knock us dead.

Questions are now open. Give me what you got. *Beckons*

Previous asked questions before the approval (To avoid getting repeated questions... hopefully):

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. Ledian_X

Ledian_X Don Ledianni

Ya realize that's in 2 years for me? Don't make me shake my cane at you and tell ya to get off my lawn!! Kidding.

Nah, I think I'll stay outta this one anyway. Want to work on stuff. You and your jokes, B. I'll get you next time.

*shakes fist*

NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!

LX

3. IceKing

IceKing Sexorific!

Screw the children damn it

SEX AND DRUGS! SEX AND DRUGS!!!!

But yes I am very interested in this contest, I think its nice and simple and will be rather fun to write for. It's so broad though I may just collapse on myself with the thousands of possible options...Maybe you can give some specific pair-ups for those who like specifics?

Only three judges? Deviating from the typical fourth judge, I see. But at least the three judges in this contest are very reliable ones, so I don't think we'll have a judge procrastinating problem in this one.

And unless building a time machine is part of the contest...1/10/07 has passed several months ago...(just kidding)

4. Burnt Flower

Burnt Flower Horror Mistress

*glares* But yeah, I guess I did procrastinate a lot in the horror contest....*laughs sheepishly*

Meh, as much as I'd love to participate and try to kick IceKing's butt at something, I've never really liked Pokemon battles, ahaha... XD Oh well, I may or may not join this contest, but if I do, my entry would certainly be rated R.

Good luck to all participants!

5. Knightblazer

Knightblazer Memories in the Rain

Interesting idea for a contest, I must say. xD

Meh, I guess I would try a hand at this... after all, I write a whole lotta battle scenes in Midian - perhaps this can turn into another Midian-related one-shot! 8D

Knightblazer ;262;

6. Felix Feral Fezirix

Felix Feral Fezirix Densetsu no Pikachu!

It's time for the hermit to initiate rampage mode...

-pulls closet open-

Who shall I pick...?

7. Brian Random

Ledian_X: Lol. I know that you’re big fan superhero fan but I’m sure you’d do a great job.

IceKing: Hmm... maybe I could keep those R rated one-shots underneath those spoiler buttons. Specifics you want, eh? Suppose I can give a few random ideas but you can use any pokemon you want:

Rapidash Vs Houndoom
    Arbok and Steelix Vs Latias
    Venusar, Blastoise and Charizard Vs Mewtwo
    Cacnea and Seviper Vs Pichu and Pachirisu

And thanks, I’m sure the other two judges will do a good job as well. ^^

Burnt Flower: I’m sure you can make a gory battle up. Try something that would involve a scary scene. *becomes the evil conscious* You want to kick Iceking’s behind, don’t you? Go on... you know you want to... mwahahaha! XD

Knightblazer: My spider-sense is telling me that another Mewtwo/Mew masterpiece is coming up. ^^ *Claps eagerly*

Triple F: I predict a massacre or some wackiness coming... looking forward to it.

8. Demon-gamer

Demon-gamer {Elemental Paladin}

im lazy as S*** so can i write it up and then copy and paste in onto the message i send to your email? or do i have to attach?

9. Brian Random

Demon-Gamer: You can do it either way.

10. Two questions:

1. What's the deadline, really? As IceKing pointed out, 1/10/07 is already past. Where is the typo in the date? The year? The month?

2. Probably obvious, but what about a three-way battle? Like Ninjask VS Pidgeotto VS Raticate or something?

11. katiekitten

katiekitten The Compromise

Brian is British, and in England they write dates: Day/Month/Year. So 1/10/07 is the first of October, 2007. :)

I love England. :3 Nice and cool, if not a bit wet at times. XD

I'm most certainly going to enter. :3 I'm glad you got this approved! *wanders off to start thinking of ideas*

>;D

12. Bay

Bay YEAHHHHHHH

I'm game :). Hm...I think I will probably do a dramatic one. Will probably not start it until August because of summer school :X.

Well, good luck everyone!

13. Umbreon Ruler

Umbreon Ruler Swim for your life.

I'm not exactly a proffesional, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I wonder how I should do it...

14. Draco Malfoy

Draco Malfoy -REaction

Hey. Okay, I did procrastinate a tad bit but Jo-Jo was the worst offender! XP XP

My bad, I was quite the procrastinator, wasn't I? XP Well, at least you have Sike in this one. She's one of the most consistent people I ever met. XP

I might enter. Something that involves a girl and a boy and lots and LOTS of tears. XP

The one-shot's okay as long as it contains and has a main focus on the actual battle, right?

15. Guh. Should've guessed that, my dad writes dates in weird ways, I should've checked other arrangements of M/D/Y...

Now regarding a three-way battle...

16. Brian Random

Wonderous Sableye: Yeah, what Katiekitten said about the date. Sure, you can do a three-way. Keep in mind that you can have a limit of up to four trainers, or four pokemon in a non-trainer match.

Katiekitten: Hiya. What? No Pudding, Cupcake? ^^ Thanks for answering that date question for me. Good luck thinking up some fantastic stuff.

Bay: Fantastic, good woman (That’s right, I’ve checked). ^^ Hope to see an eye-opener.

Umbreon Ruler: Of course it wouldn’t! ^^ First time for everything, do your best, kid... or mate if you’re the same age or older than me.

Masterwannabe: Yep, Sike is great when it comes to spotting the good stuff at reviews and I think she’ll be a great judge. Ah, a tear-jerker, huh? And yes, as long as the one-shot is mainly focussed on the battle, everything’s good.

Wonderous Sableye: See above.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  17. katiekitten

katiekitten The Compromise

:eek: How could I forget your nickname? *headesk*

Sorry Pudding! *hugs apologetically*

>;D I'll make sure it's the best I can make it. :3

18. Dragonfree

Dragonfree Just me

I generally don't like writing Pokémon battles, but hey, one of the best one-shots I've written came from a TPM contest about writing a battle between a Kingler and a Delcatty, so I think I'll enter anyway. Something good will probably come out of it.

19. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

Yay! I'm not the only Brit on the Fan Fiction forums! ^_^

On topic, I would dearly love to give this a shot. I'm in the midst of drafting my newest fic but I love the battle scenes more than anything. People say I have a flair for them...but this was on FF.net...
    ,___,
    [o_O]
    /)__)
    -"--"-

Still, I'll give this a stab. Just need an idea.

20. purple_drake

purple_drake E/GL obsessed

*gasp* A battle contest!?! I'm so there! I even know what I'm gonna write already... I've been dying to write a Lance pokemon battle for ages. *evil grin* but you're so gonna wish you put a page limit on this... muahahaha...

Oh, a clarification: we can have up to four pokemon out at any one time, right, wild or official battle? But if there are trainers involved, they can switch out and potentially use all six of their pokemon in the battle? Plus, what if it's a trainer vs. wild pokemon match? Does the four pokemon limit still count, and if it does, can one of the wilds faint but another one jump in afterward--so it keeps up with the four-at-any-one-time limit, but uses more than three or so wilds throughout the entire battle...

....did all that make sense? @.@ I think I'm confusing myself...