• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saints Row Thread

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Honestly I'm not surprised Zimos is going to be completely ignored in this game. He barely helped you out at all and didn't even try to help in the final battle.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_1-nh55YQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2m50s

This pretty much confirms that we'll be killing Cyrus Temple in the first mission. At 2:45, Kinzie says "Cyrus is still _____ so be alert", and then around 2:50, you hear a distorted Cyrus on a mic say "I should have killed you in Steelport!".

This can either be good news or bad news. It's good news in that we finally get to kill him and it does well to help the Saints become popular politicians, however it can also be considered bad news as there is no Killbane, and the whole Angel-Viola-Killbane storyline may just be forgotten.

Originally I had suspected Angel and Viola would die fighting Killbane in this first mission, but it just looks like we're fighting Cyrus and a bunch of terrorists he is working with. Interesting.

Zoruagible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_1-nh55YQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2m50s

This pretty much confirms that we'll be killing Cyrus Temple in the first mission. At 2:45, Kinzie says "Cyrus is still _____ so be alert", and then around 2:50, you hear a distorted Cyrus on a mic say "I should have killed you in Steelport!".

This can either be good news or bad news. It's good news in that we finally get to kill him and it does well to help the Saints become popular politicians, however it can also be considered bad news as there is no Killbane, and the whole Angel-Viola-Killbane storyline may just be forgotten.

Originally I had suspected Angel and Viola would die fighting Killbane in this first mission, but it just looks like we're fighting Cyrus and a bunch of terrorists he is working with. Interesting.

I was right? Wow wasn't expecting that.
I love the suit the Boss wears though. I'll probably use it until I can get Live to download my pre-order Iron Rogue outfit.

Maybe we'll get a Killbane-Dex team up in 5 :D

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Honestly I'm not surprised Zimos is going to be completely ignored in this game. He barely helped you out at all and didn't even try to help in the final battle.

Plus, he was kind of a gimmick character. I thought the gimmick was funny, mind you, but he didn't have much to offer besides being constantly auto-tuned and being the butt of a fair few jokes. His main plot importance kinda falls off before the second chapter ends.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Plus, he was kind of a gimmick character. I thought the gimmick was funny, mind you, but he didn't have much to offer besides being constantly auto-tuned and being the butt of a fair few jokes. His main plot importance kinda falls off before the second chapter ends.

He was just a character that was included at the last second. That was the main problem with SRTT; the writers and devs had too many ideas they tried to cram, and realised they had to take some out, and left gaps.

Originally, there were going to be four separate gangs; those that were in the Syndicate, and an all female gang led by Viola and Kiki, with Loren's Morningstars as all males. Loren's stronghold would have been the gunstore Powder, and the Dewynter's stronghold would have been Safeword. The developers felt that there wasn't a need to include Zimos to take down Viola and Kiki's gang, as they would eventually join you anyway, and you'd just take out Loren early on in the story. Then, they decided to try and milk the Morningstar in to make the game longer (For about 15 minutes extra) and did a three mission long strand for Viola's morningstar.

Then, they put in Zimos. He was never in the cinematic trailer, or the majority of posters, and only in a few gameplay trailers and one poster. That was it. Moreso, he wasn't remembered at all beyond the Morningstar strand, with the exception of Stag Film, but that doesn't even count anyway as it's an alternate ending.

My opinion? He was just an underdeveloped last minute character that was just included for marketing. Now that Volition know the fans want something smarter and well-developed but slightly OTT, they've got rid of the old and in with the new (Sort of) with characters like Ben King, Matt Miller and Keith David. With that, it works well, and they introduce one of the new characters (Asha) in the first mission to make life easier for you to acknowledge her.

To be honest it probably doesn't matter anyway for Zimos since, aside from SR fans, hardly any other gamer would remember him.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever

If you look closely at about 0:58ish, you'll see Johnny punching Loren in the face whilst the old man is on the ground.

Also, the official voice actors list has been revealed, and has spoiled the return of certain characters:

-Maero
-Warren Williams
-Tanya Dewynter
-Antony "Big Tony" Green
-DJ Veteran Child
-Philippe Loren

I personally cannot wait to get my team of Gat+Ben King+Hippie Shaundi together so we can take back the Goddamn world. This game looks so, so damn good. Judging from this trailer, it looks like Johnny's loyalty missions will revolve around killing Professor Genki and Loren, which is really cool, especially since Johnny's a rival of the former.

Zoruagible

If you look closely at about 0:58ish, you'll see Johnny punching Loren in the face whilst the old man is on the ground.

Also, the official voice actors list has been revealed, and has spoiled the return of certain characters:

-Maero
-Warren Williams
-Tanya Dewynter
-Antony "Big Tony" Green
-DJ Veteran Child
-Philippe Loren

I personally cannot wait to get my team of Gat+Ben King+Hippie Shaundi together so we can take back the Goddamn world. This game looks so, so damn good. Judging from this trailer, it looks like Johnny's loyalty missions will revolve around killing Professor Genki and Loren, which is really cool, especially since Johnny's a rival of the former.

Yeah I noticed that on the Saint Row forums last night. The entire Vice Kings is back. No Rollerz though.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Yeah I noticed that on the Saint Row forums last night. The entire Vice Kings is back. No Rollerz though.

Well, it'll just be these characters that are returning as they'll be apart of our homies' simulations.

Ben King - Vice Kings simulation
Shaundi - Veteran Child simulation
Johnny Gat - Philippe Loren simulation
??? - Maero simulation (Perhaps either Boss or Pierce)

What I've found interesting recently is reading an article on the chain of missions in the storyline we have:

Mission 1 - Kill Cyrus, save the US and go on the road to Presidency
Mission 2 - Become the President, watch your crew fall, then be kidnapped
Mission 3 - Go through the simulation, discover the truth, realise it's too late
* Montage of gaming, with things like racing, gang operations and hotspots/towers
Mission 4 - Escape the Alien Spaceship with Kinzie and Keith David (Reunite with Oleg and Josh, who went into hiding and weren't abducted by the Zin, this part's confirmed)
Mission 5-Something to do with fighting characters from your past
Mission 6-Something about seeing Matt Miller naked 0_0

I still want to know who betrays the Saints though; I hope it's not a homie and is just someone like Gryphon or another politician. Though if it is a homie, it'll most likely be Viola (If she's in this game) or Oleg somehow (Would explain how he isn't abducted).

Zoruagible

Well, it'll just be these characters that are returning as they'll be apart of our homies' simulations.

Ben King - Vice Kings simulation
Shaundi - Veteran Child simulation
Johnny Gat - Philippe Loren simulation
??? - Maero simulation (Perhaps either Boss or Pierce)

What I've found interesting recently is reading an article on the chain of missions in the storyline we have:

Mission 1 - Kill Cyrus, save the US and go on the road to Presidency
Mission 2 - Become the President, watch your crew fall, then be kidnapped
Mission 3 - Go through the simulation, discover the truth, realise it's too late
* Montage of gaming, with things like racing, gang operations and hotspots/towers
Mission 4 - Escape the Alien Spaceship with Kinzie and Keith David (Reunite with Oleg and Josh, who went into hiding and weren't abducted by the Zin, this part's confirmed)
Mission 5-Something to do with fighting characters from your past
Mission 6-Something about seeing Matt Miller naked 0_0

I still want to know who betrays the Saints though; I hope it's not a homie and is just someone like Gryphon or another politician. Though if it is a homie, it'll most likely be Viola (If she's in this game) or Oleg somehow (Would explain how he isn't abducted).

Pierce's is the celebs/giant soda mascot one.
Mission 6 will scar my character for life. 0_0
Looking forward to killing Veteran Child though.
Hope the traitor is Josh. He's too much of a wimp to be with the Saints. He bailed in the bank robbery and I was hoping we would get to kill him. Plus I think he would be more than willing to help the Zin if they threatened him or threatened to kill Shaundi.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Pierce's is the celebs/giant soda mascot one.
Mission 6 will scar my character for life. 0_0
Looking forward to killing Veteran Child though.
Hope the traitor is Josh. He's too much of a wimp to be with the Saints. He bailed in the bank robbery and I was hoping we would get to kill him. Plus I think he would be more than willing to help the Zin if they threatened him or threatened to kill Shaundi.

I know Pierce's simulation revolves around the mascots, but it could just have Maero in for a cameo too. Though I'm leaning toawrds Maero appearing in the Boss's simulation, as one achievement mentions "Blast from the past" and has you fighting clones. The achievement pic is a pic of the default male protagonist from SR2, so Maero might be in that.

I'm looking forward to seeing Matt in that mission, but I'm still torn whether I like him or not. He worked for the Syndicate and mocked the Boss for Gat's death, but Gat's alive and Matt was only doing what he was told to do by Killbane...So I'm still torn on him.

Killing Veteran Child a second time will be cool, though I'm just pumped Neil Patrick Harris is returning, he's such an awesome actor.

Apart of me wants to say that the traitor is either Matt, Viola or Kinzie. Matt because I'm skeptical as to whether he's truly a good character, Viola because of her role in Gat's supposed death and Kinzie because she was acting weirdly in the second mission. Regardless though, I think someone will end up dying in that mission.

I think I've worked out as well how the alternate endings work after looking through the achievements; it depends on which loyalty missions, quests and perhaps romances that you do. One achievement mentions that you defeat Zinyak with the full help of your homies (Saints and Sensibility achievement), so I think the success of your victory over defeating Zinyak depends on which of your homies is the strongest.

If, for example, you've done Gat's and Shaundi's loyalty missions and no one else's, those other characters are more likely to die and will not be able to offer their support to you in the final mission. I think that the achievement "Fall to the Zin in the end" requires you to do no loyalty missions/quests/extra missions for your homies, and have them all die in the last mission and due to that, you cannot defeat Zinyak on your own.

Just a theory I had. I know for a fact though that I'll be doing Gat's, Shaundi's and Pierce's loyalty missions right away, and maybe Ben King afterwards, just so that they can get superpowers straight away.

Zoruagible

I know Pierce's simulation revolves around the mascots, but it could just have Maero in for a cameo too. Though I'm leaning toawrds Maero appearing in the Boss's simulation, as one achievement mentions "Blast from the past" and has you fighting clones. The achievement pic is a pic of the default male protagonist from SR2, so Maero might be in that.

I'm looking forward to seeing Matt in that mission, but I'm still torn whether I like him or not. He worked for the Syndicate and mocked the Boss for Gat's death, but Gat's alive and Matt was only doing what he was told to do by Killbane...So I'm still torn on him.

Killing Veteran Child a second time will be cool, though I'm just pumped Neil Patrick Harris is returning, he's such an awesome actor.

Apart of me wants to say that the traitor is either Matt, Viola or Kinzie. Matt because I'm skeptical as to whether he's truly a good character, Viola because of her role in Gat's supposed death and Kinzie because she was acting weirdly in the second mission. Regardless though, I think someone will end up dying in that mission.

I think I've worked out as well how the alternate endings work after looking through the achievements; it depends on which loyalty missions, quests and perhaps romances that you do. One achievement mentions that you defeat Zinyak with the full help of your homies (Saints and Sensibility achievement), so I think the success of your victory over defeating Zinyak depends on which of your homies is the strongest.

If, for example, you've done Gat's and Shaundi's loyalty missions and no one else's, those other characters are more likely to die and will not be able to offer their support to you in the final mission. I think that the achievement "Fall to the Zin in the end" requires you to do no loyalty missions/quests/extra missions for your homies, and have them all die in the last mission and due to that, you cannot defeat Zinyak on your own.

Just a theory I had. I know for a fact though that I'll be doing Gat's, Shaundi's and Pierce's loyalty missions right away, and maybe Ben King afterwards, just so that they can get superpowers straight away.

I love Matt. I felt sorry for him and hoped he'd join too.
I'm doing Peirce's and Kinzie's last since those are the Saints I don't like. I'll probably do Asha's first since I'm making her my Boss's romantic interest.
I still hope it is Birk. I've been wanting to kill him for a long time.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
For those of you who are interested, here's Matt Miller's loyalty mission if you haven't seen it. So far, only Pierce's and Matt's have been revealed through footage, whilst the likes of Asha's and Shaundi's have been hinted in terms of what to expect;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsFT4uN0-I

If anyone wants to ask for any other useful gameplay/mission coverage, just holla.

Zoruagible

For those of you who are interested, here's Matt Miller's loyalty mission if you haven't seen it. So far, only Pierce's and Matt's have been revealed through footage, whilst the likes of Asha's and Shaundi's have been hinted in terms of what to expect;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsFT4uN0-I

If anyone wants to ask for any other useful gameplay/mission coverage, just holla.

It looks awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

Anyone else buying the Season pass?

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
It looks awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

Anyone else buying the Season pass?

I might, if they release the three mission packs DLC really early. I'm not going to buy anything else tbh; the director's cut sounds interesting, but if that's just Stephen Colbert as a homie and dragons in the game...Then I'm going to steer away.

Also, here's a video showing all of the romance options and cutscenes within the game; some of them are longer than the one Kinzie had in the War For Humanity trailer, and offer dialogue, but other than the cutscene, they have no other relevance in the game. Still, it's good for the fans;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3WT_XepsI

Personally, Shaundi's was sweet, Ben King's was smooth, Johnny's was moving and Matt Miller's was hilarious. Was anyone else crept out by Gat watching the Boss and Pierce do it in the background? :D

Also, whoever gave me rep points(Didn't know they came back until I got some); thanks!

Last edited:

Zoruagible

I might, if they release the three mission packs DLC really early. I'm not going to buy anything else tbh; the director's cut sounds interesting, but if that's just Stephen Colbert as a homie and dragons in the game...Then I'm going to steer away.

Also, here's a video showing all of the romance options and cutscenes within the game; some of them are longer than the one Kinzie had in the War For Humanity trailer, and offer dialogue, but other than the cutscene, they have no other relevance in the game. Still, it's good for the fans;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3WT_XepsI

Personally, Shaundi's was sweet, Ben King's was smooth, Johnny's was moving and Matt Miller's was hilarious. Was anyone else crept out by Gat watching the Boss and Pierce do it in the background? :D

Also, whoever gave me rep points(Didn't know they came back until I got some); thanks!
No Viola :(
Yeah, I loved Shaundi's the best.
Looks like we aren't getting a Zin homie but we can romance a robot. :D

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
No Viola :(
Yeah, I loved Shaundi's the best.
Looks like we aren't getting a Zin homie but we can romance a robot. :D

IdolNinja gave his final review on the game a few days ago, and he outrightly confirmed Angel, Viola and Zimos aren't in the game. It's a shame because the audio logs were leaked recently, and Viola had some, but they won't be in the game. Hopefully that means she'll be DLC.
Shaundi's was awesome, but if Kinzie's was longer, then I'd go with her everytime.
Personally, I'd prefer Oleg over CID everyday. CID is just annoying whereas Oleg is an actual badass.

A lot of information has been revealed recently over SRIV, if anyone's interested for specific details, then I recommend checking out the official SR forums. A couple of past game antagonists like Jyunichi of the Ronin and Will Sharp of the Rollerz have been confirmed to return as reconstructed homies in this game, and even Lin is back. Yes, Lin. Carlos sadly isn't, but he is mentioned a lot in the audio logs by Gat, Maero and some other characters. The name of the supposed traitor in the game that betrays the player near the end has also been revealed, but I won't post it here for obvious spoilers. It's a character you don't expect at first, but when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Idolninja has also promised that the homie conversations are fantastic, particularly with characters that despise each other. So I cannot wait to have Johnny Gat+Veteran Child+Philippe Loren on my rooster, just so I can beat up Loren whenever I feel like it, listen to Neil Patrick Harris and watch Johnny be Johnny :D

Zoruagible

IdolNinja gave his final review on the game a few days ago, and he outrightly confirmed Angel, Viola and Zimos aren't in the game. It's a shame because the audio logs were leaked recently, and Viola had some, but they won't be in the game. Hopefully that means she'll be DLC.
Shaundi's was awesome, but if Kinzie's was longer, then I'd go with her everytime.
Personally, I'd prefer Oleg over CID everyday. CID is just annoying whereas Oleg is an actual badass.

A lot of information has been revealed recently over SRIV, if anyone's interested for specific details, then I recommend checking out the official SR forums. A couple of past game antagonists like Jyunichi of the Ronin and Will Sharp of the Rollerz have been confirmed to return as reconstructed homies in this game, and even Lin is back. Yes, Lin. Carlos sadly isn't, but he is mentioned a lot in the audio logs by Gat, Maero and some other characters. The name of the supposed traitor in the game that betrays the player near the end has also been revealed, but I won't post it here for obvious spoilers. It's a character you don't expect at first, but when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Idolninja has also promised that the homie conversations are fantastic, particularly with characters that despise each other. So I cannot wait to have Johnny Gat+Veteran Child+Philippe Loren on my rooster, just so I can beat up Loren whenever I feel like it, listen to Neil Patrick Harris and watch Johnny be Johnny :D

Lin, Philippe, and Jyunichi? Anyone got a spare time machine I can borrow? :D
I was hoping Shogo would become a homie since he was my favorite Ronin.
I'm going to beat up Veteran Child a lot. He is the gang member I hate most besides Pierce. Disappointed Sunshine can't be a homie. It would be nice having voodoo powers on our side.
I can't believe it's only 5 days until the game is out.