• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sacrifice Team in RU

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I've always liked the idea of having a pokemon explode, or somehow bring the foe down into oblivion with its final breath, so I made a team that does that in 5 different ways. Please do not comment on abilities / items that are not yet available in Black and White. I'm assuming they will be available eventually.

Froslass@Petaya Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 4 HP

-Substitute
-Destiny Bond
-Frost Breath
-Taunt

This Froslass is built to outspeed its opponents, setting up Substitutes until it reaches low HP, and then Destiny Bonds itself (and its foe) to death. This is the lead of the team, and with Taunt and Destiny Bond, it’s built to shut down and destroy opposing leads.

Basculin@Wet Rock
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 HP, 4 Atk

-Final Gambit
-Rain Dance
-Soak
-Swagger

Final Gambit is the main move of the set, and Basculin uses it so masterfully. If the opponent seems to have reasonably low HP, or not invested in HP, I’ll take it down on the first turn with Final Gambit. Soak is a nice addition to this set, so that Final Gambit will affect ghosts. Rain Dance is good because weather can mess up some of the other strategies of the team (Focus Sash, etc.), so it’s best to clear that from the field. Swagger is to get an opponent with too much HP to switch out or hurt itself.

Lickilicky@Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk, 248 HP, 4 Def, 4 Sp Def

-Explosion
-Gyro Ball
-Eathquake
-Hammer Arm

Lickilicky explodes. That’s it. I calculated that Lickilicky’s STAB gives it the most powerful explosion of any pokemon. Even weaker Rock/Steel types won’t be able to survive this. The other moves are for type coverage.

Gastrodon@Custap Berry
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 Sp Def

-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Endure
-Memento

This Gastrodon uses Counter/Mirror Coat to defeat its first opponent, and then uses Memento to give the next pokemon up a free switch in. After the first hit, it endures, then uses Memento first with the aid of its Custap Berry.

Wartortle@Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 180 Sp Def, 76 Def

-Rapid Spin
-Foresight
-Rain Dance
-Brick Break

Wartortle, unlike the others on my team, doesn’t have a gimmick that leads to its demise. It is but a humble Rapid Spinner, but with Eviolite, it has the potential to be really bulky. I gave it Foresight so that it has the potential to Rapid Spin even on ghosts. Brick Break can also help, bringing down Reflect and Light Screen.

Dwebble@Liechi Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

-Shell Smash
-Rock Wrecker
-Flail
-Earthquake

Yes, this could be a Crustle, but I just like the idea of annihilating the foe with a Dwebble. It survives with Sturdy, uses Shell Smash, and then sweeps. It’s self-destructive because it has the option of dealing enormous amounts of damage with Rock Wrecker, and KOing itself at the same time.