• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saffron gym help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunzio722

levitating fetus
Since there is no actual 1st gen game help thread, i am posting this in it's own thread:

I need help with the saffron gym in yellow, i can take down her Abra somewhat easily, and same with Kadabra, but her Alakazam keeps killing my team. Also i have already beat fuchsia gym and liberated Sliph.co.

My current team:
Pikachu lv.34
Dugtrio lv.35
Snorlax lv.34
Wartortle lv.35
Flareon lv.33
Mew lv.35

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
If you're having trouble beating Sabrina, I'd suggest leveling up your Pokémon some more. Obviously being at a higher level should provide you a better chance at winning (your Wartortle is only 1 level away from evolving). Also, try inflicting a status like paralysis or sleep if you can manage; it'll make Alakazam a lot easier to take down. If you still have the Thunder Wave TM (TM 45), you could teach it to Mew and paralyze Alakazam with it (since I'd assume Mew can at least take one Psychic from Alakazam...).

Good luck!

nunzio722

levitating fetus
Thanks, but unfortunately, i don't have 1m45, so ill have to make due with my pikachu's thunder wave.

Also, i have captured zapdos, and plan to level grind some at the power plant, so any suggestions on zapdos are appreciated

Also, wartortle is now evolved.

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
Thanks, but unfortunately, i don't have 1m45, so ill have to make due with my pikachu's thunder wave.

Also, i have captured zapdos, and plan to level grind some at the power plant, so any suggestions on zapdos are appreciated

Also, wartortle is now evolved.

Nice job catching Zapdos!

Zapdos should already be well-equipped to take on Alakazam since it has Drill Peck to work with. Drill Peck should work effectively coming off of Zapdos' fairly respectable 90 base Atk. -- going against Alakazam's rather dismal 55/45 base HP/Def. If you still have Thunderbolt (TM 24), I'd teach it to Zapdos considering how well it can use it (stab and 125 base SpAtk). As an alternative to the prior, you could level Zapdos up 1 and learn Thunder (lv. 51). Zap gets Agility at lv. 55 and Light Screen at lv. 60 -- I'd keep both of those moves on Zapdos when attained, because really, Zapdos doesn't have too diverse a natural/TM movepool to work with, unfortunately.

Yes! for Blastoise! Good Luck still!

Status
Not open for further replies.