• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

salamances sprites

Jaguar297

I'm back!
I like the first the rest are good but I think you can improve them a little more! Even I, I try to make good Sprites and my friend Oske is very good. If you continue your work I think it will turn out as nice sprites!

Yami Ryu

Why.. is no one actually trying to help the spriter improve?

Because I have seen good sprites.

These are not them.

Your sprites are cut and pastish; poorly recolored and poorly placed. It seems you don't try and scratch at all and just hope and pray the part fits, without any further editing from lobbing the body part off and attaching it to the new host sprite.

Ending up with poor attachment; poor coloring; conflicting shading and overall bad quality sprites.

Go read the Tutorial that is stickied for scratching, splicing and further good tips and tricks to help you get better. Take your time also, and don't produce sprites out after 20 seconds of slap n dash work.

salamance trainer

SALAMANCE RULES
;486;;486;;249;;249;;381; this is called inverted brellygon z
i like making inverted pokemon.

they need some more work on the outline, and please, don't save as a JPG

Tyran

Blast from the past
this is called inverted brellygon z
i like making inverted pokemon.

...? Really do me favor and read these 2 threads:Read and Learn Read and Use
1. that what you call inverting is just pressing ctrl+i in MS Paint...
2. Save in .PNG

Gawd why the flood of newbies all of sudden!?

EDIT; I saw that you blatantly copied and pasted the sprites of Soulpaladin. DON'T STEAL give credit!
Please read the comments that people make (especially the long comments with criticism) and learn from them.
And Reply to the ones that make a comment about your work.

Seriously i'm seeing the start of an epic failure >.>

Last edited:

Metamence

EDIT; I saw that you blatantly copied and pasted the sprites of Soulpaladin. DON'T STEAL give credit!
Seriously i'm being the start of an epic failure >.>
He didn't steal them.Soulpaladin was showing him how to improve his lack of good english/he used chat speak.:/
I am pretty sure he saved it as PNG or you were C+Cing the other sprites.
Stop being so rough on him.

Last edited:

b3an0b0y

Some of the sprites look fuzzy and blurry, try changing it. But I do like most of them.

B3an0b0y|y0b0na3B

Chocolate Pokemon

Black&White=NoRacism
You remembering to save as PNG.! but i don't want to keep talking about that so I rate:
Turanizelf: 7.5/10
Buff Forme: 7.5

Overall: Not bad!

Metamence

Well on your new sprites: The lighter shades are replaced by a darker shade, it looks like you copy flipped meaning that you took a peice of a Pokemon and used it for the left and right of it and it ruins the shading. Your outlines need work because it doesn't match the current coloring. On the Turtwing one the head has too many black outlines and it looks cartoony..
And IMO the green looks a little pastey and I recommend changing the green to a brighter shade like Torterra's.
Well i don't know if you know this but I recommend that you do the eraser trick if you were using MS Paint (Youtube it)