1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Safari Zone

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by pokemistress, Nov 5, 2006.

1. pokemistress

pokemistress Real-life Gothorita

Hey, anyone have any tips for catching what i want in the safari zone? specifically chansey... I figure there must be a set order you have to do things in but i can't figure it out. thanks.
    xx

2. Rolacka

Rolacka Well-Known Member

Well, different pokemon appear in different areas so make sure you are looking in the right area (chansey is in area 3 i think).

All my rare pokemon I just caught by throwing safari balls at them and hoping for the best - they run most of the time anyway so at least you have a chance that way.

Good luck

3. Legendary star

Legendary star Well-Known Member

Chansey can appear almost anywhere in the Safari Zone, you just have to look hard enough. If you do encounter one, here's what I do: I throw a couple of Baits, then a Rock, then a Safari Ball.

4. penngrade6

penngrade6 Banned

Chanseys hard to find and even harder to catch. Throw a rock at it then throw some bait then throw a safari ball.

5. Goldliop

Goldliop Powerplay Champion

yeah... i gotta agree with throwing the rock...
    higher chance that it'll run away.. but better chance of succesfully catching it...
    i flat out don't use the bait...
    all it does is keep the other pokemon around longer...

6. Somebody

Somebody Banned

When trying to catch a Chansey, just throw Safari Balls at it until it runs away or you catch it(hopefully the latter). Throwing rocks is risky seeing as there is a high chance of Chansey running away and unlike throwing a Safari Ball you don't have at least one chance to catch it if it runs away first turn.

7. pokemistress

pokemistress Real-life Gothorita

Thankyou everyone
    x

8. Francesc

Francesc Natsu no Maboroshi

Why don't you use a pokeblock?

9. vpoirier000

vpoirier000 dexmaster

its fr/lg

just throw balls