1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sacrilege [R]

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Games' started by GoldenHouou, Feb 6, 2019.

1. GoldenHouou

GoldenHouou your deadman

Michel Lefèbvre & Ho-Oh
    Slowpoke Well, Johto

In retrospect, maybe he shouldn't have told his doomsday dream to a voice in his head - and then let it lead him to an impromptu trek to a creepy ol' cave. He had kind of set himself up for trouble with that one.

He had not expected to be transferred to some psychedelic dreamspace and be bossed around by a talking corpse-kid, though. That was a bit much. He had signed up for precisely none of that.

'So you finally decide to awaken? Get up, you're a disgrace.'

Up? ... Oh. Right. He was lying down.

Ever so slowly, Michel started to grow a little more aware of his surroundings. He realized that there was a strange weight on his back, and that his bare chest was pressed against uncomfortably cold stone. His left shoe was taking in water at an alarming rate, and someone - or something - was slapping the living crap out of his face. His vision was still a little blurry, and his sunglasses did not help give clarity to his assaulter - but he was pretty sure it was a certain Smoochum by the name of Bisou. She was probably trying to wake him up. He appreciated the sentiment, but at this rate she'd knock him unconscious again. He should probably tell her that - and get up, while he was at it. But that would mean acknowledging that this crazy mission of stopping the storm and saving the world and whatnot wasn't just some drunken dream, and he was one hundred percent not ready for that. Then again... lying in an undisclosed location forever wasn't really a solid plan, either - and the weight on his back had somehow multiplied by now, to a point where breathing was a chore.

Michel sighed.

"Alright girl, alright..." he mumbled in his usual carefree tone, gently placing a lazy hand on Bisou's head. She immediately stopped slapping him - and practically launched herself at his face instead, clinging onto it as if afraid it'd disappear. It took a while to peel her off so he could actually see where he was. Not that there was much to see, really; the cave he'd been in earlier had simply been replaced by another, this one much smaller and far more cramped. The ceiling was lower, there was only one apparent path to walk upon, and most importantly of all, it was packed with--

"Slow? Pooooke...."

Yeah, those.

Turned out that they were the source of the weight on his back, too; a pile of drowsy Slowpoke, yawning away as they slowly crushed his spine. Michel quickly brushed them off, slipping to stand before they could pile onto him again.

"I should call sis, let her know I found her friends," Michel mused as he rescued his foot from a puddle. Yikes. That was one ruined shoe.

It was then, as he momentarily removed his sunglasses to wipe them off, that he realized he wasn't alone. A little distance from him, five others were engaged in conversation. He saw the the two dudes he'd interrupted in the cave earlier, but more importantly-- he also saw two cute girls. A toned brunette with olive skin and a pale redhead with a touch of freckles. Hey now, maybe this whole world saving business wasn't so bad after all. A'ight, count him in! With a grin, Michel pushed his sunglasses back onto the bridge of his nose. Either he was blissfully unaware of how tacky they looked in a dark well, or did not give a damn. Either option was just as likely, really, and somewhere in his head, Ho-Oh would have rolled his eyes had he been in possession of any.

Michel was just about to slide his way over, when the pink man from earlier cut off his path.

"What about you big boy? Do you have anything to add to this discussion?"

"A dude calling me big? Now that's a first. Usually it's the ladies that tell me that - and for a reason." Michel gave the two girls such an exaggerated wink that one could infer it even from behind the shades. Then he turned back to the guy as if it was a chore. "For the discussion, I could add my name." He grinned. "Now that's as a valuable a contribution as they come."

Yeah. Truth be told, he--- had no idea what discussion the guy was referring to. Ho-Oh seemed to take notice of that fact.

'...Were you not listening?'

'I was kind of preoccupied by being, y'know, unconscious.'

'Typical.'

Ho-Oh yanked Michel's body once more, practically tearing off the glasses and shoving them in a pocket. He glanced at Xerneas's host, and then the rest of the people present. He was glad to see that so many others had survived, and yet-- among the introductions, he had not heard the names he'd hoped to hear the most.

"Pardon the human, I've yet to manage teaching him manners. I am Ho-Oh, and I concur with the little one," he nodded towards Shaymin's host. "While rest is no doubt tempting, we've no time to sit idle. There is no telling when this weather will cease, and whether it will be followed by clear skies or something even worse. With that said, I would not rush into the enemy's lair without due preparation." He turned to Hoopa's host. He did not know much about the legendary in question - but though what he had heard was not entirely positive, the human's words had piqued his interest. "Reconnaissance would be much obliged. It--"

Before he could finish, the entire well shook with a powerful rumble from above. It felt like an earthquake, yet it happened somewhere far above them. Whatever it was, the Slowpoke seemed startled by it; some huddled together for safety, some hid behind the humans' legs - while others seemed completely unaware that anything was amiss at all. Bisou nuzzled into her trainer's neck, but Ho-Oh didn't seem to notice. He was busy glaring towards the entrance of the well as if trying to assess what had happened.

"We'd best not linger for long."
    He turned back to look at the others, expectantly.

'Y'know, you never gave my name.'

'A deliberate oversight.'

~~~​

Dragonspiral Tower, Unova

The Mienfoo that were still standing recoiled away from the two humans, their short fur bristled.

"See"
    , one of them hissed in Pokémon tongue, intangible to the humans - but not the legendaries within them. "They're monsters, the lot of them! He was right!"

Two others joined the first Mienfoo, the smallest of them throwing worried glances at their fallen brethren. "We can't just leave them at the humans' mercy", it argued, a hint of desperation in its voice. "There's no telling what they'll do."

The first one, the biggest and angriest, took a few steps away. "I know. But we can't do anything for them now. We can't beat the humans. You saw what they did! All we can do is tell him. He'll save them."

The two others turned to follow their apparent leader with heavy hearts, all three dashing down the stairs as fast as their little legs would take them.

~​

Somewhere in the vast forest that surrounded the tower, a lone finger of smoke rose to the sky. It was difficult to tell what it was from such a distance, but it did not seem like a forest fire. Whether that was a good thing or bad, none could say.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Lucia Marrero / Suicune
    Ecruteak City

Immediately after Suicune spoke, the boy's hair and eye colour changed dramatically. Lucia watched through Suicune's eyes, shocked as she quickly realized the boy must also be housing a legendary pokemon. Her shock doubled as the boy introduced himself as Raikou. Suicune's eyes widened, then -

They were falling. Hana left her arms and returned to her pokeball. Lucia felt her consciousness be forced back into her body. She squeezed her eyes shut and braced herself for an impact that never came. She slowly opened one eye in confusion, then blinked several times as she took in what was somehow everything and nothing at the same time. Colours swirled indiscriminately around them. And then a familiar voice spoke - the one from Lucia's dream.

'Where is this...?'

Lucia ignored the question, which she was pretty sure was rhetorical anyways, in favour of listening intently to the voice. Darkrai. Possessing what looked like the body of a very, very disturbed child. Lucia stared, frightened, but unable to look away. They weren't the only two in the strange area either - others floated around, and Lucia could only assume they were just as confused as she was.

'That voice... Ho-oh...?'

Darkrai went on to talk about splitting them into two groups, and then -

Dragonspiral Tower

They were teleported to the top of a tower with a dizzyingly high view of the forests below. Having never left Johto, Lucia didn't immediately recognize the area. Everything seemed strangely quiet for a moment. She was so used to Suicune chattering his opinions nonstop in her head that the lack of conversation was unnerving.

Her only warning was rapid footsteps, then somebody was directly in front of her. Lucia flinched, startled. “Please, tell me who you are." Lucia stared wide-eyed at the boy who had rushed over to her. She quickly recognized him from the tower - Raikou. "Are you with one of my brothers? I couldn’t be certain when we first saw you, but please, I have to know.”

She grabbed her hands and bowed his head. Lucia hesitated awkwardly. "...I-I... yes, I..." Lucia stuttered, not prepared to speak as she'd expected Suicune to immediately take control. He spoke of Ho-oh, Raikou, and Entei nearly every night, wondering if they were okay, or if they had something to do with the odd weather patterns that Johto had been experiencing.

Then her eyes turned blue and her arms flung around the boy's shoulders. "Raikou!" Suicune cried, in a voice several registers deeper than a few moments ago. "Oh thank the heavens, my brother, you're all right...!" He sniffed and wiped at his eyes, then clapped the boy on the back with a weak grin. He had to look up due to Lucia's height, something that Lucia knew would embarrass him. "It's me, Suicune! Ah, I must apologize for my appearance. My host is a tad emotional sometimes." Lucia felt a twinge of annoyance at that excuse - those tears were all him, and he knew it. "But we have been granted young healthy bodies and that is the important thing! I don't suppose you've heard anything from Entei or Ho-oh...?" he asked hopefully.

There was a pokemon roar, and Lucia still managed to internally jump even though she wasn't in control of her body. Suicune merely looked up, as if curious. "What's going on over there..?"

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. Skillfulness

Skillfulness Well-Known Member

Cam / Mew
    Slowpoke Well -> Slowpoke Well: Surface

Cam nodded to each person’s introduction and suggestion. It seemed the tired man was Jack paired with Hoopa and an ability for scouting. The pink man was Liam connected to Xerneas with a speciality in fairy-type Pokemon and gym experience. The girl was Kay with Shaymin. The last person only introduced their self as Ho-oh which was slightly odd, though he had winked at her earlier to which she simply rolled her eyes. She wasn’t completely familiar with all the legendary Pokemon as they were introduced, but she has at least heard of all of them.

They’re all very good Pokemon Cam, I trust them all! Mew called out to her.

Thank you for the opinion Mew, she though back distractedly, thinking about the next best action to take. There did seem to be advantages and disadvantages to whatever they decided to do, but she believed the right decision would be to move forward.

"Reconnaissance would be much obliged. It--" Ho-oh stopped speaking as a tremor ran through the whole cave. The Slowpoke all started waddling in panic and crying out in protest. One gripped tightly to Cams leg and she gave it a small pat before removing it gently. The tremor stopped, but she didn’t feel very confident about what else it could mean.

“I think that time is of the essence, unfortunately,” she said, agreeing with Ho-oh. “I’ll take a look outside and see what the situation looks like and we can decide from there.” Cam jogged over to the hole in the ceiling and released Nanners. She also slipped into a poncho she pulled out from her backpack, she wasn’t looking forward to getting wet.

“Hey buddy, we gotta be quick, things aren't too great right now.” She hopped over his wings and they launched into the air, into the rain. He took them above the treeline so they would be able to see Union Cave where the Ruins of Alph hid. Unfortunately, the rain was so heavy it was difficult to see. She wasn’t able to make out any details, not even the vague shape of a cave entrance. She returned to the ground and released all her Pokemon to give a quick debriefing on the situation. For the time, she decided to leave her Absol, Sol out with her to be on guard for any danger.

“Alright, it looks safe up here!” Cam shouted down the well. “I wasn’t able to make out anything to the east though, the rain is too heavy! We should all get up here and either go to the Pokemon Center or start going towards the ruins, come on!” She sent Tropius back down for anyone who would need a lift out and gave Sol a pet on the head while she waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walter / Raikou
    Dragonspiral Tower -> Dragonspiral Tower: Base

The girl hesitated and tried to start a sentence. It only took a second though for her eyes to change color and Raikou was instantly in her (his?) embrace.

"Raikou! Oh thank the heavens, my brother, you're all right...!" Walter felt a bit more at ease now that the legendary Pokemon had taken over for her. Though he had hoped to be introduced to the girl as well, at least Raikou and this Pokemon knew each other. "It's me, Suicune! Ah, I must apologize for my appearance. My host is a tad emotional sometimes. But we have been granted young healthy bodies and that is the important thing! I don't suppose you've heard anything from Entei or Ho-oh...?"

“Oh Suicune, it is so good to hear from you again!” He returned the hug in earnest and felt a few tears welling in his own eyes. Walter felt that Raikou was relieved and comforted in this moment. It was a somewhat drastic change from his usual outgoing and confident demeanor. The Burnt Tower seemed to have had an effect on him too though, perhaps he could ask about an explanation for that later. “Unfortunately I have not heard from Entei or Ho-oh; we can only hope they too have been able to fend for their own. I believe they will pull through and we will see them at the end of this. I am so, so glad to see you again brother. Knowin-”

He was cut off by a Pokemon roar and the two of them turned towards it. Another boy was beside them, looking out the window, and Walter thought he had heard him speak, but couldn’t be sure. Raikou, do you see anything out the window? Walter asked out of curiosity.

Hmmm, since you mentioned it, I believe that’s a pillar of smoke out in the distance. Would you mind if I continued control for a while? There was a plea to his tone that Walter could sense. It wasn’t desperate, but it was heartfelt and he couldn’t deny it.

Go ahead, I don’t think I’ll be much use anyway. Just make sure you get to introduce me at some point, Raikou.

“Ha!” he laughed aloud. “My human companion Walter says hello, and I believe it’s time we got moving, both of you, Suicune and young boy! I spot smoke on the horizon and a battle to be fought, let’s go!” Raikou took off at a quick jog towards the stairs where some of the others ran towards. There was a lingering mist in the air where a girl and tired boy stood.

“Come you two, we have to descend the tower and confront the challenge ahead of us. No time to waste!” He bounded past them and continued down the next set of stairs. It was surprisingly void of wild Pokemon, as if they had been warned about a powerful group of people so they all fled. It was easy to traverse the floors and reach the bottom where Raikou finally stopped for a moment to catch his breath.

Ah, this is so invigorating Walter! I know one of my brothers is safe and here with me. I cannot help but feel excited for this confrontation.

Well, that makes one of us…

Then do not worry, I will keep us and Suicune safe, as well as the others in our strange group. He turned back to the tower to check if they had followed him. While it seemed the tower was empty of aggressive Pokemon, Walter wasn’t so sure the vast forest in front of them would be so easy to get through. The smoke worried him too. Hopefully they wouldn’t be too late to help the people in that town.

4. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

Liam Anwell and Xerneas
    Slowpoke Well > Slowpoke Well: Surface

"Of course... This guy is straight..." Liam sighed. "Eh, whatever he's still hot though."

Liam you do realize that's Ho-Oh you are referring to? I suggest that you leave him be.

Before Liam could say anything, a tremor ran through the whole cave. Some of the Slowpoke all started panicking, while others.... didn't notice anything was happening. That baby Slowpoke Boo and Swirly were playing with had latched itself to Liam's leg and cried out in fear. Boo also latched on to Liam's leg, and was fearful. Swirly on the other hand didn't seem all that bothered by the Earthquake. He just danced around happily as he often does.

“Ok, you two. Back to your balls before something else happens.” Liam recalled his two Pokémon back into their balls, much to Xerneas’ disappointment.

“I think that time is of the essence, unfortunately,” Cam said. “I’ll take a look outside and see what the situation looks like and we can decide from there.” Then she brought out a Tropius, and flew out of the well.

"Do I really have to go up there and get wet though?" Liam wondered out loud. "I mean... there's a hurricane outside..."

'There are more important issues at hand than whether your clothes get wet... Besides, don't you have one of those things that keep you dry when it's raining? Like Mew's host did...'

"Yeah but..." Liam reached into his backpack, and pulled out his pink rain poncho. "There's a lot of wind out there. I'm still gonna get wet..."

If Xerneas had eyes, he would have rolled them again.

Liam turned his attention to the guy that hosted Ho-Oh. "I can't imagine how you're gonna deal with this rain. Being a Fire bird and all that. Can't imagine the guy who's body your uh... borrowing likes it much either. Considering the ensemble he chose to wear."

“Alright, it looks safe up here!” Cam shouted down the well. “I wasn’t able to make out anything to the east though, the rain is too heavy! We should all get up here and either go to the Pokemon Center or start going towards the ruins, come on!”

"Welp, time to fly. Good luck Mr. Oh, and friend!" And then he proceeded to do exactly what Xerneas told him not to do, and gave the other human a hug.

'Liam!' Xerneas shouted internally.

"Your human friend is very attractive." Liam said with a grin and a wink. Next, he put on his rain poncho, and sent out Gabriel the Togekiss.

The jubilee Pokemon cooed. He was happy to be out of the ball, and get a chance to stretch his wings.

Liam petted Gabriel's head. "Hey boy! It looks like we got work to do..." With that, he stood on his Togekiss' back, and grabbed on to two of his head feathers. Then they launched into the air, out of the well, and into the pouring rain.

Liam and Gabriel hovered in the air, near where Cam and her Absol were standing. "I don't care where we go. Just get us somewhere dry, pleeeeeease!" Not only was he being pelted with rain, but the wind was howling. His rain poncho blew all over, causing his clothes to get wet anyway. Great...

5. GoldenHouou

GoldenHouou your deadman

Team Ruins of Alph
    Slowpoke Well -> Union Cave

Alarmed by a concerning rumble from above, the group decided to make a hasty exit from the well. The ladder that had once aided people's ascent had long since been lost to a storm, but none of the trainers were without alternatives. Some had Pokémon that could fly, while others could do so themselves, blessed by the powers of their respective legendary.

The moment they emerged, the full scale of the disastrous weather became clear.

Azalea Town had always been a quaint little place, lacking in visitors but overflowing with atmosphere. Now, it seemed like a painting; lifeless and absolutely still. Abandoned buildings were buried under piles upon piles of snow, and the street leading up to Ilex Forest looked like a frozen river - one could still see the direction the storm water had flowed prior to being met with subzero temperatures.

Presumably, most of the citizens had fled before the brunt of the blizzard had hit. For those that had not, there was nothing to be done now. The only way to help was to confront the source of the storm. Whatever it may be, it should be found at the Ruins of Alph; a difficult trek to the north, doubly so when accounting for the weather. Though there was no snowfall to speak of at the moment, the air was freezing and wind brought with it a chill. A quick glance around was enough to spell out what the rumble had been; a small avalanche had crashed down onto the forest from the Union Mountain. Above, dark clouds heralded another storm. Whether it would be one of thunder or snow, it was difficult to tell.

It's been almost an hour since.

Which direction the storm has developed, none among the group know. It's been a while since any of them has seen the sky; the entrance to Union Cave is far behind them, and the exit nowhere in sight. The icy fog that fills the cave has brought visibility close to zero, and the frozen cave floor has made advancing at a steady speed a daunting task. Then there are the giant icicles looming above, their sharp tips barely piercing through the fog. Their silent presence promises pain should they be made to fall; a fact that encourages the party to speak in hushed whispers.

Worse, it's started to feel as though the group isn't alone.

Some are painfully aware of it, while others have yet to pay it any mind; the feeling of being watched by someone, somewhere, for some purpose. It's difficult to tell whether it's just wild Pokémon warily watching them pass by, or something - someone - with a much more sinister purpose. Perhaps it's neither - mayhaps it's just their imagination. Walking without proper sight for long periods of time tends to do that to you: when you don't see anything, you start to feel as though everything else sees you. It might be wise to hold hands, or at the very least stick close enough together to ensure no one loses their way. There's no telling what might find them.

And yet, there is no turning back now. The only way to go is forth, carefully navigating past frosted stalagmites, sliding across frozen pools and trying not to give in to the cold that tries to rattle their bones. An increasingly difficult task, the group has found; it feels as though the air has grown more and more frigid of late, to an almost unbearable degree.

And that is definitely not just their imagination.

~~~​

Team Anville Town
    Dragonspiral Tower -> Anville Forest

The descend from Dragonspiral Tower was tiring, if relatively uneventful. Every now and again the group spied a wild Pokémon out of the corner of their eye, silently glaring at the advancing group from the safety of shadows. A few'd had a clearly hostile glint in their eye, watching every step with the intensity of a predator out on a prowl. Yet, despite their apparent malice, none ever dared venture any closer. No doubt they'd borne witness to the fate of the Mienfoo that had recklessly challenged these strange humans, and were hesitant to meet the same fate.

Said Mienfoo themselves had long since disappeared, scurrying down the seemingly endless stairs with far more haste than the humans were capable of. With no one to give pursuit, it could be assumed they'd run off to report to whomever it was they'd called 'He'. Who that someone was, it was difficult to say. It was likely the party would find out eventually, whether they wished to or not.

The further down the group descended, the more rugged the steps became, suggesting the lower floors had seen more use than those at the top. Every now and again a few pebbles gave way under the group's steps, punishing those that moved with excess haste. But though caution was imperative, outside every window they passed, the group saw a reminder of why they should not linger, either; the smoke in the distance. What had started as a thin finger had turned into a sizeable plume. Something was still afoot.

So, once the group took their final step down the tower, it was clear they had no time for the rest. Sore as their feet might've been, their next destination was clear and their departure imminent.

As it soon turned out, it was much more difficult to follow the smoke from within the forest proper. The deeper they ventured, the denser the thicket became. At times, the tall trees blocked out most of the sky, casting long, distorted shadows to dance upon the group's turned backs. The longer they walked in the makeshift twilight, the more difficult it was to judge the passage of time. Had their Pokégear not told them otherwise, it would've been easy to mistake the temporary darkness for an early dusk.

Then there were the detours the group was forced to take. Some trees grew so close together that they practically formed walls of intertwined branches. Such instances became increasingly common the longer the group walked, to a point that seemed unnerving - disturbing, even. It seemed, for a lack of a better word, unnatural. Or perhaps it was the other way around; perhaps it was nature itself that tried to deny them passage. A curiosity, that; one would've assumed it was hostile Pokémon that gave them trouble, yet for the longest time, they'd seen none. At the start of their journey, the silence had been broken by the occasional rustle, snap or patter. Now, everything was silent as a grave.

For the past few minutes, even the sound of the group's own footsteps has disappeared, as their advance has slowed down to a halt. From what they last saw of the sky, they believe they're fairly close to the source of the smoke, yet it's impossible to tell now. The trees are tall and the thicket overgrown. Another row of trees forms a makeshift blockade in front of them. They cannot pass without force.

Come to think of it, doesn't the way they came from seem a little denser than before, as well?

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
    For both teams, feel free to interact with the environment, try to find out a solution to one of the problems you're facing, or just, y'know, bitch at each other about it and try to move on. I'll be posting smaller responses to whatever you guys do accordingly, and will get my own post up after a few responses.

6. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Kay & Shaymin
    Kit (Skitty - M), Nocturne (A. Meowth - M), & Blaze (Litten - F)
    Johto (Azalea Town, Slowpoke Well) >>> Union Cave

“Yeah, I suppose that's true,” admitted Kay as Shaymin returned control of her body to her. Then a guy who seemed to have a heavy aura introduced himself only as Ho-Oh, before agreeing with Shaymin and Hoopa. It was clearly time to go, but they should be cautious. But suddenly a tremor rocked the cave, startling the slowpoke, and well Kay and Shaymin, and probably most the rest of the group.

'What's now?' cried Shaymin while Kay caught a falling slowpoke. She held the distraught pokemon to her shoulder like a small child and patted it's back, as she watched Cam get on her tropius to check out what things were like outside. Meanwhile Liam complained about the rain, as if that was important right now. After a moment she shouted down the all clear, though it was a little hard to hear over the storm and crowd of complaining slowpoke. And with that Liam was the first released his togekiss to fly him out of the cave.

Kay pursed her lips, as she let the now calm slowpoke down. She knew neither skitty, litten, nor meowth were going to be much help getting her out of here. Plan B then, she needed to accept help. So, reluctantly she approached the tropius, “Hey buddy, you can get us out of here, right?”

Topside they found themselves in the mists of a hurricane turned blizzard. Kay took a deep breath, stating the obvious softly, “Well, this doesn't look good.”

A rough trek later found them in the chilly Union Cave. Kay huffed, blew into her fists to heat up her fingers a little, and rubbed her upper arms. She figured she should have packed with more then time anomalies in mind, but she supposed it could be worse, she could could be dressed for a day at the beach. At least she'd had a second shirt to put on.

She paused a moment and retrieved Blaze's pokeball from her bag. The small fire cat pokemon looked up at her curiously, then at the cave around them. Kay chuckled and leaned forward to pick her up, holding the warm pokemon close. Blaze didn't really seem to get what was going on, but accepted it as an alternative to standing on the frozen floor. Then as Kay cautiously slid across an icy spot in the cave she heard shaymin's voice in her head, 'Kay?'

“Yeah buddy?” she whispered back. Shaymin sounded nervous, 'Something feels off.'

“You mean the fact that there's not supposed to be icicles or fog in this cave?” asked Kay, trying to concentrate on not falling, which could injure both her and Blaze. Blaze squirmed out of her arms and climbed up onto her shoulder, looking around again with her mismatched eyes. Shaymin groaned. Kay sighed, “Look, I'm sorry, I just don't know what you expect me to do. . .”

7. Skillfulness

Cam / Mew
    Union Cave

Eventually they got their group safely out of the well and outside into the bitter cold. It was shocking how quickly the weather had turned and it was worrying to think about what it meant regarding their mission. This natural disaster had to be connected with the legendaries and Team Rocket. Cam tried not to linger on her thoughts too long, lest she become overcome with grief or rage. It was difficult to stay focused though as the group quietly traversed the snowy, icy cave.

Her Ampharos, Sir Ros, was beside her, tail lit to bathe the cave in a warm glow. It helped keep the cold at bay just a bit, but it was still unnatural how Cam could see her breath with every step. The darkness was also thick and it made the cold harder to bear. Thankfully she had two electric types that could provide light in a pinch as well as a couple flashlights from her survival stocked backpack. There was something else that made her feel uneasy though, and she couldn’t figure out what it was.

Mew, can you, uh, sense anything? Cam glanced back to make sure the rest of the group wasn’t too far away. She didn’t want them falling too far behind… nor her wandering too far ahead.

Hmmmm, I feel something. Nothing concrete, but it feels like we are being watched. I’m not entirely sure, but it feels dangerous. Please be careful. Mew’s tone was serious and it made Cam anxious. Mew had been happy-go-lucky the entire time up to this point. If she was getting serious now, something had to be very wrong.

“Guys, I think we need to stop for a minute, regroup.” Cam stopped near the front and turned around. She had heard Kay whispering and figured it might be time for a break. Maybe sitting down for a minute would help them feel more relaxed. Plus, someone might have something important to share and they were just waiting for an opportunity to say something.

Reaching for the Pokeball at her belt Cam released Sear, her trusty Arcanine, and gave her a scratch under the chin. “We might want to warm up a bit too. Sear here can make some flames for us to stand around. Does anyone else have Pokemon that could help us stay warm? I have one extra jacket as well if anyone is seriously chilled.” She had a sudden thought that she might be sounding too bossy and cringed internally. Quickly pushing the thought away, she focused again on their survival and the mission ahead. Their group, along with the others they met with Darkrai, may be the only people in the world capable of putting an end to this worldwide disaster.

8. Monster Guy

Liam Anwell and Xerneas
    Union Cave

Eventually, the group made it out of the well. It seemed that they had traded one problem for another. Now they were in Union Cave, and it was freezing cold. Liam clutched himself for warmth, and shivered, but it didn’t really do much good. Xerneas also felt like something was watching them. It was just a feeling he had, nothing concrete, and nothing could be done about it, so he kept his feeling to himself. Liam was more concerned about not getting frostbite.

Cam announced they should stop and regroup. During their regrouping time, a few of them sent out their Pokémon to keep them warm. Great, of all the times to not have a fire type Pokémon! Liam thought. “Xerneas, why hasn’t a Fire/Fairy type Pokémon been discovered yet?”

‘You’ll have to ask Arceus that...’

For a moment, he considered using Gabriel’s feathers for warmth, but quickly decided against it. Poor Gabe would probably freeze out here too. He was not going to expose his Pokémon to that.

Then he looked at Michel. Sweet handsome Michel. That guy had Ho-Oh inside of him. He probably had body heat to spare... Then, a mischievous grin appeared on Liam’s face, and he ran up to the purple haired man, threw his arms around him, and hugged him tightly.

‘Ack, Liam! What are you doing?!’

“Relax Xerneas! I’m just trying to keep warm. If that involves cuddling with a hot guy, that’s even better!” He said as he nuzzled his head against Michel’s chest.

Tim Wolfe and Kyurem
    Anville Forest

The group made their way down a long flight of stairs. After that initial incident with the Mienfoo, they hadn’t been bothered by a single wild Pokémon attack. Kyurem was very aware that the hostile Pokémon were nearby. He had heard what those wild Mienfoo had said as they ran off. Now he was constantly on alert.

The walk down was both uneventful, and nerve wracking at the same time. Tim didn’t mind the quiet. These people were complete strangers, and having random conversations with people he didn’t know wasn’t his strong suit. He was perfectly fine walking down the stairs in silence while petting his Rockruff. The nerve wracking part was walking down the rickety old stairs. Every time he stepped he the floor creaked, and he was worried the floor beneath him would break, and he would fall to his death.

Finally, they made it outside, into the forest. They could see a plume of smoke blowing in the distance, which Tim figured was their destination. To get there, they had to navigate through a thick forest of trees.

Kyurem wasn’t the least bit amused. After spending some time walking, and seeing nothing but tree after tree again again, he got frustrated. Kyurem forcefully took control of Tim’s body. “I’m getting tired of all these trees!” Kyurem roared. He fired an Ice Beam out of Tim’s hands, and froze a the tree in front of him.

Meanwhile, Rocky barked loudly at the legendary Pokémon that had taken over his owner’s body. “Ruff ruff!” Which added to Kyurem’s frustration.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  9. Vern

Vern Why not both?

Jack Donovan & Hoopa
    Union Cave

Jack drew his coat tighter around himself as he moved through the cave, glancing warily around. There was a strange, unsettling feeling running through his body, like they were being watched, even hunted. Cordelia walked besides him, conjuring up little balls of flame (Will o Wisps) that hovered between the two of them and, along with Cam’s Ampharos, provided some light in the darkness.

We are not alone. Hoopa said, uncharacteristically grave.

“Yeah, I noticed.” Jack sighed in response, fighting down a yawn and rubbing his eyes. The lack of sleep was getting to him, and that was the last thing he wanted.

“Guys,” Cam (or was it Mew?) said, “I think we should stop for a minute, regroup.” She also suggested anyone with any fire type Pokémon provide some sort of warmth, and offered a jacket.

You should take that jacket. It’s my body you’re freezing to death here.”

“No.” Jack whispered back, annoyed, “We already have a god damn jacket.” He didn’t bother responding to the legendary‘s use of the phrase ‘my body’ — that was an argument they’d already had far too many times.

Sitting down on the floor besides Cam, he watched as Liam tackled Ho-oh (what was the guy’s name? Did he even mention it?) in a hug.

You should join in.

“Piss off.” He groaned. Realising that he’d spoken too loud, he glanced up at Cam and gave a strained laugh. “Sorry, that wasn’t directed at you.”

Cordelia made a Gardevoir noise and floated one of her will-o-wisps closer to Cam, providing a tiny bit of extra warmth.

10. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Lucia Marrero / Suicune

Suicune gave Lucia control of her body back abruptly as soon as Raikou left them. She followed the group quickly, her eyes darting nervously to the growling wild pokemon that muttered and stared at them cautiously from the shadows. 'Suicune...?'

'Can you believe it? One of my brothers is safe! This is truly fortunate, I - '

HISSSSS -

'Suicune?!'

'Oh don't mind them, harmless little things, those.'

Unconvinced, Lucia stuck close to Walter and another boy whom she assumed must also be housing a legendary pokemon, but she now felt she'd waited too long to ask his name, so just awkwardly went off that assumption as they descended the stairs. Suicune's confidence seemed on point at least, as the wild pokemon miraculously left them alone the entire way out of the tower. Lucia didn't know the reason why, but she breathed a sigh of relief when they finally exited the tower, but it was quickly clear that they weren't out of the woods yet (literally). Lucia followed the group, which was following the odd smoke, into a forest. It quickly got dark, and the eerie atmosphere combined with the scuttling of pokemon in the background had Lucia on edge.

She lagged behind the group - but not too far behind, paranoid of something targeting her - her eyes large and struggling to see much amidst the smoke and darkness -

"I'M GETTING TIRED OF ALL THESE TREES!"

Lucia yelped and stumbled backwards as an ice beam froze a tree just in front of them. Suicune took control with an angry rush of rain and strutted over to the boy, brow furrowed. "I thank you not to bring harm to this forest, especially not while we're walking in it!" he scolded, and Lucia felt a rush of 'oh no, not this again' embarrassment. "Perhaps let your human navigate for now. He seemed like a sweet child. Ah, Lucia, why don't you introduce yourself? I don't think you did that yet."

Suicune abruptly swapped consciousnesses again, leaving Lucia to blink awkwardly at the psychotic angry legendary that was attacking the evil dark forest. "Uhh..." her voice trembled, for once wishing Suicune would just handle this one himself. "Please don't freeze me - Suicune just really likes trees - I'm sorry mister... um, legendary pokemon," she said quickly, her words almost tumbling together until she stumbled at his name.

11. GoldenHouou

GoldenHouou your deadman

Michel Lefèbvre & Ho-Oh
    Union Cave, Johto

Why, why did it have to be so cold? Why couldn't the weather anomalies have produced a heatwave? At least that'd be easier to handle - and get shelter from. Heck, he would've even preferred the storm from earlier. Seriously, Michel hated the cold, mostly because he was... not at all appropriately dressed for the occasion. He'd begrudgingly closed his jacket a while ago, but the thin fabric did not offer much protection against the elements. His pants weren't much better, and his shoes - especially the one he'd gotten wet down in the well were the worst of them all.

"So, you know," Michel drawled, trying to run his hands up and down his arms to gain some feeling back to them. Though he sounded carefree still, his tone was laced with mild annoyance - probably due to having to compromise his style so severely. Even his sunglasses hung abandoned from his collar. "You'd think having a fire bird nest inside your brain would give some kinda... I dunno, insulance? Central heating? Mental bonfire?" he sighed, "Can't you just set yourself on fire?!"

"I can," came the answer in his head, clearly not too concerned with the conversation.

"You can?" Michel breathed in disbelief. "Then uh-- why aren't you on it?"

"Because I would loathe to see those fall," Ho-Oh had no hands to point with, but Michel knew to direct his gaze upwards at the looming icicles, only partly illuminated by the few light sources the group had. What little could be seen of them already seemed big enough to cause serious injury. Oh. Hm. The guy had a point.

"Besides, I'm quite cozy."

"Oh. Oh, well, as long as his holy birdness is fine, then I gue--- wh-whoa?!"

Michel took a few stumbling steps backwards when a sudden weight collided with his chest. At first, he thought it was something from the shadows, since Ho-Oh had mentioned feeling as if though they were watched, but--- but, no. It was no monster - it was a person, nuzzling into his chest.

Too bad it was the wrong gender.

"H-hey, buddy, I know I've got a damn fine chest under that, but you're crumpling my poor shirt," as he spoke, Michel tried desperately to peel the other away. "Just cause we're all some justice crusaders right now doesn't mean we gotta be that close, I'm--"

"Warm," Ho-Oh finished. "It is not to an extreme degree, but thanks to me, you do release more warmth than is normal."

Michel gave pause at that. ... What? Then how the hell did he feel so cold? How was that fair?!

"... You're amused by this, aren't you."

"Quite."

Before Michel could retort, Ho-Oh took over with a snap. His body heat flared, and his back turned straighter, as if the cold did not bother him as much as it had his host. He begun to stride over to Mew's host, seemingly unperturbed by Liam still clinging onto him.

"Once again, I concur. However, while stopping to regroup and gather our wits seems like a sensible course of action, I would advise against actually sitting. The ground is quite frigid, and warmth is best retained when standing." Cam had chosen quite a fine spot to stop he noticed, in an area where icicles did not loom above. Perhaps here, it would be safe to introduce a bigger heat source.

Ho-Oh extended a hand past Liam's head, and flames burst into being upon it. "Let us start with a headcount. Is anyone missing?"

He let his gaze wander over the group, brows slowly furrowing. Morgan was nowhere in sight. "... It seems we have lost one."

At what point, or where, he could not tell. The fog behind them was thick, and the cave silent. Until--

What sounded like a shout echoed from somewhere within the cave. It was difficult to tell whether it came from ahead or behind, or from how far. But it certainly sounded anguished.

"Creeeepy," Michel chimed in, as if it was at all necessary.

~~~​

Team Anville Town
    Anville Forest

While the group was caught up in conversation, the trees that blocked their path begun to ever so slowly edge towards them. It started near the one Kyurem had frozen, almost as if the trees were trying to distance themselves from their frosted brethren - or avenge it. In a moment's time, it looked as though the whole forest was moving. The highest trees bent down to start forming a makeshift roof above, threatening to blot out what little light still managed to filter through. The smaller trees that surrounded the immediate vicinity of the group had quite literally begun to walk closer, their branches spread wide - and their mouths wider. A single, red light begun to glow somewhere deep within their trunks, clearly visible in the darkness.

Trevenants. At least two dozen of them. And they seem angry.

It's then, as the group's attention is stolen by their surroundings, that they notice their numbers have dwindled. Approximately half of them have gone missing. Whether they got lost among the endless thicket or were snatched by something lurking within it, it's impossible to tell. But one thing is for certain; those that remain are severely outnumbered against the hostile trees. What they lack in numbers, though, they make up for in power - or do they?

It's up to them to choose fight - or flight.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
    For the Cave Group, feel free to take the moment to regroup, gather your wits and plan ahead - or try to find the source of the shout, if you so wish. Is it your missing friend? Who knows.

For the Forest Group The Trevenants do not seem friendly, and have completely blocked your path. You can either try to cut a way through and escape, or fight them off - or do something else, if you can find an alternate solution.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  12. Skillfulness

Cam / Mew
    Union Cave

Cam couldn’t help but at least chuckle when Liam surprise-hugged Michael. He certainly had the right idea for staying warm, even if it seemed he had ulterior motives. Yet Michael was more worried about his shirt. The tired looking Jack sat beside her mumbling, most likely to his legendary.

“Piss off.” He groaned, then gave a strained laugh towards Cam. “Sorry, that wasn’t directed at you.”

“No worries,” she said dismissively. His Gardevoir let off a few will-o-wisps which provided some warmth. “And thanks.” Not the best at small talk, Cam stopped there and shuffled her feet in the icy ground. Always interested in finding the next adventure, she wasn’t sure how excited she was about this. Mew was right, something felt off and she wasn’t looking forward to facing possibly deadly difficulties.

“Once again, I concur.” Now it seemed Ho-oh was taking over for Michael. They had distinct ways of speaking and acting that made it clear enough for Cam to notice when they swapped control. "Let us start with a headcount. Is anyone missing?" Cam joined in silently, the dread growing in her gut.

"... It seems we have lost one."

An anguished cry echoed throughout the otherwise silent cave. Cam jumped and inhaled sharply, caught off guard by the sudden and foreign sound. Her heart started thumping and even though she was already cold, she felt a chill down her spine.

"Creeeepy," Michel said, no longer controlled by Ho-oh it seemed.

“Shush,” Cam chided. Her heartbeat began to settle again but her thoughts were wild and unfocused. “That didn’t sound too close, really, maybe. But, maybe we should keep moving. I don’t know if we’re safe here.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walter / Raikou
    Anville Forest

The group had been wandering roughly in the direction of the plume of smoke they occasionally caught sight of. The forest was erie to Walter and he was incredibly relieved to have Raikou in control of his body. Though at this point he felt as though he should call it ‘their’ body since they both had a say in what happened. It was unnerving if he thought about it for too long, but he was sufficiently distracted by the growing terror he felt about the forest.

It felt as though they were being watched. They were mostly quiet, simply traversing the woods without interacting much. It had helped Walter calm down slightly after all the craziness. A child possessed by the legendary Darkrai sent them on a mission to save the world. It seemed so preposterous. Reality was too much to refute. He couldn’t deny that Raikou had, somehow, become a part of him. He was still getting used to sharing a mind and body, but at least his companion was friendly and supportive. If anything, Walter was almost glad to have this confident Pokemon with him.

"I’m getting tired of all these trees!" The deep shout broke the silence and startled Walter. Raikou stayed steady on the other hand and quickly turned to the dark-haired boy. He had just shot ice out of his hands which was incredible and slightly terrifying. The Rockruff barked. No other sounds could be heard.

"I thank you not to bring harm to this forest," Lucina said. She stepped forward and rain began to fall around her. Walter assumed this was Suicine taking over. Raikou strode up beside her in a defensive posture. "Perhaps let your human navigate for now. He seemed like a sweet child. Ah, Lucia, why don't you introduce yourself? I don't think you did that yet."

"Uhh..." her voice trembled, and Walter was scared for her. The boy didn’t seem dangerous while they were walking around but he seemed to just snap. It was probably his legendary taking the reins. He preferred the human component of this duo. "Please don't freeze me - Suicune just really likes trees - I'm sorry mister... um, legendary Pokemon.”

"Yes, please listen to reason. These trees haven’t done anything to hurt you." Raikou let out a laugh and gestured at the surrounding forest. Though he sounded jovial and relaxed, Walter could sense a tinge of anger behind his words. He was upset over the senseless violence and worried someone in their group could have been hurt from the ice beam.

You ok, Raikou?

Yes Walter, I’m just fine. Nothing to worry about, just need to keep moving.

Unfortunately, while they had been conversing, the trees had transformed. Now with arms, legs, and a face, it was clear they were no normal trees. Trevenants surrounded them and as Raikou looked around, they noticed half their group had disappeared.

R-Raikou, what do we do!? Walter would be hyperventilating if he was in control at the moment, but fortunately Raikou kept control and kept his calm.

Can your Pokemon fight? His smooth voice cut through the fog of panic. Walter thought quickly and efficiently.

N-no. I haven’t trained them for that, fighting. They’re just companions and now I’m thinking I should have-

Don’t fear, we will make it out of this. Raikou grinned.

"Allies, it seems we have a battle on our hands. What say we put our abilities to the test?" Raikou filled his body with an electric charge. For a moment nothing happened, but then he opened his mouth. A roar like thunder escaped and spread out from him. Waves of sparks shot out towards the Trevenants. The ground shook slightly and seemed to have an effect on the enemies, even if minor. Walter desperately hoped things wouldn't go wrong for them.

13. Monster Guy

Tim Wolfe and Kyurem
    Anville Forest

"I thank you not to bring harm to this forest, especially not while we're walking in it!" Kyurem heard someone say

The legendary Ice Dragon rolled his eyes. ”Since when did you give a damn about the forest?”

The other legendary continued speaking. "Perhaps let your human navigate for now. He seemed like a sweet child. Ah, Lucia, why don't you introduce yourself? I don't think you did that yet."

"My human is a mousy little boy who falls apart at the slightest contact other humans."

Tim was not amused. Hey! Kyurem smirked. This was his retaliation for Tim calling Kyurem a monster earlier. Who knew Kyurem was petty?

Then the human girl the took back control. "Please don't freeze me - Suicune just really likes trees - I'm sorry mister... um, legendary Pokemon.”

Then the blonde boy felt the need to step in to "Yes, please listen to reason. These trees haven’t done anything to hurt you."

Kyurem was quickly running out of patience. He didn't really have much of that to start with. Not being in the mood to deal with these idiots any longer, he roared loudly in their faces, then allowed Tim to regain control. You deal with them.

Tim blinked. "Um... I'm s-s-sorry about that..." Tim picked up Rocky, and started petting his head, much to the delight of the puppy Pokemon. "Uh... he's Kyurem... I-I-I'm Tim..."

As they were talking, the surrounding trees had transformed. Now with arms, legs, and a face. Trevenants surrounded them, and they looked none too pleased.

Kyurem snatched back control. "Seems like the forest means to harm us." He glared at Suicune as he said this. "Wonderful!" Despite being horribly outnumbered, Kyurem smirked.

Please don't hurt them! It's not their fault! Tim pleaded.

Of course, Kyurem didn't listen. He used Glaciate, and produced gusts of freezing cold air to slow down the ghostly trees. This made their movements slower, and also made the air around them colder. Of course, the cold never bothered Kyurem anyway.

Then, Kyurem pulled out a Pokeball, and sent out Frosty the Sneasel. Kyurem refused to call him by that demeaning name Tim had insisted on giving him. "Use Knock Off."

Frosty gave a salute "Sneasel!" He then moved quickly, and proceeded to whack some trees with his claws, that were charged with Dark type energy.

Throughout this Rocky lept out of Kyurem's arms, and started barking. As he always did when Kyurem was out. "RUFF! RUFF!"

"WILL YOU BE QUIET YOU STUPID DOG AND MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL!"

Rocky didn't listen, and kept on barking.

14. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Kay & Shaymin
    Kit (Skitty - M), Nocturne (A. Meowth - M), & Blaze (Litten - F)
    Union Cave

Blaze the litten mewed softly as she looked around the icy cave from Kay's shoulder. Shaymin and Kay had both been fallen silent, and Blaze was clearly starting to feel the tension. Around them others were navigating the cave with a similar degree of caution, and either Cam or Mew (it was kind of hard to tell who was controlling a body at any given time) suggested they stop to regroup. And warm up. Kay looked over and nodded, pulling the litten from her shoulder, “Yeah, Blaze here can help out. Can't you?”

She snuggled the litten gently, to which mewed again, but a bit more irritably. It was clear the rest of the group was considering this course of action as well as Liam, or maybe Xerneas, but probably Liam, was now snuggling Ho-Oh's host. While still others gathered and sat around, Kay leaned forward and let her litten down so she could help warm everyone up. Blaze looked back at her and she suggested more than commanded, “Use Ember, all right?”

Blaze closed her mismatched eyes and fiercely blew fire at the spot where Sear the arcanine was making flames of her own. That, along with a few more flame moves from a few other pokemon, seemed to be warming up their small section the cave fairly nicely, with water dripping softly from the icicles around them. Kay looked up and made she she and Shaymin weren't standing under any, but the ceiling above the group did seem pretty clear. The flora pokemon asked curiously, 'Is that something we should be concerned about?'

“Not as long as no one is under them,” muttered back Kay, enjoying the heat more than she was worrying about the ice melting and putting someone's eye out. Meanwhile Ho-Oh, apparently able to use his powers through his host's body joined the pokemon producing heat, and started doing a headcount. Apparently someone was missing. Kay bit her lower lip, she'd not even thought to keep track of if they had everyone, outside her own pokemon. The others had mixed reactions, with Cam/Mew going so far as to suggest they might want to start moving again for safety. Kay sighed, “I guess it's true, we don't know what else might be in this cave, or how bad things gets up ahead.”

Besides that, Blaze was looking a little tired. She was a pet and wasn't used to using moves for this long. Kay kneeled down and pet her, “You did good,” then picked her back up, gently draping her over her shoulder so she could relax. Blaze reacted with indifference and simply started licking her paw.

15. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Lucia Marrero / Suicune
    Anville Forest

Lucia shrunk back as the legendary pokemon glared at her from the guise of a boy. "My human is a mousy little boy who falls apart at the slightest contact other humans."

"O-oh, of course - er, I mean - " Lucia stammered awkwardly, wrestling with trying to avoid conflict and trying to defend the boy who was forced to share his body with such an unpleasant pokemon.

"Yes, please listen to reason. These trees haven’t done anything to hurt you," Walter pitched in, to Lucia's relief.

'Quite right, my brother!'

'Can't you tell him that out loud?!'

The legendary pokemon fortunately obliged to Suicune and Raikou's requests, and a frightened boy emerged in his place. He introduced himself as Tim, and the legendary as Kyurem. "My name is Lucia, and that was Suicune earlier," Lucia introduced, shyly glancing away afterwards, as if afraid that Kyurem was about to reappear and scold her. 'Kyurem? Do you know him, Suicune?'

'No, not particularly. If I remember right, in his proper form he is a very sizable ice dragon. I can't imagine he is dealing with his new form terribly well.'

A movement near the frozen tree caught Lucia's eye, and soon the entire forest looked like it was moving. Lucia took several fearful steps backwards with wide eyes as a horde of trevenant appeared in front of them. Kyurem sent out a sneasel, but Hana would be useless in this scenario. Suicune was her only hope. "Can we harm the forest now??" she whimpered. Raikou leapt up with a grand display of electricity, which seemed to motivate Suicune more than Lucia's terror did.

Suicune took control with a showy whoosh and held Lucia's arms out in front of him. "Stand back, men!" he instructed, letting loose a powerful blizzard that accelerated the freezing that Kyurem was already doing.

16. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Kenny Corvèga & Victini's explosive re-entrance

It was unclear to Kenny wether the girl he had introduced himself to had even noticed his presence, as she was deep in conversation with this other guy that had come rushing towards her right after Kenny made his presence known. Spacing out as the two caught up, they presumably knew each other from before, it felt like a small eternity of exactly 7 months and 19 days before Kenny was pulled back into reality when the group started moving again. Descending from the Dragonspiral tower would turn out to be quite the uneventful travel, with the only wild pokemon they encountered too wary to engage them in any sort of combat. Feeling safer in numbers, Kenny still stuck close to the woman from earlier, as he was deathly afraid after having briefly made eye contact with a very unfriendly-looking Golurk. Everything about the situation just screamed make haste, from the obvious fire some distance away outside, to the hostile pokemon, to Kenny's growing abandonment issues.

Exiting the tower, the group came to Anville Forest. The forest was deep, and grew thicker the further in the group got, eventually blocking out more and more of the natural lights, casting admittedly beautiful shadows on the ground. Kenny, however, found this to be beyond unnerwing. He hadn't heard from Victini in a while either, and almost wished he would take control over him to lessen the emotional impact of his surrounding and his situation in general. They would walk forever, and Kenny's feet hurt. Moreso than his body in general, but he kept quiet and made sure he wouldn't get lost. in a forest like this, that was very easy. He walked with caution, carefully making sure his eyes were always on his surroundings, avoiding branches and taking detours where the trees denied him further access. Deathly afraid of getting lost from the others, he always made sure he was still holding on tight to the womans branch. Wait, branch? Oh shìt...

Suddenly becoming aware of who he's actually holding on while walking, he now saw that nstead of the womans shirt, which he had been holding onto earlier, he was now holding a strangely arm-shaped branch with some shrubbery on it. The arm in question belonged to what appeared to be a big, walking tree with a glowing red eye located in the darkness that seemed o be posessing whatever branches made this thing move. Immediatly pulling his arm back to him, he let out a loud scream before taking off in a seemingly random direction. The pokemon simply glanced after him, and Kenny could hear a loud raspy roar, as if someone scraped two pieces with bark to each other slowly from inside a coffin in a shallow grave located in the middle of a random forest which also had Kenny's name engraved on it.

So now Kenny was running. "Yawn. Hey, why are we running?" Victinis voice chimed in, making Kenny glad to hear his inner demon speak for the actual first time ever. He could just flame on and yeet his way out of there, right? Wait, had Victini been sleeping all this time? That seemed uncharacteristic of him, but Kenny dismissed it. "We're in a bind right now please do somethingggg!" Kenny yelled as he ran. His eyes were ful of tears, and coupled with snapping branches conviniently placed in Kenny's modest face height. At least half of said branhes are grasping Trevenants, but Kenny couldn't see past their glowing eyes. "No problem Ken Ken! V-WHEE.." Victini started saying, but was abruptly broken off when Kenny accidentally ran over a slope, tumbeling down in an almost comedic fashion, if you don't consider the actual danger his life was in right then. Landing in a fair maiden's pose in the arms of a handsome stranger, his blow was softened. However, there was no prince but rather a Slaking looking down on where its meal had once been, and watching the actual scarecrow Kenny who came falling from above. Needless to say, Slaking did not seem happy about this turn of events.

"Kiiiing!" it roared as it picked KEnny up in one arm, and flung him face first away from itself, all while Knny was screaming for dear life. Mid-air though, and through his screaming, he could faintly hear Victinis voice in his head. "V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEL!". Kenny's forehead then lit up and he did a mid-air cartwheel to regain his posture, landing crouched sideways on a tree. Using the momentum, he kicked off the trunk and came flying back towards the Slaking. "Flame. CHAAAAAARGE!" Kenny heard his voice say. as he was engulfed in flames, planting a satisfying foot right into the Slaking's upper body, and ouncing away upon impact as Slaking was sent backwards. It quickly got up though, and angrily slammed its chest with its large arms, before realizing this was an uphill battle and walking off, punching a tree clean from its trunk in the process. "Don't worry Ken Ken, i got you on this. We'll find the others shortly." Victini then said in his voice, brushing off debris, branches and a curse left by a passing Trevenant about 13 minutes prior. He then proceeded to run straight up the same slope he had fallen down earlier, jumping up and charging two Trevenants that had ventured in too close. Right then, he could hear a thundering roar coming from the East. "That sounded like Raikou!" Victini exclaimed out loud, as his head snapped to the direction of the sound. "Which means, the others should be there too, if we are the only ones that got lost." Now that was an eerie thought. Charging ahead, Victini jumped Kenny up into a branch in an elaborate Cheerleading dance routine. "The Trevenant can't touch us up here, now we only need to worry about them controlling the actual trees instead.". "Uhm, right, just get us out of here!" Kenny responded in his head. He was still exhausted from this entire experience, and was glad he could take back seat while his problem would magically be solved for him.

Jumping from branch to branch wasn't as easy as Spiderman made it sound however, and the duo still had to escape branches coming down on them like whips, as well as the occasional Shadow Ball from below. Luckily for them, the sounds of battle indicated the others were nearby. And just like that, Kenny caught up with the others. Below him, he could see an array of ice and electricity having scattered the cursed forest, indicating the others were holding their own. Kenny was scared, very very scared, but right now he felt empowered and oddly uncharacteristically optiistic about their stakes. If all went south he could always start a forest fire. Using his already gained momentum, he jumped out from one of the trees surrounding the others before making a mid air frontflip, before sticking a very impressive Superhero landing, knocking away a Trevenant with the last energy of his Flame Charge before panning it out. "I'm back, friends! What's happening!" Victini yelled out to no one in particular.

17. GoldenHouou

GoldenHouou your deadman

Anville Forest

Despite their numbers, the Trevenant could not uphold a united front for long. Many were frozen where they stood, overwhelmed by the combined powers of Kyurem and Suicune, while others found themselves backing away from Raikou’s terrifying roar. A few of those that attempted escape were slashed in the back by a quick-footed Sneasel, hastening their retreat.

And then a blazing boy dropped down from the sky, setting one Trevenant on fire and startling many around it. The Trevenant started to stumble over themselves to flee, screeching loudly as they went. In a moment, all of them were gone.

But danger was not.

Suddenly, the entire forest seemed to be filled with eyes. Bird Pokémon perched on high branches, bugs crawled out from within tree trunks and bushes, and everything else that called the forest home lurked within the surrounding darkness, called forth by the distress of the Trevenant. Then the chants started. To the humans, it was nothing but a cacophony of Pokémon names. To the legendaries, it was much more.

“Justice for Pokémon.”

“Punish the humans.”

“Kill the traitors.”

“They hurt the forest.”

“He will punish them, too.”

“Justice.”

“Justice.”

“Justice.”

A mighty cry silenced it all.

The trees to the north parted, forming a path for a large, quadrupedal Pokémon in the shape of a stag. It was black as the night itself, with two glowing red eyes striking fear into any who dared gaze upon it. A tall collar framed its powerful neck, and two curly horns protruded from its skull. They appeared to be stained with something.

The legendaries once knew him as Cobalion. Now, he was but a twisted shadow of the proud creature that had once led the Swords of Justice.

And he wasn’t alone.

Fallen twigs and unearthed roots snapped under the heavy hooves of a pitch black, bovine creature as it forced its way through the forest to the group’s left. Its head was held low as if prepared for a charge - but as it emerged from among the trees, the real reason for its low posture became clear; it was dragging something along the ground. Part of a long black cloak tangled from the Terrakion’s horn, pulling along a mess of cloth, hair and limb. All recognizable features had been trampled away, but one thing was for certain; the bloodied pulp was - had once been - a human.

Had it not been for an eerily serene cry, the group might’ve missed the deer-like Pokémon approaching from the right. It wiggled past trees disturbingly serenely, its steps not at all slowed by the body it carried high above its head. An upward vine had pierced through the girl’s chest, right through the heart. Unlike the other victim, this one was clearly recognizable. The group knew the brown hair and the bright green eyes, now wide from terror and devoid of life. They knew her; she’d been with them at the tower, only an hour prior. Then, the other body must’ve been--

A hiss from behind the group told them the other Pokémon were still present, still watching, ready, eager. It brought to light an unfortunate reality: they were surrounded.

Cobalion spoke no words nor made any grand gestures, yet the order it gave could not have been clearer. With a subtle nod of its head, it called for a charge.

And charge its companions did.

The ground shook under Terrakion’s hooves, and Virizion moved so swiftly it seemed to disappear entirely.

But they never reached the humans. Before harm could come unto them, the space that surrounded the group bent and shifted, and soon the two charging legendaries had ran right past - no, through - them.

“I--I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

As if coming through an invisible door, a frail-looking girl stepped out of thin air and fell unto the forest floor. Most of her hair was grey as ash, but the few streaks of brown among it suggested such hadn’t always been the case. Her eyes were tired and she looked disheveled, as though she hadn’t been able to care for herself in days. Though her breathing was heavy enough to be heard, she was desperate to keep speaking. “This is all my--- I didn’t know they’d all be here. You were supposed to be sent to the village in the first place! Why... why can’t I... control it... Palkia, why won’t you--”

Terrakion and Virizion had noticed their blunder. They turned around for another charge. The girl clutched her chest.

With her free hand, she reached for Walter’s arm. “Please,” she pleaded, desperately grasping the fabric of his sleeve, “hold onto each other. And no matter what, don’t. Let. Go.”

With those words, everything disappeared.

~~​

Michel Lefèbvre & Ho-Oh
    Union Cave, Johto

Not long after the first scream, another followed. But unlike the one prior, this one carried a clear message.

“Help!”

The word echoed off the frozen walls, filling the entirety of the cave with desperation. Even after the scream ended, Michel’s ears rung.

“Soo-” he trailed off, turning to look at the others. Hopefully, if he didn’t let the dread he felt show, it’d go away. It was annoying. “I’m guessing this is the part where we heroically go to their rescue?”

Ho-Oh contemplated. “We’ve no time to turn back. Bigger things are at stake.”

“Like lives?” Michel mused, a rare hint of annoyance in his carefree tone, “Like the one we’re just gonna abandon?”

“Since when have you care-”

“Since when have you not?”

Ho-Oh said nothing.

Michel shrugged.

“I mean, I’m also totally down for not risking my life saving someone else’s. That’d be the easier option." He turned to the rest of the group. "Your call.”

Not everyone agreed to turn around and look for the source of the voice - but enough did to make it their next objective.

Ten or so minutes into the walk, Michel regretted it.

Though they’d walked the same path only a moment earlier, everything felt... different. It was colder, for one. Cordelia’s burning wisps and the Blaze’s fiery breath became more precious than ever, and Michel was forced to give Ho-Oh control so he could heat up his body and produce fire. But though the flames licked hungrily at the air upon Ho-Oh’s palm, not a drop melted from the ice that surrounded them. It should’ve been a good thing. But it felt wrong.

Even so, nothing was more worrisome than the loneliness.

When they’d last trodden here, they’d done so knowing they were watched. Now, it felt as though they were the only ones left in the world.

Ho-Oh felt anxious beyond compare. It felt like an eternity since he’d last seen the sky - a place he used to call home for centuries. Looking up at the oppressive darkness of the cave ceiling, he couldn’t help but wonder if there was a sky outside at all. Perhaps, by the time they made it out, they’d find nothing but darkness.

Wait for me, you three. Wherever you are, whatever has happened to you, I will find you. You will survive.

He walked faster.

A few minutes later, they found the Pokémon that had once followed their every move. Their bodies framed the path as if reminding the group what would happen if they did not get out of the cold soon.

Some had tried to huddle up against each other in a last effort to find warmth. Some had burrowed under frozen rocks or hidden behind icicles. A few Zubat lay right in the middle of the path, having fallen from the ceiling when the cold claimed them.

Ho-Oh shook his head, voice clearly pained. “There’s nothing to be done for them now.”

Then, the silence broke.

The screaming voice from earlier returned - this time much clearer, and from much closer by. Much, much closer by.

A human figure stumbled forth from the mist, arms flailing and eyes wide. He was dressed in so many layers of clothes that it was difficult to make out any details. As he saw the gathered humans, he stopped dead in his tracks - and then threw himself to cling onto Jack; a savior he'd chosen at random.

“Help me! Help, it’s coming, it’s right behi--- damnit, no one told me it was going to be like this! They knew, that’s why they left. They knew! They left me here t--”

Everything thereafter happened in an instant.

From the end of the corridor, a black bird emerged. Black ice glistened on its wings, and a crown of sharp icicles crowned its head. Its wings were so large that they spanned the width of the cave, and cold hair rushed forth past every feather.

Articuno. One of Lugia’s charges. With Lugia not there to protect her, this had befallen her. Ho-Oh’s stomach sank.

I’m not there to protect my--

A sudden rift tore open the empty space between Articuno and the group. From it poured out four humans, a Sneasel and a Rockruff. Upon seeing them, Articuno instantly reared back her head.

“Stay down!” Ho-Oh bellowed, taking a few running steps forward. As he did, fire surrounded his entire body, spiraling to settle into his palm - from where he fired it straight at the newly appeared group. The flames engulfed them in an instant, wrapping around them like a deadly blanket. Except, the fire wasn’t deadly. It was hot at first, unbearably so, even though it caused no actual harm. But... ever so slowly, the heat became tolerable and then, to a point, soothing.

To Raikou and Suicune, it was a familiar feeling.

A beam of solid ice crashed into the side of the flames, rattling the group inside. Cold air rushed past them, but the brunt of the ice melted before it found its mark. The cave filled with steam, and once it subsided, both the ice and fire were gone.

Articuno screeched. Ho-Oh grunted. What had they done to her? She would have never hurt humans before.

“I’ll need some help. From you,” he glanced at the group he’d been with so far. “And you,” he nodded at the newcomers. “If you’ve any idea how to use your powers, do so now, before she attacks again.”

He turned to stare into the Articuno’s empty eyes and felt a shudder. He doubted it was from the cold.

Ho-Oh’s voice grew quieter. “Unless one of you wishes to reason with her.”

He, for one, would feel much more at ease doing so once she was subdued. But he needed a little rest before he could fire out another Sacred Fire.

"Block the ice, and aim for her head and wings."

Until then, there were eight others to pick up the slack.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019