• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saddest Pokemon moments (anime/movies)

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
First movie when Ash died.
Probably the worst moment for me was Darkrai died. :(

Edit: W00t! Rank up! :D

Haritsuki

Butterfree's leaving, Pikachu's leaving, the death of Ash, the death of Latios, and Lucario's sacrifice.

Lol, after thinking about those, I remember that sad music which played in some of the Kanto-episodes.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Bye Bye Butterfree... I mean, come on. That was totally unexpected.
Good Bye, Pikachu was kinda sad too.
When Misty left in Master Quest.

shadowteridax

MASTER OF SHADOWS
may leaving in the last episode of the battle fronteir season

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Easily "Bye, Bye Butterfree" or "Pikachu's Goodbye".

Yoshikin

Yoshi with a Nyasuu
Bye bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Bye bye, Charmander's Past, Charizard Leaving Ash, Lapras leaving, Ash dying multiple times, Lucario dying, Celebii dying, Darkrai dying, Manaphy leaving the movie, aaaaannnndddd... James and Growly.
Wow, for a kid's show, Pokemon has alot of deaths. o_O
Either that or pokemon gets my heart too much... =/

Araleon

Chill
The saddest moments? OK. Here goes:

Farewell, Dustox!: Jessie's most emotional moment ever. You could feel the emotion emnating from your computer/TV. I teared up a little. I loved Dustox... At least if won a ribbon for Jessie! Her first one, too... I cried looking at the pictures, and the preview, and the episode.

Gotta Catch Ya Later!: Misty's goodbye. This portrayed, at the end, every Pokeshippers dreams, until Ash and Misty didn't confess.. You could just sense it! I miss Misty... They culd have ditched Brock and kept Misty and May, they could have found somethng for her to do, like, Type tournaments or something...

Bye Bye, Butterfree: The saddest release of a Pokemon, besides Dustox's and Cacnea's who takes the cake. I loved Butterfree. It was Ash's first capture, and he left to mate. I don't remember exactly, but I think I cried.

The First Movie: Ash died. The tear scene mae me cry. There rally isn't anything to say besides that, because it says it all.

Once There Were Greenfields: This is up there with Dustox's and Butterfree's releases. I loved Cacnea. I knew it was coming, and I hated it. I cried watching this. James and Cacnea are like Jessie and Dustox, a humongous bond. I hold hope that Cacnea will come back as a %th gen. gendr evo.

When Latios died, and when Manaphy lft MAy were sad too, but the above take the cake.

Araleon

WolfyRocket

Rawr! I Eat U!
The saddest episode is by far..."Fear Factor Phony"...because that's when all the new voices came... -sniff-
Okey, erm, joke on my part. But come on, it was sad.
Anyway, the one where TR had to give up Arbok and Weezing was a pretty high emotional level, seeing to the fact that they've had them since the beginning. And let's not get started with James and Growlie...I love that orange puppy. :/

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Aitwo, 'nuff said. I'm surprised that only one person other than me has mentioned this one so far.

I'd have to agree here. The only difference is that the end is somewhat confusing. Thankfully, a friend of mine was able to explain what happened. Of course, the end credits music is always what gets to me.

are you talking about the English ending? I never heard that one, but I can say the Japanese ending theme, Hitoribocchi Janai, seems a little upbeat to me.

SuperDude

When Ash didn't die in the first pokemon movie, I was distraught. Why can the bad guys never finish the job? @.@

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
What are your saddest moments in the Pokemon anime and movies?

I have to say some of the saddest for me were Bye, Bye Butterfree (I cried), Ash turning into stone in the First Movie (man, all the kids in theater were crying. I was one of them), Latios dying in Movie 5 (teared up when we saw what Latios saw leaving Earth, and Sir Aaron explaing what he had done in Movie 8 (the music was absolutely perfect for the scene).

As for you...

That's the saddest moment for me too...

xxBlackyxx

lol internet
I was freakin bawling when Jessie and James released Arbok and Weezing.

I was also sad when Misty left...and Brock(for a short time)...and when May and Drew left...and goodness knows what happened in Johto.

The 3rd movie was sad when Entei went bye-bye...and the 1st when the clones were fighting the real Pokemon, and they played that brother song. And when Ash died. Never liked Ash too much, but...that killed when I was...seven.

Edit: When Togetic left Misty. Lets just all die on the floor crying.

When Ash didn't die in the first pokemon movie, I was distraught. Why can the bad guys never finish the job? @.@

xDDDD Oh my gosh.

Last edited: