• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sacrifice: Pokemon Battle Scene One-Shot Contest

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
There was at least one 'fic submitted before yours, and as I haven't gotten any from you via either Sike or Brian, I'd say your e-mail might have crapped out on you.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
There was at least one 'fic submitted before yours, and as I haven't gotten any from you via either Sike or Brian, I'd say your e-mail might have crapped out on you.

I got it; I guess I just figured that I wasn't the only one with a copy since I wasn't the first to receive the previous submission. In hindsight, I don't know how I could have let myself run with that assumption since the message was clearly sent directly to me from .:pyroken Serafoculus:. and I can't imagine why someone would send a submission to more than one judge when one judge can just send it on to the other two from there--or can, when said judge doesn't brain out like I did. D:

Negrek, Brian, I will forward it to you both right away. I apologize for my temporary loss of brain function there... ^^;

Last edited:

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Sike Saner: Got it. ^^

Also, I received another one-shot. I sent it to you guys via e-mail.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Got 'em both.

I hope all the entries coming in is giving those of you who are procrastinating the desire to get started!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
In actuality, Sir Negrek of Steel Slugs, I've nearly finished but it is long, REALLY long. It's currently at 10 pages 'cause I needed a bit of back-story and motivation as to why the battle takes place. And I'm still not done. Though at my current pace it should be finished by the deadline.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
...Um, one quick question, Brian. I am thinking of posting my battle one shot at another forum. Is it all right I can email/PM you just the link of it? ^^;;

(I think someone asked that question before o_O ).

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Doc: 10 pages of battling, eh? That ought to be something here. Mind if I put a ticking clock next to your ear while you're writing until we meet the deadline?

Bay: Yes. I have this strange feeling of deja vu fas well or some odd reason. :)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Bay: Yes. I have this strange feeling of deja vu fas well or some odd reason. :)

Well, this time you didn't get deja vu. XD

(Coughs)

Anyways Brian, did you have my email with the entry in it? Um, I sort of change my mind last minute. Decide to not post it in other forums yet (this time want my entry to be a real secret). XD

Well everyone else, good luck on your entries!

Last edited:

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Brian Powell said:
Doc: 10 pages of battling, eh? That ought to be something here. Mind if I put a ticking clock next to your ear while you're writing until we meet the deadline?

It's currently 12 pages worth of it, and there are actually two battles, though one is to give the battle purpose and the second is the main battle itself. Be warned: it is long, very long and I'm nearly finished. So long I might have to attach it to e-mail after all, but I still don't like the idea of it, and I'm not sure how long I can put the one-shot in without exceeding limits.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
THE MWB IS BACK!!!

With complimentary biscuits too. :D

After becoming a SPP ghost, abandoning Pokemon the wonders of Bleach (you WON'T believe the amount of Bleach fanfiction I've been wriiting. XD) I decided to enter this contest. Now Sikey, you should be getting an email attachment with a twenty page story-entry. XD Can't PM becuase I don't wanna devide it into stupid sections. That's just stupid.

TWENTY PAGES OF BLOOD N' GORE BABY! xD

(Blame my thirst for violence and bloodlust on my newly found Bleach addiction. XD)

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
...Damn it masterwannabe why do you have to steal my thunder with 20 pages? But I understand the Bleach obsession, it's started in the UK as well.

Brian, you should have an e-mail with a word attachment sitting in your account right about now from one "artemisarcana@hotmail" or "Jack Arcana I", I'm not sure which name will come up. If none of those names, then it should be a pretty recent one, about 12:52 or around the time here in Blighty. If I sent it through PM, then you'd have to go through about 3 or 4 different messages so I thought I'd tell you anyhow...

...if that makes sense.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Actually, I just blame violent video games. Get outside, kid! Preferably without any sharp objects!

Just kidding man. Twenty pages? I don't think B'll like that. but, w/e. It's your fic ya know. I haven't been able to work on mine. Been kind of busy.

LX

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Bay and Doc: : Yep, I got your entry and I sent them to the other judges.

MWB: I’ll await your gory entry.

Leddy: It’s alright, mate. I’ve read longer one-shots and chapters than doc’s.

And as for the rest of you, I’m going to give a little warning. You guys now have...

Less than a week left.

I repeat, you have Less than a week left.

Get them done, people! You may get something good in the end.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
I haven't been able to work on mine. Been kind of busy.

I know the feeling. Oh, do I ever know the feeling. -_-;; although my writer's block has a lot to do with it too. I've had the idea in my head for ages, I just can't get the imagery right (seriously. I've written and deleted more than I've actually finalized).

So I'm still out on whether or not I'll actually get it done... and after all those questions I asked, too... *pouts* stupid writer's block.

Arcanine Royale

Hm... I haven't been able to do anything with it yet, mostly out of laziness. But, I think I have a nice story that I want to write, and already have a draft of the beginning. So I have four days left...

katiekitten

The Compromise
xD; I have a feeling that I'll write something up the night before the contest again. I'm just all out of ideas. So expect a late night PM. :x

*joins the othe procrastinators and writing block affected people and hands out cookies*

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Just had the perfect idea.

...Propinquity, anyone? x3

Last edited:

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
Entered~! =D In case, you know, anyone cares.

This may seem off topic, but does anyone know if there any more contests planned after this one? They're such a good idea. We're probably running out of themes though...XD We should have something REALLY obscure next...oh, the thrills we could have...

Going back ON TOPIC now, come on you lot! If I can write 7 pages in two days, then you lot can too! YEAH!

We're all motivated now, amirite? AM I RIGHT?

...DX

-;157;

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Entered~! =D In case, you know, anyone cares.

This may seem off topic, but does anyone know if there any more contests planned after this one? They're such a good idea. We're probably running out of themes though...XD We should have something REALLY obscure next...oh, the thrills we could have...

Going back ON TOPIC now, come on you lot! If I can write 7 pages in two days, then you lot can too! YEAH!

We're all motivated now, amirite? AM I RIGHT?

...DX

-;157;

Well, I just got permission from Dragonfree from another Contest. Actually, I got permission quite a while ago. I just thought I should wait until this one is nearly finished before starting to contacting the potential judges, etc, etc.

What type of contest is it? Now that's a secret. XD

And I'm nearly done with my stupid story. I keep on tweaking the ending so damn much. Should be bittersweet, happy, tragic? I dunnoi. ARGH! XP

takarifan

A Weaver of Tales
Um, could the judges give us a list of the people who entered the competition? I just want to make sure who I'm up against. XP