• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Safari So Good

Which have you never been able to capture?

• Kangaskhan

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • Tauros

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • Chansey

Votes: 79 48.8%
  • Pinsir

Votes: 32 19.8%
  • Scyther

Votes: 41 25.3%

• Total voters

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I've never been able to catch a tauros untill this day. One time I even got to throw 10 balls in a row, and it still wouldn't stay in the ball.

Kangaskhan. I'm not sure if I've ever caught one of them.
Chansey I caught after a fair bit of time, Tauros I caught IMMEDIATLY. Seriously, first time I entered the area where Tauros is, he was the first one I saw and the first Safari Ball worked. Really awesome considering I was going to use him on my in-game team and thought it would take forever to find him.

Arceus94

Does Tauros even excist there?
I have spent countless hours trying to capture one
it NEVER worked. It NEVER appeared.
Or yes. It did come once. So i knew I was in the right area

Razor Xtreme

I've caught all of them (minus Pinsir, since I don't have LG) besides Tauros. I've encountered him three times, havent caught him once.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
They're all difficult to be sure, but I've managed to catch all five. But, it was tough enough that I actually dread the day that I ever desire going after a Lucky Egg.

To catch the Kangaskhan in my current Fire Red replay, it took me well over twenty attempts.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Someone else on another thread pointed out Dragonair is another hard to find/catch Safari poke. Which is true, I've never found one.

Meowth City

Staff member
I have never been able to catch any of them in FRLG, but I did manage to catch a Chansey in the original RBY games. I tried to catch them all at least 20 times but could never do it, so I gave up. I only needed those Pokemon for my Pokedex in Diamond and SS, so I just caught them in those games instead.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scyther and Chansey. They took a very long time for me to capture. They kept running away, and I kept running out of Safari Balls.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
i personally find that tauros and kangaskan are like the rarest pokemon in the safari zone. Also venomoth has been kind of hard to catch with any regularity.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Chansey and Kangaskhan are the hardest to catch. I could never catch them, ever...
Seriously, that's one thing why I hate Safari zones. >__<

dancingmonkey

Bringer of woe...
Got them all. I just go to the section where each one lives, then stand on a spot and do circles. You can look for pokemon indefinitely if you do that, the step counter never advances (I'm sure you all knew that though).

The rare ones will appear roughly every 20 pokemon, and I can stay there till I'm bored, or run out of balls. I flee from stuff I've caught, so unless I see 30 chanseys in a row, I'm fine. Normally I end up quitting becasue the train has got me to work instead (I play more on the tube to work then anywhere else these days).

They are all a pain in the butt, but with patience and a bit of luck, then you can get them all. I've got Red and Green so can swap between them as needed, both have been played through multiple times so I can always sub on older caught mon also.

I'm currently going back through Gen 3 and recatching my complete dex (minux Cerebi and Deoxys of course) as I moved them all up to Pearl/Diamond a long time ago. So I've been spending quite a bit of time in the zone.

For me it goes like this:

Chansey: 2nd hardest to find, hardest to catch.

Tauros: Hardest to find, 2nd hardest to catch.

Kangaskhan: Easiest to find, easiest to catch.

For some reason, I've never even seen a Pinsir in Safari Zone in my Leaf Green...

Slushy456

I'm trying for to catch a Kangaskhan right now =/ ugh. it hurts my head. it is difficult for me to catch... which is surprising, since I have already caught 3 chanseys but yeah...