• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Salamence vs. Gaburaisu

Salamence vs. Gaburaisu

• Salamence

Votes: 45 41.7%
  • Gaburaisu

Votes: 63 58.3%

• Total voters

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
whats Gaburaisu again? im not good with the japenese names

Keegan™

Here's a picture:

dpmfa445.png
:D

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Salamence cause its stronger.

Saur

i like both but gabraisus more

theprp29

Well Salamance is actuall weaker, based on stats, in almost every category. Gaburaisu has higher hp, defense, sp. defense, and speed.
The only difference is that Salamance has a better attack and special attack.

But in a head to head battle Gaburaisu would win since neither knows an ice attack, which is almost an instance k.o for both of them. So with both using dragon claw, which is both Pokemon best move, and with Gaburaisu being faster and be better equiped to surive Salamances attacks. Gaburaisu would win with 2 claw attacks.

Last edited:

Rakurai

I don't like either of them that much, but I go with Gaburaisu, simply for the fact that he's a land shark.

Kairyu

Throwing some d's
Dragonite. It DD the best next Tar. Its CB 2HKOs most things. Mence is beat by most if not all of Gabus counter but has DD, less predictable, better defensive type, and better trait. Nite is even less predictable has focus punch, elemental punches, better SDef with Outrage. Gabu is a one trick pony that relies on SD and EQ. Nite and Gabu easily survive an Ice beam but Nite/Mence can heal itself. Nite does have a crappy trait which must be known. It actually depends on youre team for which one you want to use. They are pretty Equal IMO.

Last edited:

MaxPegasus42

The Violent Angel
Its simple, Gaburaisu is better overall as Swords Dance makes it outclass Salamence, as your typical Salamence uses Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake or what have you; your Gabuaraisu will use Swords Dance, Dragon Claw and have a STABed Earthquake to work with as well...

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
But in a head to head battle Gaburaisu would win since neither knows an ice attack, which is almost an instance k.o for both of them. So with both using dragon claw, which is both Pokemon best move, and with Gaburaisu being faster and be better equiped to surive Salamances attacks. Gaburaisu would win with 2 claw attacks.

Intimidate and the fact that Mence ohko's with Dragon Claw ruins that.

Gaburaisu is over-hyped, it isn't better then Salamence.

Gaburaisu
- Electric Immune / Rock Resist
- Sand Veil
- Swords Dance
- No Recovery Move
- Predictable, only a Physical attacker is viable

Salamence
- Ground Immune / Fighting Resist
- Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Feather Rest / Wish
- Unpredictable, can attack with both sides and can also stall.

Ground/Fighting attacks are more common then Electric/Rock, and Mence can switch into Heracross easily. Intimidate completely rapes Sand Veil. Dragon Dance is better then Swords Dance, SD is pointless if they bring in a faster Weavile on your SD, on a DD you just KO it next turn. Feather Rest is better then Rest as your only form of recovery.

Salamence is just better, period.

Also Dragonite is too slow to be a useful Dragon Dancer as it needs 2 DD's to even start thinking about outspeeding Jolteon/Crobat/Aerodactyl, and it can't really switch in on anything.

light_trainer921

Vatonage Ranger
I prefer both of them. They're are so cool that I can't choose. Since Ground has no effect on Flying, I voted Salamence.