• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sailor Guardians (Fairy Monotype)

DittoDude

The King of Town.
So, I've won about half the games I've played on Showdown's monotype ladder with this team, and I'd love to know how to make it better.

Tuxedo Mask (Klefki) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Play Rough
Obviously, Tuxedo Mask is my lead. It main function on the team is to lay down dual screens, so that Sailor Venus can set up Belly Drum without dying. It also has Toxic, to break walls later on if it needs to, and Play Rough, so it won't be crippled by Taunt.

Sailor Venus (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Sailor Venus is my main sweeper. I switch her in after setting up screens, and use Belly Drum to become uber-powerful, then recover with Sitrus Berry. Aqua Jet is my main attack, as it can OHKO most Pokemon after Belly Drum. I have Play Rough to take out anything that can withstand Aqua Jet, and Superpower as a last resort in case neither of those will be good enough.

Sailor Moon (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
Sailor Moon is my main physical defender, and a great attacker as well. She generally comes in after Venus is done sweeping, to tank physical hits and fight Pokemon that Venus couldn't beat. Play Rough and Iron Head both get STAB, and get good coverage together. I have Protect to scout an opponent's moves, and Sucker Punch in case I have low health and need to hit first.

Sailor Mercury (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
Mercury's main functions are to heal my team, and to tank special damage. Heal Bell can get rid of status effects that would otherwise cripple Pokemon, and Wish can restore HP so that nearly-defeated ones can fight for a few more turns. Protect allows Mercury to get a little more recovery out of Leftovers, and Hyper Voice can deal respectable damage if need be.

Sailor Mars (Togekiss) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
Mars is a last-resort attacker; someone to take care of Pokemon who neither Venus nor Moon could. She runs Paraflinch, which despite its gimmickiness is a very effective strategy. Aura Sphere provides great coverage against the rock and steel types who resist Air Slash, and Roost allows her to keep fighting for a long time, while taking hits that would otherwise be super effective.

Sailor Jupiter (Whimsicott) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Taunt
Jupiter is my wild card. My main use for her is to use Substitute, which gets priority from Prankster, to take one hit from the opponent, to then use priority Encore to lock them into that move, and to switch into something that resists it. Taunt is also useful for stopping setup sweepers, baton passers, and other Pokemon who rely on non-damaging moves. Finally, Leech Seed can serve as a way of fighting Pokemon who none of my attackers can do much against.

Please rate my team and offer advice for how it can be better.