• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Salamence vs. Gaburaisu

Salamence vs. Gaburaisu

• Salamence

Votes: 45 41.7%
  • Gaburaisu

Votes: 63 58.3%

• Total voters

Megamiz

Neverchanging Avvie
Jolly Gabu outspeeds the standard Mence everytime. Intimidate could ruin Gabu's fun, but if Gabu switches into Mence, Gabu's Dragon Claw becomes a OHKO (that is how it usually plays out over Wi-Fi for me).

2kool4skool

Orange Champion
Stat wise, Gaburaisu is better but I still prefer Salamence.

Skylink

Epitome of Eloquence
Why is Dragonite not in this poll? He's clearly superior to both.
Dragonite bests Gaburaisu in everything but Speed and HP. His defenses and Special Attack are much higher making his Dragon type moves much more potent against other dragons (since Dragon is weak to Dragon)

Dragonite and Salamence are close in stat, but Dragonite's defenses are at least 10 points higher in Base, while Salamence's attacks are only about 1-5 points greater. Salamence is also faster. HOwever, due to it's low Sp.Def Dragonite can kill it easily with Dragon moves.

Dragonite is also the only one out of the three able to use Ice Moves(Ice Beam, Blizzard, Mist, and Haze) which can be just as potent against them. Although he's slowest of the 3, he boasts higher defenses. Set him with a Dragon Dance/Agility, Dragon Claw, Earthquake/(stab)WingAttack, and Ice Beam/Flamethrower. and You have a Superior Dragon.

or just for fun. Mist/Haze, Meteoric Swarm, Earthquake, Stone Edge. MSwarm with out any setbacks.

2kool4skool

Orange Champion
His defenses and Special Attack are much higher making his Dragon type moves much more potent against other dragons (since Dragon is weak to Dragon)
Except not all Dragon moves are special.

Shadow of Absol

Silent Shadow
Gaburaisu, much cooler looking :3

Can't say, cuz They're both in my Party rofl. But it'd have to be Gaburaisu, since it's faster and it's ATK Base Stat is 130, just like Salamence.

wait isnt salamence atk 135...anyways ill go with salamence cause of intimidate, immune to ground,and dragon dance users...actually they can take each other out depending on the situation...

Red1062

So Cool
They both are good and can take each other out, there kind of the same

ZeRoBlaSt

Worst Fad Ever
I hate both of their designs, but I'd say the new dragon/ground pokemon looks worse. It's like Sharpedo + Sceptile with a Carvahna colorization. As far as how they do in battle, I don't know yet, so I won't say.

M. Espeon

Magic Bounce Espeon
His defenses and Special Attack are much higher making his Dragon type moves much more potent against other dragons (since Dragon is weak to Dragon)
Well, there's that move type split thing, which means there's physical and special moves of any type. Dragon Claw's physical now.

And seeing as Dragonite is not in this duel, I voted Salamence.

...though I would have voted Salamence either way. Nothing wrong with Gaburaisu, but I like Salamence a bit more.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I really can't choose.

I never fighted with Gaburaisu, and i did with Salamence.

They're both VERY cool and strong looking.