• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saints Row Thread

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I just watched the E3 demo. Did I hear them right? We get to romance our companions/homies?

If they mean lietennants like Kinzie, Shaundi and Viola; that's awesome. But if it's just regular recruits, then that's nothing revolutionary. I've kinda expected it tbh; the male voice 2 in SRTT confessed he had feelings for Shaundi and male voice 1 in SRTT confessed he had feelings for Kinzie. And female voice 2 I think has feelings for Pierce as well, so I guess we could build off that, especially since we know at least Troy Barker is returning to this game.

Genki returns!

Hooray; another immature image of the game >_< I liked his activities the first time I played it, then it get boring and time wasting every time after.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they mean lietennants like Kinzie, Shaundi and Viola; that's awesome. But if it's just regular recruits, then that's nothing revolutionary. I've kinda expected it tbh; the male voice 2 in SRTT confessed he had feelings for Shaundi and male voice 1 in SRTT confessed he had feelings for Kinzie. And female voice 2 I think has feelings for Pierce as well, so I guess we could build off that, especially since we know at least Troy Barker is returning to this game.

Hooray; another immature image of the game >_< I liked his activities the first time I played it, then it get boring and time wasting every time after.
I had male voice 2 but I don't remember him saying that.
Genki's activity sounds better than that one. We get to use our telenetic powers

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I had male voice 2 but I don't remember him saying that.
Genki's activity sounds better than that one. We get to use our telenetic powers

I think Male Voice two made a quip about how "Shaundi would be ******* amazing in a sexy maid outfit" or something like that.

Also, here's the E3 demo if anyone wants to watch it: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/12/saints-row-iv-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2013

This is what I've been wanting to see for a long time now; the actual story. So the characters are alternating between costumes, and also keeping their old ones. Oleg and Josh were seen with old clothes, whilst Shaundi and Kinzie sported new ones (And speaking of Shaundi....Damn :D )

I lol'd at the first choice we got: Cure Cancer or Solve World Hunger. Not really something you'd expect for a gangster, but I guess those days are gone.

I got annoyed when the SRIV guy said "This is getting boring, let's focus on the gameplay and do some random stuff!" when you could tell all of the viewers, as well as the IGN commentators themselves, were really getting into the story. At least last year at E3, we got to see two missions; now we've seen less than half of one.

I'm pretty anxious on what's happened to Angel and Viola; they do seem to have no reason to stick with the gang now so I'm worried they've left. Surprised Matt is actually allied with the Saints; I knew everyone expected it but I'm still shocked he was let in. Lot of thoughts on the demo, still thinking about characters like Josh and...Shaundi XD

Zoruagible

I just watched exclusive gameplay on Youtube. You obviously kill someone important because they bleeped the word out. Wonder who we kill.

I'm choosing to get rid of cancer.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I just watched exclusive gameplay on Youtube. You obviously kill someone important because they bleeped the word out. Wonder who we kill.

I'm choosing to get rid of cancer.

They bleeped the word out? I didn't know that. I literally quickly watched the footage, stopped when they did free-roam and read some theories on the official SR forums.

One user came up with this:

The conversation between the Boss and Shaundi five years after the incident apparently had Shaundi trying to reassure the Boss and to "Trust Kinzie". Some just think it's because of her lack of people's skills when addressing the large crowd, but one user believes that it could stem from a previous mission five years later.

I've kinda continued on this idea with a theory of my own. Kinzie finally discovers the location of Killbane, and the Boss, Angel, Viola and Pierce race to stop him. However, Killbane somehow knew they were coming and prepared for their arrival. In the midst of the confusion, the team meet Asha, who has been following both the Saints and Killbane for some time, and offers help. With her help, the Saints move on to kill Killbane, however they lose Angel and Viola. Asha helps get the Boss and Pierce out of ____ and back to Steelport.

Personally, I think it'll either be Cyrus or Killbane, but it'll probably end up being Dex. They'll spin it and do a twist where Dex fakes his death and ends up preparing the alien invasion or some nonsense like that. It's risky bringing back Ben King after his long absence (Even worse after Michael Clarke Duncan died), but if they do that to Dex, for one mission, and give him a corny role, then I'd be pretty ticked off.

Zoruagible

They bleeped the word out? I didn't know that. I literally quickly watched the footage, stopped when they did free-roam and read some theories on the official SR forums.

One user came up with this:

The conversation between the Boss and Shaundi five years after the incident apparently had Shaundi trying to reassure the Boss and to "Trust Kinzie". Some just think it's because of her lack of people's skills when addressing the large crowd, but one user believes that it could stem from a previous mission five years later.

I've kinda continued on this idea with a theory of my own. Kinzie finally discovers the location of Killbane, and the Boss, Angel, Viola and Pierce race to stop him. However, Killbane somehow knew they were coming and prepared for their arrival. In the midst of the confusion, the team meet Asha, who has been following both the Saints and Killbane for some time, and offers help. With her help, the Saints move on to kill Killbane, however they lose Angel and Viola. Asha helps get the Boss and Pierce out of ____ and back to Steelport.

Personally, I think it'll either be Cyrus or Killbane, but it'll probably end up being Dex. They'll spin it and do a twist where Dex fakes his death and ends up preparing the alien invasion or some nonsense like that. It's risky bringing back Ben King after his long absence (Even worse after Michael Clarke Duncan died), but if they do that to Dex, for one mission, and give him a corny role, then I'd be pretty ticked off.

I saw a speculation thread about killing Dex. Some people think it was him and others think he is Zinyak.

I'm wondering who that Tasha girl with Matt was. Maybe it's his girlfriend Kinzie mentioned in STT

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I saw a speculation thread about killing Dex. Some people think it was him and others think he is Zinyak.

I'm wondering who that Tasha girl with Matt was. Maybe it's his girlfriend Kinzie mentioned in STT

Asha is the MI6 agent who recruited him into MI6. She's also the person who protects the relationship between MI6 and the Boss's government now, and Matt sometimes tags along to help out the Saints.

I'm still pretty confused about the first mission and Kinzie: is she a traitor? Shaundi and Boss talk weirdly about her, and then she willingly offers herself to Zinyak; it doesn't make sense. And where is Angel and Viola? Haven't seen them in any trailers, gameplays or demos. We may have seen Zimos in one trailer which is nice, but I want to see Hulk Hogan's and Sasha Grey's characters return.

Edit:

The achievements got leaked weeks ago, which confirms a few things

http://pure-newshome.com/saints-row-4-achievements-leaked/

There is an achievement called "Bad memories" for completing the mission "Dewynter Blues" which makes me think Viola will indeed die. There is also a mission called "Donnies adventures" whic may mean Donnie from SR1 and SR2 may comeback. Since king and Donnie are back, luz may as well return.

There are also audio logs confirmed in the game, which may help fill the five year gap and also explain who the zins are.

I also like how one achievement tells you to "Play SRYT:ETD in coop for two hours :/

The mission in the demo I believe is "Just like old times" which makes me think characters like angel, viola and dex will die beforehand in a mini arc that introduces the aliens.

I also think zimos is still alive since we see see him in one trailer walking with the boss, Ben king and asha, dressed with a blue pimp hat.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Asha is the MI6 agent who recruited him into MI6. She's also the person who protects the relationship between MI6 and the Boss's government now, and Matt sometimes tags along to help out the Saints.

I'm still pretty confused about the first mission and Kinzie: is she a traitor? Shaundi and Boss talk weirdly about her, and then she willingly offers herself to Zinyak; it doesn't make sense. And where is Angel and Viola? Haven't seen them in any trailers, gameplays or demos. We may have seen Zimos in one trailer which is nice, but I want to see Hulk Hogan's and Sasha Grey's characters return.

Edit:

The achievements got leaked weeks ago, which confirms a few things

http://pure-newshome.com/saints-row-4-achievements-leaked/

There is an achievement called "Bad memories" for completing the mission "Dewynter Blues" which makes me think Viola will indeed die. There is also a mission called "Donnies adventures" whic may mean Donnie from SR1 and SR2 may comeback. Since king and Donnie are back, luz may as well return.

There are also audio logs confirmed in the game, which may help fill the five year gap and also explain who the zins are.

I also like how one achievement tells you to "Play SRYT:ETD in coop for two hours :/

The mission in the demo I believe is "Just like old times" which makes me think characters like angel, viola and dex will die beforehand in a mini arc that introduces the aliens.

I also think zimos is still alive since we see see him in one trailer walking with the boss, Ben king and asha, dressed with a blue pimp hat.

I saw those before. I know leaked achievements can be fake though so I don't put too much faith in them.
I was thinking Viola will see Kiki die again in "Dewynter Blues". I would love for Donnie to return, he just completely disappeared after the Brotherhood die.
I got a theory about Angel from that demo.
While the character was running around with his powers he kept saying "If only Angel could see me now." So that must mean Angel died or will die.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
While the character was running around with his powers he kept saying "If only Angel could see me now." So that must mean Angel died or will die.

Viola already saw Kiki die, so I thought she'd see something more grim, like Killbane torturing her and Loren maybe, or her being cast out of the Saints for being a traitor.

I heard one user over on the Saints Row Forums mention that s/he heard

The MC shout "This one is for you Angel!" whilst running around in normal gameplay, similar to what they said about Johnny. Guess that does confirm he is amongst the first to be killed off. Definitely doubt he'll be the only one though.

I expected it since he had one of the most expensive guest voice actors, but I'm still annoyed and saddened. The ones I wanted to survive this game were the Boss, Shaundi, Angel and maybe Viola if it was proven that she didn't kill Johnny.

Angel was a boss; to me, he had all the makings of the next Johnny Gat. I know people called Oleg the Johnny Gat of Steelport, but Angel was much more of a badass, even if he had a short role in the last game. What's more is that he had much more significant personality development thanks to his rivalry with Killbane, and for them to cash it all in with perhaps a final showdown with Killbane before the arrival of aliens....It's sad, and reminds me a lot of how Gat's death was treated.

I'll have fun playing with him as a zombie, but I wished he would stay for at least half of the game. I'll definitely be replaying the first mission(s) over and over if that is all we get with Angel.

On a lighter note, some of the radio stations and their songs have been confirmed for SRIV. The most well known is 107.77 The Mix's "Aerosmith: I don't wanna miss a thing" :D Apart of me thinks that song will be played heavily in Shaundi's simulation. If they do that, I'll be on the floor.

Honestly I wish they made a tribute to Gat in SRTT with the song "No Easy Way Out" and then continued to do this with Aerosmith. The only other noteworthy songs in this are "The Boys are back in town" by Thin Lizzy and "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.

EDIT: Just looked back over the leaked achievements and noticed one called "Saints Row Row Row" which requires you to spend two hours with past SR characters as your homies. This is quite interesting, as it implies that we'll not only have Ben King and Matt Miller as Past SR homies, but perhaps they'll be more. The "Donnie's Adventures" could mean Donnie will be a homie, though I hope this doesn't happen as I hate his character; he claims he loved Lin yet he left her and the player to die to save his own skin. I hope this'll mean characters like Troy, Tobias and even Jane Valderama.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Viola already saw Kiki die, so I thought she'd see something more grim, like Killbane torturing her and Loren maybe, or her being cast out of the Saints for being a traitor.

I heard one user over on the Saints Row Forums mention that s/he heard

The MC shout "This one is for you Angel!" whilst running around in normal gameplay, similar to what they said about Johnny. Guess that does confirm he is amongst the first to be killed off. Definitely doubt he'll be the only one though.

I expected it since he had one of the most expensive guest voice actors, but I'm still annoyed and saddened. The ones I wanted to survive this game were the Boss, Shaundi, Angel and maybe Viola if it was proven that she didn't kill Johnny.

Angel was a boss; to me, he had all the makings of the next Johnny Gat. I know people called Oleg the Johnny Gat of Steelport, but Angel was much more of a badass, even if he had a short role in the last game. What's more is that he had much more significant personality development thanks to his rivalry with Killbane, and for them to cash it all in with perhaps a final showdown with Killbane before the arrival of aliens....It's sad, and reminds me a lot of how Gat's death was treated.

I'll have fun playing with him as a zombie, but I wished he would stay for at least half of the game. I'll definitely be replaying the first mission(s) over and over if that is all we get with Angel.

On a lighter note, some of the radio stations and their songs have been confirmed for SRIV. The most well known is 107.77 The Mix's "Aerosmith: I don't wanna miss a thing" :D Apart of me thinks that song will be played heavily in Shaundi's simulation. If they do that, I'll be on the floor.

Honestly I wish they made a tribute to Gat in SRTT with the song "No Easy Way Out" and then continued to do this with Aerosmith. The only other noteworthy songs in this are "The Boys are back in town" by Thin Lizzy and "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.

EDIT: Just looked back over the leaked achievements and noticed one called "Saints Row Row Row" which requires you to spend two hours with past SR characters as your homies. This is quite interesting, as it implies that we'll not only have Ben King and Matt Miller as Past SR homies, but perhaps they'll be more. The "Donnie's Adventures" could mean Donnie will be a homie, though I hope this doesn't happen as I hate his character; he claims he loved Lin yet he left her and the player to die to save his own skin. I hope this'll mean characters like Troy, Tobias and even Jane Valderama.
Didn't they say no more zombies for this game? They were probably joking about that though.

I'd like Legal Lee and Chicken Ned back as homies or even Zombie Lin

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Didn't they say no more zombies for this game? They were probably joking about that though.

I'd like Legal Lee and Chicken Ned back as homies or even Zombie Lin

I can see Legal Lee as a likely one to return; if they brought Chicken Ned back, I'd fall onto the floor and laugh for hours. I think they might do something like bring back Donnie/Genki, Luz, Eric Gryphon (Is he Alderman Hughes btw?) and Samson.

Zoruagible

I can see Legal Lee as a likely one to return; if they brought Chicken Ned back, I'd fall onto the floor and laugh for hours. I think they might do something like bring back Donnie/Genki, Luz, Eric Gryphon (Is he Alderman Hughes btw?) and Samson.

I would love that.
I think Gryphon is Hughes they sound the same and would look the same too if Gryphon lost his hair. It'll also explain Dex saying “Gryphon isn't who you think he is.”

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I would love that.
I think Gryphon is Hughes they sound the same and would look the same too if Gryphon lost his hair. It'll also explain Dex saying “Gryphon isn't who you think he is.”

I've always liked that idea, but it depends on what Volition do with Dex. Originally, he was going to be killed off by a Ultor Assassin in the Saints Row: Money Shot game, which got cancelled. Personally, it'll probably either be him or Angel that gets killed off in the first mission of the game. Some people think Shaundi says a name that ends with a "eks" sound (Dex), whilst others think she starts saying a name beginning with K judging by her lip-speech and just before the bleeping (Killbane).

My bet is that Killbane has gone into hiding and has bought himself a lot of strong protection, and is either going into the witness protection program, or is trying to reach out to certain government officials. Then the first mission would be to hunt him down with the aid of ______ (Certain people who predict the alien invasion, and always recognise Kinzie), and in the mission, Angel will die helping you and maybe Zimos. My bet is that since these people know Kinzie, it'll be FBI agents who used to work with her, and they work with the Boss and his Saints to defeat Killbane, which will help the Saints leave a good impression on the law and also on politics.

Just a hunch, but something I want to see. I don't think Viola will die in the first mission since there is an achievement that looks like it is for Viola's simulation.

Zoruagible

I've always liked that idea, but it depends on what Volition do with Dex. Originally, he was going to be killed off by a Ultor Assassin in the Saints Row: Money Shot game, which got cancelled. Personally, it'll probably either be him or Angel that gets killed off in the first mission of the game. Some people think Shaundi says a name that ends with a "eks" sound (Dex), whilst others think she starts saying a name beginning with K judging by her lip-speech and just before the bleeping (Killbane).

My bet is that Killbane has gone into hiding and has bought himself a lot of strong protection, and is either going into the witness protection program, or is trying to reach out to certain government officials. Then the first mission would be to hunt him down with the aid of ______ (Certain people who predict the alien invasion, and always recognise Kinzie), and in the mission, Angel will die helping you and maybe Zimos. My bet is that since these people know Kinzie, it'll be FBI agents who used to work with her, and they work with the Boss and his Saints to defeat Killbane, which will help the Saints leave a good impression on the law and also on politics.

Just a hunch, but something I want to see. I don't think Viola will die in the first mission since there is an achievement that looks like it is for Viola's simulation.

Killbane dying seems most likely. I don't know about Zimos but I'd be okay with it.
I'm curious to know why Kinzie was so willing to go with Zinyak.
I've seen on the forums that Tasha Grey isn't returning for this game so they might change her voice like they did to Shaundi for Third.

I think they confirmed that some of the old achievements aren't real anymore. Probably the play SRTT on co-op for two(?) hours one.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Killbane dying seems most likely. I don't know about Zimos but I'd be okay with it.
I'm curious to know why Kinzie was so willing to go with Zinyak.
I've seen on the forums that Tasha Grey isn't returning for this game so they might change her voice like they did to Shaundi for Third.

I think they confirmed that some of the old achievements aren't real anymore. Probably the play SRTT on co-op for two(?) hours one.

Well since there hasn't been any trailers, posters or demos with Zimos in, I'm going to guess he'll die at the beginning. He was a very marketable character for the release of SRTT, so I don't see why Volition aren't doing that again since they know they like the character.

I've been wondering about the Kinzie thing too; since Shaundi said she knew about it a long time ago, I'm going to guess she looked too much into Zinyak's invasion plans and was abducted, and then replaced with a duplicate. Either that or she's got some sort of masterplan where she'll ruin Zinyak's simulations by actually sending herself into one, or faking it in a way.

They've said half of the list is fake, but I'm going to guess that's just about the extras and the SRTT:ETD thing. I think half of the story achievements are right though.

I hope Sasha grey is coming back, but she probably left after thinking she wasn't being paid enough. Still, I hope she isn't replaced as I hate that in a videogame; you end up having confusing things like the two shaundis going on.

Zoruagible

After looking at the new achievement list it doesn't look like Viola is coming back unless a DLC comes out.
I'm curious about Oleg's fate.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
After looking at the new achievement list it doesn't look like Viola is coming back unless a DLC comes out.
I'm curious about Oleg's fate.

I don't see why Viola wouldn't be coming back; since a lot of people mistook Shaundi on the SRIV poster as Viola, and Volition had to confirm it was Shaundi, they know that the character is popular. If the first mission involves the player killing Killbane, then I can imagine Angel and Viola dying there.

Looking at the list, we can confirm that the following characters will die:

-Angel De La Muerte - Probably in the first mission

-Viola - Probably in the first mission as well

-Zimos - Zimos could go either way and I'm hoping he'll be around longer than the first mission, but I'm expecting him to die too in the first mission since he hasn't been shown to have his own simulation

-Oleg-We know he'll live after the second mission, so who knows for him.

-Josh-Same as Oleg

One achievement did take my interest though; "Betrayed". This looks like it comes close to the ending of the game, and immediately after, we have to do a mission to save Kinzie from "A fate worse than death" which is probably serving Zinyak. I'm going to take a leap and say that the traitor is either Viola or Oleg, with Viola the most likely. I personally don't understand as the idea of a human betraying a team for an alien is crazy; unless it's not mind-controlled. So with that, I'm sadly going to assume one of those two will betray the Boss, and nearly get Kinzie killed.

It's good to know that Johnny Gat is coming back too, but I hope it is actually him and not a simulation that is brought to life. Maybe the Boss goes into Shaundi's simulation where they watch Gat slowly begin to die, and then watch Loren take him somewhere when they land. I dunno, but I hope it's the real Gat.

Zoruagible

I'm hoping Josh gets killed. When playing the Third I thought we'd get to when he started helping STAG.
If we can abandon Kinzie I'll save before hand save her then re-load and abandon her. I'm mad she is possibly the only Third character getting to survive the game.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'm hoping Josh gets killed. When playing the Third I thought we'd get to when he started helping STAG.
If we can abandon Kinzie I'll save before hand save her then re-load and abandon her. I'm mad she is possibly the only Third character getting to survive the game.

Back before it was announced Johnny Gat was alive and returning for SRIV, I couldn't stand Birk as I blamed him for indirectly causing Gat's death. But now that I know Gat's alive, I don't hate Birk as much as before, but I hope he learns how to shoot a gun properly in this game and takes the hint that Shaundi's mine.

And yeah, I am quite shocked it's only her. I was hoping that her and Angel/Oleg would be the only SRTT era homies to survive, but I had a worrying feeling that Kinzie and Zimos would be the surviving characters as they're the most marketable and have a long developed character.

Also, I went on the SR forums and came across a link to an interesting article, which was another forum but run by reviewers who play upcoming games. They basically said the following:
"Gat is back
We have the ability to **** Kinzie
Two Shaundis for double the fun
And no Zimos
Saints Row done right!"

On the article, they revealed that there is a mission outside the simulation halfway in the game in which we rescue Gat, and it mentions that Zimos is the only character who isn't returning in this game in any form; reference, full appearance or cameo. They've said Dex is referenced in the game, but doesn't appear, meaning he is not killed in the first mission of the game, and is Killbane as I expected.

I'm ecstatic that Zimos isn't returning, but it means the likes of Viola and Angel are indeed returning, which is great.

It's also been inferred as well that multiple endings are returning, but it's more complex. Depending on which loyalty missions or choices we make, certain homies will survive, and certain homies will die. If we also make 100% wrong choices and don't do any loyalty missions at all, we end up losing to the Zin in the end and either surrender or die. And if we make 100% right choices, then all of our homies (The ones shown in the achievements) survive.

The ending achievements also suggest that the game will end with us stealing Zinyak's resources, and with us becoming the new rulers of the Zin Empire, and become a stronger force in Space. This sounds great, but I'm not really a fan of it; they're just turning this game series into the next Red Faction - And we all know how that ended...

But yeah, I'm guessing the following:

Angel dies in the first mission, and perhaps Viola (Though she might not as some footage of the second mission might have been cut, so some important spoilers for the game wouldn't be revealed)
Josh dies in the first 1/4 of the game, perhaps as part of Shaundi's simulation
Viola or Oleg betrays the Saints for Zinyak, and either gets one of the main lietennants killed (If it's Viola, then she gets Oleg killed, if Oleg then he gets Viola killed)
Zinyak kills the traitor, the Boss then kills Zinyak after saving Kinzie, and the Boss rules the Zin Empire with or without the help of his Saints.