• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sacrifice (Song lyrics/Songfic) (PG) - [Preview]

PokemonHero

I can see the future
So yeah, I got this idea a few weeks back to do a little song fic. But I wanted to do something different. I didn't want to take another song's words and modify them. But I'm not all that good with coming up with rhythms and melodies. So I decided to take a song with no lyrics and do something with that. And what did I choose? I chose one (actually two) background themes from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Now I've completed the lyrics, but I didn't want to present them by themselves. So I'm writing something that would kinda be like a music video for it. For the preview below, I've posted the first verse and chorus.

To help better understand the mood and rhythm of the song, I am providing video links to the two songs that were my main influence. Note that I will reference the songs during the fic by the names given on YouTube.

Sacrifice - This is what the verses are based on rhythm wise

Melancholy - A lighter version of the above piece, this is what the chorus is based on

So yeah, here's the preview:

Sacrifice

(Darkness. Melancholy plays in the background.)

(Fade in on a ravaged town. Fog of war hangs in the air. A teenage boy in tattered military uniform walks along the streets. He comes up to wooden cross with a white neckerchief tied to it. He sits down by the cross and buries his head in his hands.)

(Melancholy ends after one time through. Sacrifice theme comes in. Halfway through the first part of song, guitars enter, playing along with an orchestra. None of these are shown.)

(Pale ghost fades in front of boy. The ghost is about the same age as the boy. Boy looks at ghost in disbelief. It is his friend that was killed recently in a raid of the town. Sacrifice plays a second time. The ghost starts singing with the melody.)

So this is really it?
My time has finally reached its end.
And it hurts me so,
To leave, while I’m here to defend.
But as I leave I know
This world will have another say,
As it’s up to you,
To go on and save the day.
Do not,
Be afraid to fight along.
Because,
You’ve proven that you belong.

(While he's singing, the ghost is showing visions of the battle where he died to his friend. As the verse comes to an end, a bright light engulfs the two of them.)

The time is drawing near,
I guess I have to say good-bye.
Never to return,
To this world, no matter how I try.
But keep fighting on,
For success shall suffice.
After all this
My sacrifice.

(Chrous sung to the same rhythm as Melancholy. Orchestra backs off, leaving guitars and bells with the melody.)

(Bright light fades away. The boy finds himself alone in a field. Wooden crosses stand in countless rows and columns up and down the field. The boy walks amongst the crosses, lost and confused. As chorus nears the end, the ghost reappears in front of the boy, causing him to fall backward over one of the. The ghost quickly reappears behind his friend and catches him. The boy looks up at the ghost, who gives him a reassuring look.)

<End Preview>

So that's the preview. Give me your thoughts on how it is and all. Maybe suggest a better format style if you can think of one. But please, all comments and suggestions are appreciated.

SporeGames

Give to a youtuber and make a single. All this imagintion and bouncing back and fort between videos is killing me.

Last edited:

Maze

I review too!
It was a bit rough going from video to video, but I really like your idea. It's unique. Or at least, I haven't seen much like this before. I think you did pretty well at "flashing" images with succinct descriptions to keep the pace. You could hone this skill and start a new genre here at serebii!

Maze

I review too!
It was a bit rough going from video to video, but I really like your idea. It's unique. Or at least, I haven't seen much like this before. I think you did pretty well at "flashing" images with succinct descriptions to keep the pace. You could hone this skill and start a new genre here at serebii!

Maze

I review too!