• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saints Row Thread

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Lin, Philippe, and Jyunichi? Anyone got a spare time machine I can borrow? :D
I was hoping Shogo would become a homie since he was my favorite Ronin.
I'm going to beat up Veteran Child a lot. He is the gang member I hate most besides Pierce. Disappointed Sunshine can't be a homie. It would be nice having voodoo powers on our side.
I can't believe it's only 5 days until the game is out.

Five days for you, seven days for me :(

Btw, if you want to spoil the first couple of missions of the game for yourself, look no further;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_p_LHnyLLI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBYXYskkzGl49aVbhCBiiPg

This nice man has done all of the rescue simulations and one or two of the loyalty missions as well. A lot of nice footage here, but not too spoilerish. We've still yet to seen Gat for example to appear, and we didn't get to see the small alternate ending of bowing down to the Zin Empire, but there is a lot of good videos there.

The argument between SRTT and SR2 Shaundis is priceless, and Kinzie's reaction to the Boss wanting to save Matt Miller first is funny;

"So, who do you want to save first? Pierce? Shaundi?"
"Matt"
"Wait, Matt Miller? Why, he tried to kill you before, and he hasn't helped you that much in the past"
"Him and you were the two smartest people on Earth who could deal with this Alien bull****, and I guess you could do with the help"
"I'm getting on just fine without Miller thank you"
"Two heads are better than one Kinzie"

Later, after saving him from the loyalty mission, the three of you are sitting around a small table playing poker, and Keith asks when are you going to rescue Matt from the alien ship. The Boss said he forgot and has no idea, and Kinzie said she did but didn't care, and wanted Matt to suffer. You then see a cutscene of him naked, hiding in the shadows from aliens.

It's quite funny later on when you save Ben King and everyone is listening to your conversation, and Ben King shouts "You saved MATT before me!? You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?"

But after watching Asha's simulation, I've grown to like her as a character actually, and Matt is now one of my favourites too. Everyone has noticed Keith's similarities to Julius, which is quite foreshadowing, and the Boss seems adamant early on that Gat is alive. "She's wrong. He is alive, and he's in there! Sit tight, I'm going to save my best friend."

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Five days for you, seven days for me :(

Btw, if you want to spoil the first couple of missions of the game for yourself, look no further;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_p_LHnyLLI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBYXYskkzGl49aVbhCBiiPg

This nice man has done all of the rescue simulations and one or two of the loyalty missions as well. A lot of nice footage here, but not too spoilerish. We've still yet to seen Gat for example to appear, and we didn't get to see the small alternate ending of bowing down to the Zin Empire, but there is a lot of good videos there.

The argument between SRTT and SR2 Shaundis is priceless, and Kinzie's reaction to the Boss wanting to save Matt Miller first is funny;

"So, who do you want to save first? Pierce? Shaundi?"
"Matt"
"Wait, Matt Miller? Why, he tried to kill you before, and he hasn't helped you that much in the past"
"Him and you were the two smartest people on Earth who could deal with this Alien bull****, and I guess you could do with the help"
"I'm getting on just fine without Miller thank you"
"Two heads are better than one Kinzie"

Later, after saving him from the loyalty mission, the three of you are sitting around a small table playing poker, and Keith asks when are you going to rescue Matt from the alien ship. The Boss said he forgot and has no idea, and Kinzie said she did but didn't care, and wanted Matt to suffer. You then see a cutscene of him naked, hiding in the shadows from aliens.

It's quite funny later on when you save Ben King and everyone is listening to your conversation, and Ben King shouts "You saved MATT before me!? You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?"

But after watching Asha's simulation, I've grown to like her as a character actually, and Matt is now one of my favourites too. Everyone has noticed Keith's similarities to Julius, which is quite foreshadowing, and the Boss seems adamant early on that Gat is alive. "She's wrong. He is alive, and he's in there! Sit tight, I'm going to save my best friend."

Watched a bit of that. CID's voice is so annoying.
I'm waiting for a Lin video to pop up.
I just realized. We don't have a Carnales in our homie list yet. Wonder if we'll get one.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Watched a bit of that. CID's voice is so annoying.
I'm waiting for a Lin video to pop up.
I just realized. We don't have a Carnales in our homie list yet. Wonder if we'll get one.

Well, I've just watched an almost complete SRIV walkthrough, and so I can answer your questions;

Lin doesn't actually appear from what I've seen. Maybe she appears in Gat's or Kinzie's loyalty missions, but from what I've seen, she doesn't. Nor does Will Sharp either.
The Carnales don't appear either from what I've seen. Only the Vice Kings, Ronin, Brotherhood and the Morningstar.

Killbane appears in a text based adventure, as does Jyunichi and Warren Williams, and the likes of Maero, Tanya, Anthony Green, Loren and Veteran Child are in loyalty missions. The reason for Gat's "death" is fully explained and believable, and the whole "Traitor" thing with the Saints is done brilliantly and also has a good ending.

You also get to go into EVERYONE's simulations. And characters like Donnie don't appear, but Zimos and Angel are mentioned a lot, and the ending with Zinyak was done brilliantly too. There's even a special scene after the credits with the Saints crew, and it's...It's fantastic. Completely hilarity.

Zoruagible

Well, I've just watched an almost complete SRIV walkthrough, and so I can answer your questions;

Lin doesn't actually appear from what I've seen. Maybe she appears in Gat's or Kinzie's loyalty missions, but from what I've seen, she doesn't. Nor does Will Sharp either.
The Carnales don't appear either from what I've seen. Only the Vice Kings, Ronin, Brotherhood and the Morningstar.

Killbane appears in a text based adventure, as does Jyunichi and Warren Williams, and the likes of Maero, Tanya, Anthony Green, Loren and Veteran Child are in loyalty missions. The reason for Gat's "death" is fully explained and believable, and the whole "Traitor" thing with the Saints is done brilliantly and also has a good ending.

You also get to go into EVERYONE's simulations. And characters like Donnie don't appear, but Zimos and Angel are mentioned a lot, and the ending with Zinyak was done brilliantly too. There's even a special scene after the credits with the Saints crew, and it's...It's fantastic. Completely hilarity.
I agree the traitor thing was good. That's one of the last things I watched.
I saw a complete list of the voice logs and Viola, Sharp, Donnie, and Lin have them. Looks like the Rollerz are part of the ETD DLC. Donnie's voice logs were great.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I agree the traitor thing was good. That's one of the last things I watched.
I saw a complete list of the voice logs and Viola, Sharp, Donnie, and Lin have them. Looks like the Rollerz are part of the ETD DLC. Donnie's voice logs were great.

Viola's audio logs were taken out by Volition, and will apparently be included in the ETD DLC, so my prediction of her being set up either for normal DLC or mission DLC are true. I really do hope they pull a twist in the mission DLC pack with something like, "As the head of the federal reserve, Viola was able to use some of the money to fund a security protocol of sorts to protect the States incase World War erupted" and she ended up building her own spaceship or managed to steal one of Zinyak's. I know Oleg's dead (Done badly imo, he was a full on idiot when he died) and Kinzie said Viola was dead, but I am suspicious.

I also didn't see anything on Lin, Donnie or Will Sharp at all. One of them might be in Kinzie's loyalty mission (Doubt they'd be in Gat's, his is all about Loren and Genki) but I'm really doubting it. One of the reviewers said that Donnie ended up becoming a crewmate on the ship, which has now been proven false.

I must say that I love how Volition handled the story and characters for this one, and I love the idea of having Ben King and Matt Miller around, even if King's voice actor sounds exactly like Pierce. His super-homie outfit imo looks ridiculous as well; no hair, no beard, looks about 30 instead of 45+, and looks like Nick Fury. Definitely not how I'd do his character.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Sometimes I feel like coming on here and Dropping the #FAIJ Taunt .. Serebii won't let be swap the ban hammer for the Penitrator!

XD No idea how much I lol'd at that.

The "Full" good ending has been revealed for Saints Row IV, I'll post it in spoiler tags;

The game ends with the Boss decapitating Zinyak, and throwing his head onto the ground after going up to Zinyak's old throne chair. All of the Zin Empire look on and kneel, whilst the Saints regroup in front of the Boss and are happy with what's happening.

The real fun starts when the Boss shouts "So do I get a special manservant or something?" and then Zinjai arrives, proclaiming himself as Zinyak's professional first-hand assistant. The Boss asks Zinjai if there really is a way to restore Earth, but the latter says it is half true; the Earth is destroyed, but it can be brought back via time-travel, which Zinyak was obsessed with. The Boss stands astounded, with Pierce shouting "Hey, don't start teasing us Boss" and the leader replies "Time for a rewind".

The final scene after the credits is set after the Saints "Rewrote most of history", where the Boss looks at some of the famous humans that Zinyak kidnapped. The Boss looks to one woman in particular, and the panel reveals her as Jane Austen. Then, the game ends. If they really do make SRV, then it'll probably be set with the Saints travelling through time, so the possibilities are endless.

A decent ending I guess, with a lot of potential for a sequel. But the problem are the choices, the multiple endings, and the fact that anyone beside the Boss could die in this game, so it's a lot like the BLOPS2 storyline. Personally I wish they stuck with the gangster style, but if the next storyline is written as well as this one, then I'm happy regardless.

I really hope there will be another sequel, but again, Volition have left it really open in terms of what can happen next.

Every time I see this thread, it annoys me that the title isn't "Saints Row: The Thread" (I hope you get it)

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
This is quite interesting;

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Audio_Logs

It suggests that originally, during the development stages before Volition decided to bring in Keith David and Asha Odekar, Oleg and Viola were to have their audio logs within the game, and may have had longer/established roles. It would have been nice to see the two involved in the politics side of the game early on, and also see a Super-powered Oleg and be able to romance Viola,but I guess we will get more on this in the ETD Director's Cut DLC pack.

Zoruagible

I got my copy of the game and will start playing it later. I have the pre-order DLC downloading.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I got my copy of the game and will start playing it later. I have the pre-order DLC downloading.

Nice, hope you enjoy it. In the UK, it doesn't come out until Friday, so I have to wait two days.

Before I came back here, I watched a youtube video of all the upgrades in the game, and in the homies section, Julius Little was listed as a reconstructed homie. I have no idea where we would unlock him from in terms of missions, as we've seen all of the loyalty missions, and Gat's and Kinzie's both unlock Loren and Cyrus Temple respectively. And Keith David doesn't have any loyalty missions either, and his quest for gaining superpowers unlocks Roddy Piper.

Despite how well the story is written, I do think they've gone too far with this game. Time-travelling? Space? Superpowers? Seeing Gat again was nice and all, but listening to him shouting "Damn! UFO in the sky!" killed me inside. At least with SRTT, we'd only ever hear Pierce shouting "They're comin' in with Choppers". But UFOS and aliens? For Saints Row? It's a little too far.

Zoruagible

Nice, hope you enjoy it. In the UK, it doesn't come out until Friday, so I have to wait two days.

Before I came back here, I watched a youtube video of all the upgrades in the game, and in the homies section, Julius Little was listed as a reconstructed homie. I have no idea where we would unlock him from in terms of missions, as we've seen all of the loyalty missions, and Gat's and Kinzie's both unlock Loren and Cyrus Temple respectively. And Keith David doesn't have any loyalty missions either, and his quest for gaining superpowers unlocks Roddy Piper.

Despite how well the story is written, I do think they've gone too far with this game. Time-travelling? Space? Superpowers? Seeing Gat again was nice and all, but listening to him shouting "Damn! UFO in the sky!" killed me inside. At least with SRTT, we'd only ever hear Pierce shouting "They're comin' in with Choppers". But UFOS and aliens? For Saints Row? It's a little too far.
Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I keep forgetting to get that explosive pistol though.
I haven't rescued anyone yet but the Matt mission is up next.

I am loving the telekinesis power. It's fun being able to throw cars at the enemies.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
SR4 Steam users can now Dress up as Jonny Gat or Aisha in the new DLC.. $0 for 1 day: http://store.steampowered.com/app/247295/

Makes me wonder why Aisha was never a homie in SRIV. Though to be fair, dozen of other characters like Loren, Nyte Blade, Mr Sunshine, Akuji and some others were homies, wish they were just left in the game; through mods, they're compatible.

It's fair to say as well, that the majority of games will end up buying GTA V then buying SR DLC. I'll buy GATV pack maybe just to have Gat's hair, and when Enter The Dominatrix comes out as well, but Volition do the worst DLC for Saints Row otherwise. No one wants gimmicky clothes like dressing up as George Washington, or looking like a second rate Johnny Gat; we want gameplay, MORE CONTENT.

That's my problem with Saints Row now; it took me under half a day to do all the missions of Saints Row 4, including loyalty missions. 100%ing it took three days afterwards. With GTA V? A couple of my friends bought the game today and have played it all morning and up to now since getting 13 hours ago - And the game says they've only done 8.43%, and they feel they've done a ton of missions and collectibles. What does that tell you?