• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sailor Moon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
yeah that is pretty sad but that is a intreasting way you got into sailor moon for me it was a morning cartoon and it was my first anime i ever watched besides cardecaptors sakura that was a really good show i use to watch with it. I hate how they cancelled both though :c

That's not how I got into Sailor Moon, to be honest. A lot of girls I knew at school were watching the show and they were always talking about it so I decided to watch it myself and I'm glad I did because it truly was one awesome anime. I'm glad they've been bringing it back, to be honest. This was always one of my favorite anime a, next to Pokemon and Shugo Chara! and I really like it. They're kind of bringing back my childhood as well. I used to watch this show every single morning before getting on the bus to go to school.

The movie this teacher had one I had never seen before so I couldn't tell you which one it was but I was sitting in the classroom watching it and because of that, I went to lunch rather late. But it was an interesting movie and I would definitely watch it again.

I've been trying to keep up with the newer episodes. I got to the part where Makota I think that's how you spell her name, these Japanese names are really hard to spell became Sailor Jupiter. The wedding episode, you know which I'm talking about now, right? The one where one of the villains was controlling a manakin in a bridal shop and a whole bunch of grooms were disappearing.

Interesting episode, I liked it. I'll watch the next one after work tomorrow.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
That's not how I got into Sailor Moon, to be honest. A lot of girls I knew at school were watching the show and they were always talking about it so I decided to watch it myself and I'm glad I did because it truly was one awesome anime. I'm glad they've been bringing it back, to be honest. This was always one of my favorite anime a, next to Pokemon and Shugo Chara! and I really like it. They're kind of bringing back my childhood as well. I used to watch this show every single morning before getting on the bus to go to school.

The movie this teacher had one I had never seen before so I couldn't tell you which one it was but I was sitting in the classroom watching it and because of that, I went to lunch rather late. But it was an interesting movie and I would definitely watch it again.

I've been trying to keep up with the newer episodes. I got to the part where Makota I think that's how you spell her name, these Japanese names are really hard to spell became Sailor Jupiter. The wedding episode, you know which I'm talking about now, right? The one where one of the villains was controlling a manakin in a bridal shop and a whole bunch of grooms were disappearing.

Interesting episode, I liked it. I'll watch the next one after work tomorrow.

woops sorry I thought the way was that your teacher showed the movie sorry but okay i see now how you got into it yeah sailor moon was one of my first animes as well as cardcaptors such a good show and the newer version is going by the manga and i see your on the part that they introduced sailor jupiter lina in english or as the japanese name makoto kino :p The bride ghost episode was intreasting that is new compared to the 90's anime as well as the then next one is good hope you like the next one :)

xEryChan

Demon Child
woops sorry I thought the way was that your teacher showed the movie sorry but okay i see now how you got into it yeah sailor moon was one of my first animes as well as cardcaptors such a good show and the newer version is going by the manga and i see your on the part that they introduced sailor jupiter lina in english or as the japanese name makoto kino :p The bride ghost episode was intreasting that is new compared to the 90's anime as well as the then next one is good hope you like the next one :)

Sailor Moon is definitely the first anime I ever really got into. Pokemon is up there too but it's behind Sailor Moon. I always used to watch Sailor Moon every morning on TV before going to school, how I miss those days.

How about a topic for the club, yes?

What was the first episode of the series that you saw?

It's been forever since I'e watched the series on TV and as it was airing while I was still in elementary school, I can't remember.

But the episode of Sailor Moon Crystal that I saw is the one when Ami became Sailor Mercury. I unfortunately did not get to see the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal so really, the second if the first one I saw. Does that even make any sense?

I'm weird, I know.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Sailor Moon is definitely the first anime I ever really got into. Pokemon is up there too but it's behind Sailor Moon. I always used to watch Sailor Moon every morning on TV before going to school, how I miss those days.

How about a topic for the club, yes?

What was the first episode of the series that you saw?

It's been forever since I'e watched the series on TV and as it was airing while I was still in elementary school, I can't remember.

But the episode of Sailor Moon Crystal that I saw is the one when Ami became Sailor Mercury. I unfortunately did not get to see the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal so really, the second if the first one I saw. Does that even make any sense?

I'm weird, I know.

no its not weird to watch a second episode first ;) I actually watched my first episode of sailor moon late in the series when i found it on the tv channel as well as i did with cardcaptors sakura and also guys im trying to find some more sprites of the other scouts its pretty hard though i hope to see if can get every scout that person likes also I am in the middle of watching sailor moon stars. The series was never made in english do they never renewed the licenses as well as they would of had to do alot of major changes to the story line for america parent approval. I know there is a fan dub of it though its pretty solid as i want to post playlists of the series of new and old sailor moon animation but i want to make sure first it doesn't break any of serebii rules.

edit: also guys the new sailor moon crystal is up to watch :3

Last edited:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
May I request to join?

My first (attempted) dedication to anime is when Sailor Moon was on TV years ago. I slanted away from it due to that monstrosity of a schedule from each side (my side and my channel network keeps fumbling the time slots, in addition to the voice acting changes) around the middle of the R series.

Returned to watching Sailor Moon full time 2 years ago just initially for nostalgia, completed it, and end up loving it. The characters and comedy really hits you, though my small knocks of it are the romance of Usagi and Mamoru (which could be done better, but thankfully Crystal fixed that and looks like it'll be getting better), Super S saga, and Saturn screentime (my major knock).

I've been keeping up with Crystal and have watched the Classics to do a little comparing on which areas are done better than the other (I don't think there's one for Act. 6, or at least one that's a little closer to it). I accept that Crystal is the Sailor Moon for this time, so I'm not picky on which is the best version. I'll be the judge once (hopefully) Crystal produces the entire Sailor Moon story.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
mew151, I'm sure Fairy would allow you in, but there's a member form in the first post for you to fill out. o:

Anyway, so the last two Crystal episodes... as much as I admittedly find Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba handsome, I came to a realization that I'm actually glad they portrayed him at the right age this time. In the original, he was portrayed at age 19-21, rather than his supposed age in the manga, which was age 17-19. Not that there's anything wrong with age in general (as the saying somewhat goes I suppose, love knows no age), but I guess I'm a little nitpicky when it comes to that. I feel like three years of a gap between him and Usagi sounds more logical as opposed to five years. x:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Ah right. This one, yes?

Username: mew151
Favorite sailor scout: Jupiter
Why did you join?: I like Sailor Moon. No better reason than that.

I'm indifferent on age gaps myself. As long as it's not too big of a gap. I mean, bigger gaps do limit your times of staying together, which is pretty major in that relationship. I'm a bit concerned on how Usagi and Mamoru's relationship got rocky during half of R series. I didn't understand what's stopping him from explaining his distant behavior to Usagi or any of her friends?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ah right. This one, yes?

Username: mew151
Favorite sailor scout: Jupiter
Why did you join?: I like Sailor Moon. No better reason than that.

I'm indifferent on age gaps myself. As long as it's not too big of a gap. I mean, bigger gaps do limit your times of staying together, which is pretty major in that relationship. I'm a bit concerned on how Usagi and Mamoru's relationship got rocky during half of R series. I didn't understand what's stopping him from explaining his distant behavior to Usagi or any of her friends?

yeah that is the one i wasn't suppose to be on today need to work on my costume which a con is coming up like very soon around halloween but welcome :)

I am glad you saw the new episode silver I personally think crystal is now picking up which I do like the new series portraying the manga version i never read at all. I know this may sound about crazy though I still love the original series more as i finally got around watching all the episodes of sailor moon stars which is pretty good. I like how they brought in more sailor scouts especially from the outside sailor starlights were pretty cool too watch. I think crystal is doing good though imo the series is a bit closer now to the serious side which I miss the really cheesy moments though in the old 90's anime. :p Crystal has some funny moments but not as much as the the original anime series. I have a 3 gap year in my relationship btw lol but i don't mind the five year apart but it did look a bit creepy a college guy going out with a high school girl which she doesn't become a high school girl until sailor moon stars :p

Last edited:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Enjoy your time at the conventions, FairyWitch.

Act 7 (please tell me I got the number right) brought back Supreme Thunder from the Classics. Yeah!

The Classics is still my favorite Sailor Moon. Has great soundtrack, the foes are more threatening, the Soldiers/Guardians applied teamplays (combination attacks and are more sturdy, compared to Crystal whom seem to be one-shotted too easily at this time) and Usagi's just fun to watch. I also liked how they handled Naru as well, instead of being treated as one of the informants or background character.

Starlights would benefit better for an earlier arrival. With Sailor Stars as the last Sailor Moon saga, I would have liked more time with the Starlights not named Seiya (whom has plenty).

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Enjoy your time at the conventions, FairyWitch.

Act 7 (please tell me I got the number right) brought back Supreme Thunder from the Classics. Yeah!

The Classics is still my favorite Sailor Moon. Has great soundtrack, the foes are more threatening, the Soldiers/Guardians applied teamplays (combination attacks and are more sturdy, compared to Crystal whom seem to be one-shotted too easily at this time) and Usagi's just fun to watch. I also liked how they handled Naru as well, instead of being treated as one of the informants or background character.

Starlights would benefit better for an earlier arrival. With Sailor Stars as the last Sailor Moon saga, I would have liked more time with the Starlights not named Seiya (whom has plenty).

yeah starlights were pretty intreasting bunch if they did bring it in the beginning it be a bit strange but your right though that seiya did give more of a spotlight then all the other starlight scouts. I see where your coming from which I loved the music of there transformation as well "star power make-up!". I just love it as well as there songs they sang in the concerts were amazing like a nice jazz touch to the song made the music sound so nice. I think im just a oldie but even though it didn't match the manga form in the older days it still became something amazing to my heart :)

also thank you but the convention is around halloween weekend which is like at the end of this month so i got some time though still preparing. I hope to do a cosplay of sailor mercury soon which i can post pictures of me when i do finish it and at a con with it :p i will probably have it done for next year though. I gonna be ordering a wig soon...

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Order a wig? You sure you can't stylize your hair to match Ami's? In any case, I'd like to see you in full form once the creation is completed.

The thing is, Super S was really dragging, and as much as I enjoyed the Quartets (except their chanting, that got grating to me really quickly), Queen Nehellenia, and Pegasus/Helios, they weren't enough to be satisfactory by its slow episodic format. At least for the other sagas, they did a lot of new stuff in the form of character interactions (whether comedic, thoughtful or intuitive), the battles, and whatever surprises it brings.

I enjoyed the Starlight performances. Many people were having a difficult time accepting their gender bender abilities (which I believe didn't happen in the manga, if I can remember). Personally, I thought it was a unique concept for them to find their princess, hoping she receives the message within their song "Search for your Love". Still, the involvement of the 3 could have been handled better as only 1 of them got more screentime. I'm more disappointed on how extremely little screentime Saturn got. They couldn't give us 1 Saturn transformation? What's up with that?

Yes, I think anime and manga should be different from their execution of the same series. Otherwise, what was the point of the manga in the first place if it's completely going to be copied off to the anime? I like that Crystal is doing things a little different than how the manga depicted (Jedaite and Nephrite still around). Let's see how it goes.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Order a wig? You sure you can't stylize your hair to match Ami's? In any case, I'd like to see you in full form once the creation is completed.

The thing is, Super S was really dragging, and as much as I enjoyed the Quartets (except their chanting, that got grating to me really quickly), Queen Nehellenia, and Pegasus/Helios, they weren't enough to be satisfactory by its slow episodic format. At least for the other sagas, they did a lot of new stuff in the form of character interactions (whether comedic, thoughtful or intuitive), the battles, and whatever surprises it brings.

I enjoyed the Starlight performances. Many people were having a difficult time accepting their gender bender abilities (which I believe didn't happen in the manga, if I can remember). Personally, I thought it was a unique concept for them to find their princess, hoping she receives the message within their song "Search for your Love". Still, the involvement of the 3 could have been handled better as only 1 of them got more screentime. I'm more disappointed on how extremely little screentime Saturn got. They couldn't give us 1 Saturn transformation? What's up with that?

Yes, I think anime and manga should be different from their execution of the same series. Otherwise, what was the point of the manga in the first place if it's completely going to be copied off to the anime? I like that Crystal is doing things a little different than how the manga depicted (Jedaite and Nephrite still around). Let's see how it goes.

I guess i can see where your coming from to me though idk why but over look what you see lol I tend ignore the more annoying things but i do agree it wasn't the best ending for the older series but idk it just made me feel that the story was coming to the end so it didn't bother me that much. Also yes i am ordering a wig XD Im not gunna dye my hair blue now like ami-chan :p I had a friend do that once her hair was blue for awhile.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I actually thought the ending was good for what it was. Yeah, it wasn't something like the manga's ending, but I think it was appropriate for the anime series. Keep the relationship of Usagi and Mamoru steady and let it play on its own. I guess because R saga did something like that already (half of R anyway) they simply did it differently. Kind of like why we don't see Chibi-Usa back in Sailor Stars as it was done before for S saga. *shrugs*

No blue dye? Aww. Ah well. I understand.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I actually thought the ending was good for what it was. Yeah, it wasn't something like the manga's ending, but I think it was appropriate for the anime series. Keep the relationship of Usagi and Mamoru steady and let it play on its own. I guess because R saga did something like that already (half of R anyway) they simply did it differently. Kind of like why we don't see Chibi-Usa back in Sailor Stars as it was done before for S saga. *shrugs*

No blue dye? Aww. Ah well. I understand.

I haven't read the manga so no spoilers please XD I never got to reading manga until late I found sailor moon by just watching it on a a saturday morning cartoon when i was a kid which I didn't start reading manga until like my middle school days when someone gave me one which today i never new it had a manga until like a few months ago. I did read cardcaptors manga but that would be way off topic XD Also yeah no blue die don't want to bleach my hair now first :p

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
*does that excited noise* SAILOR MOON! how did I not notice this club sooner? Me wanna join!

Username: Mizz Nikki
Favorite sailor scout: I like them all but my favorite has always been Sailor Jupiter.
Why did you join?: The more appropriate question is why didn't I join. I love Sailor Moon, it's one of my favorite animes. I grew up watching this show, it's a part of my childhood. Plus, I've always loved how the main heroes of the show are girls, that was always one thing I've loved about the show.

Honestly, I love everything about this show. I have been keeping up with the new series as well. As soon as I saw this club, I just had to join.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
*does that excited noise* SAILOR MOON! how did I not notice this club sooner? Me wanna join!

Username: Mizz Nikki
Favorite sailor scout: I like them all but my favorite has always been Sailor Jupiter.
Why did you join?: The more appropriate question is why didn't I join. I love Sailor Moon, it's one of my favorite animes. I grew up watching this show, it's a part of my childhood. Plus, I've always loved how the main heroes of the show are girls, that was always one thing I've loved about the show.

Honestly, I love everything about this show. I have been keeping up with the new series as well. As soon as I saw this club, I just had to join.

hey there welcome to the club and stuff happens XD hope to see you active were all in the middle of watching the newer series of sailor moon at the moment piece by piece there are a bunch of front questions to start a topic as well as you can comment about anything about sailor moo :3

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
There wasn't a new episode of Crystal this week, right? I do vaguely remember that someone said there wouldn't be an episode this week but I wanted to be sure.

Anyways, I've been watching the series and remember when I joined and I said that my favorite Sailor Scout was between Moon and Venus? Well, I take that back. Right now, I think it's a tie between Mars and Jupiter at the moment, Jupiter is slightly ahead.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
There wasn't a new episode of Crystal this week, right? I do vaguely remember that someone said there wouldn't be an episode this week but I wanted to be sure.

Anyways, I've been watching the series and remember when I joined and I said that my favorite Sailor Scout was between Moon and Venus? Well, I take that back. Right now, I think it's a tie between Mars and Jupiter at the moment, Jupiter is slightly ahead.

yep there is a new one that was released not to much long ago sky :3 I watched it it was the introduction to sailor V also known as sailor venus :3 the next new episode is november 2nd when ill be at the convention. I hope to find some nice sailor moon merchindise i really set my eyes on a f.h arts sailor mercury figure :x

also tip everyone every two weeks i think it is will be a new episode as i link both series of the sailor moon new and old on the front ^_^

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
yep there is a new one that was released not to much long ago sky :3 I watched it it was the introduction to sailor V also known as sailor venus :3 the next new episode is november 2nd when ill be at the convention. I hope to find some nice sailor moon merchindise i really set my eyes on a f.h arts sailor mercury figure :x

Thought so, I was wondering why I didn't see why a new episode when I was watching some of the other episodes Friday night. Wait, there's not a new episode this week either? Ughh, two weeks without a new episode? I'm feeling a bit Sailor Moon deprived.

Oh btw, Fairy, I love the banner in your signature. I wish I could make banners like that.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thought so, I was wondering why I didn't see why a new episode when I was watching some of the other episodes Friday night. Wait, there's not a new episode this week either? Ughh, two weeks without a new episode? I'm feeling a bit Sailor Moon deprived.

Oh btw, Fairy, I love the banner in your signature. I wish I could make banners like that.

yeah it is a bit of a drag as it is the newer series as well as most animes now these days are very short now but anyway thanks i made that myself i love sailor mercury and i founds some cool gifs and made it XD I plan my next cosplay to due list is sailor mercury ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.