• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Same-sex marriage and gay rights in general: Yes or No?

Your stance on gay marriage and gay rights?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
Wasn't aware that all the men and women that get raped by gay men and women in prison were consenting. Must have slipped my mind.

Yes, because heterosexuals don't rape at all. Nope, they don't. You're not bigoted and prejuced at all! <3 Seriously, saying just gays rape in prison (even though the nice lady earlier in the thread proved that gays are more often the victims) makes you sound incredebly arrogant.

And don't call me darling if I'm offending you. I don't give a hoot if I am because almost everyone I know thinks that gay marriage is a joke, so it's hard to tell if that really is offensive.

Honey, I'm a Southern girl, that's how I talk.

BTW, you being gay really offends me. Maybe you should rethink your decision.

Ok, I'm going to say this again, just for you, 'k?

Being
Gay
Is
Not
A
Choice

Ask any gay person and they'll tell you the same thing. If you're ignoring personal experience that makes you a prejuced bigot. This is you, Honey.

John13wb: Being Gay is a choice, I'm going to ignore all evidence -personal and otherwise- because it doesn't agree with my opinion! Yuppers, I'm a bigot, sue me!

This is what I read; it really doesn't make you look very good, honey. On the contrary, it makes you look a tad bit bigoted, tbh.

Oh yeah, Ethan, if you ban me, it just proves that you've given up the debate and I win. Maybe you're just insecure.

Darling, perhaps if you wern't such a rude bigot he wouldn't have to go to that, hmm? If you're being a rude jackass that gives him every right to permaban you, especially when you have NO EVIDENCE that doesn't involve you being a prejuced bigoted jackass.

Now, you do realise you're a bigot, right? Do you mind being a bigot, or do you like being hated? And don't ignore this question.

Last edited:

Serix

Having gay parents doesn't make you gay because being gay is not a decision. It is proven that homosexuality is seen in many other species in the world i.e. dogs, penguins, dolphins, and many others now personaly I believe this supports that you don't choose to be gay even more because in a dogs mind they will not one day get up and be like, "I want to make bruce from across the street like me!" It is just what attracts us and is completely NORMAL some men like men some men like girls. Some girls like girls and some girls like men it's that simple.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
H'OKAY my computer felt the need to randomly shut down while I wrote this the first time, so I'll make this quick.

Have Fused and JT here gotten warnings?

Yeah, I got warned for a comment around... I'd say fifteen pages ago. I apologized and removed the comment after I got the warning, because I figured people would use it as an example of me being hateful while simultaneously saying much worse things about gays (i.e., being John).

I think not, since they continue to slam down the Bible just because they don't agree with it.

Okay, I'm sick of you saying this.

For the love of god, show me where this Bible-bashing is. Show me one example of someone bashing the Bible where they didn't later apologize or get called out by people on their own side. One. Example. I don't mean someone criticizing your Biblical view on something, because that's not bashing the Bible. If you're so thin-skinned as to think that showing you why the Biblical view is wrong is the same as calling the Bible a load of crap, then this thread is not for you, because criticizing your views and showing you why they're wrong is the entire ****ing point of the Debate Forum.

It's kind of sad that while I can't base my arguement off my opinion, while they can?

We're not using only our opinions for an argument. You are.

( at least in the real world I'm not the minority)

(actually the majority of people don't care enough about it to complain as much as you)

Steele, you know you practically just trilled John here, right?

Hmm I think that may have been his point.

Nah, I'm just a little peeved that you think you know me

I know enough about the things you've said in this thread and beyond to reach a similar conclusion.

Also lol @ this because two pages ago you were saying "GAYS DON'T GET THE CONCEPT OF 'GET A ROOM'" and "THEY ALL SEEM TO THINK (insert gay stereotype here)" because you claim to have seen a couple making out and touching in a public place.

and that people are free to bash the Bilbe and religion in general.

Until you can show me where this Bible-bashing is, you're just trying to make yourself look like the victim, and you have some serious stones if you're trying to do that while advocating the denial of equal rights to a group of people based on who they love in the same breath.

I respect everyone in real life

CAN
YOU
PEOPLE
READ?
No Fused, your "history" is going to include having the whole Christian faith look like f**ktards.
Since you are athiest.
'm done with dealing with egotistical depressed anti- government buttheads
Is it the fault of the aggressor to punch the guy who blatantly makes it obvious that "I'm gay so feel free to tell me about it".
according you you a**holes
Like your going to though, as nobody as hard headed as you is going to listen.

I can just feel the respect oozing from every word. Fused went easy on you in my mind.
You know you've ****** me off when I search for this many quotes.

its just when they can't do the same I can't keep doing it. And this is exactly what's happening here.

I can't speak for everyone else, but you had my respect when you started out. You started chipping away at it when you started acting like you were being persecuted because people dared to hold and defend views different from your own, and lost it completely when you... well, just look above.

Wasn't aware that all the men and women that get raped by gay men and women in prison were consenting. Must have slipped my mind.

Yes, because all gays are rapists, right?

We are not talking about rape. Obviously rape is terrible and should be dealt with. But we're talking about regular, consenting homosexual relationships. Using your logic, I can argue against straight marriage because I can think of straight rapists.

And don't call me darling if I'm offending you.

This is awesome. You said that allowing gays to marry is as bad as legalizing pedophilia, then get pissy and defensive when someone calls you "darling". It's like someone getting offended and angry because the person you put in the hospital had the nerve to flip you the bird.

I don't give a hoot if I am

But you clearly care when someone else offends you by calling you "darling". Huh.

because almost everyone I know thinks that gay marriage is a joke, so it's hard to tell if that really is offensive.

"everyone you know" meaning "the people who care enough to be vocal about it"?

BTW, you being gay really offends me.

That's cool. You can complain when someone dares to love someone you don't like "offends" you, but others can't complain when they're offended by being told they're as bad as child molesters. Nice to know how thinks work with you.

Maybe you should rethink your decision.

Decision? People do not choose to be gay. I've shown and essentially proven that at least three times in this thread alone. That's not even counting what other people have said about that. How do you not get this yet.

Oh yeah, Ethan, if you ban me, it just proves that you've given up the debate and I win. Maybe you're just insecure.

Hmm yes tempting a mod who's already ****** off at you there's no possible way in which this can go wrong.

And let's use your logic. say I decide to follow you around for hours calling you a douchebag and generally putting you down. I don't stop until you turn around, punch me in the face, and knock me out. By your logic, that proves I'm right. Wanna rethink that logic?

Ethan

Banned
Yes, because heterosexuals don't rape at all. Nope, they don't. You're not bigoted and prejuced at all! <3 Seriously, saying just gays rape in prison (even though the nice lady earlier in the thread proved that gays are more often the victims) makes you sound incredebly arrogant.

Honey, I'm a Southern girl, that's how I talk.

Ok, I'm going to say this again, just for you, 'k?

Being
Gay
Is
Not
A
Choice

Ask any gay person and they'll tell you the same thing. If you're ignoring personal experience that makes you a prejuced bigot. This is you, Honey.

John13wb: Being Gay is a choice, I'm going to ignore all evidence -personal and otherwise- because it doesn't agree with my opinion! Yuppers, I'm a bigot, sue me!

This is what I read; it really doesn't make you look very good, honey. On the contrary, it makes you look a tad bit bigoted, tbh.

Darling, perhaps if you wern't such a rude bigot he wouldn't have to go to that, hmm? If you're being a rude jackass that gives him every right to permaban you, especially when you have NO EVIDENCE that doesn't involve you being a prejuced bigoted jackass.

Now, you do realise you're a bigot, right? Do you mind being a bigot, or do you like being hated? And don't ignore this question.

I'm from Kentucky, but using terms like honey or darling in this debate is pretty patronizing. If he asked you to stop, oblige his request. Flaming puts you on the same level, so quit.

It is pretty ridiculous though, Zenotwapal and John, that you attempt to make the distinction that Christians in this thread are somehow being discriminated against. Because, after all, there's a secret gay agenda on SPPf like there is in real life too! Let's not make those sort of conclusions, especially when you can't see infraction pages. If you want to discuss aspects of moderation that you think seem unfair, you can do that in my VM's or PMs as opposed to derailing this topic.

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
I know enough about the things you've said in this thread and beyond to reach a similar conclusion.

Also lol @ this because two pages ago you were saying "GAYS DON'T GET THE CONCEPT OF 'GET A ROOM'" and "THEY ALL SEEM TO THINK (insert gay stereotype here)" because you claim to have seen a couple making out and touching in a public place.

Actually, the whole 'gays making a big deal out of their sexuality' stereotype isn't really a stereotype. It's true. Go to San Fransisco or Boston (really, any Calif city) and you'd pretty much find that a lot of the stereotypes about gays are true.

What really pisses me off are gay pride parades. My goodness, you'd think that if they really wanted to advance your cause, you'd be at least dignified about.

May as well not call me a bigot again either. I'm fine with pretty much every ethnic group and race. My problem is with sex-rights.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Actually, the whole 'gays making a big deal out of their sexuality' stereotype isn't really a stereotype. It's true.
.. do you know what a stereotype is?

May as well not call me a bigot again either.
you can actually still be a bigot.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
I'm from Kentucky, but using terms like honey or darling in this debate is pretty patronizing. If he asked you to stop, oblige his request. Flaming puts you on the same level, so quit.

Of course I'll stop now, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. Generally, calling someone a second-class citizen and comparing them the child molesting pedos is rude, so I figure it's my god-given right to be rude back, but I'll stop now.

Actually, the whole 'gays making a big deal out of their sexuality' stereotype isn't really a stereotype. It's true. Go to San Fransisco or Boston (really, any Calif city) and you'd pretty much find that a lot of the stereotypes about gays are true.

And us Darkies like our watermelon. Soooooo, does that mean we're any less of people?

What really pisses me off are gay pride parades. My goodness, you'd think that if they really wanted to advance your cause, you'd be at least dignified about.

What do you think pride parades are about? Pride parades are about how we suffered years of intolerence including the fruit machine and the lavender scare, DADT, death, and so many other things. We're parading because those days are long gone - or at least they are here. In many countries gays are still killed for being gay, are still imprisoned, are still being heavily descriminated against by the law. That's why we parade. Why do you think we have Black History Month?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_LGBT_people

May as well not call me a bigot again either. I'm fine with pretty much every ethnic group and race. My problem is with sex-rights.

It doesn't matter if you like every race under the sun, if you're bigoted against one rightful cause (that being LGBT rights), that makes you a bigot.

Do you like being a bigot? Because that's what you are.

I'm actually going to have to say that gay pride parades tend to be disgusting. Not all of them, not all the people in them, but many of them. No one wants to see a bunch of people in thongs or other sexual outfits covered in make up making out with people on a parade doing obscene things.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
Different strokes for different blokes, I guess. :/ I always find them sexy. I think it's really fun to see a hot chick from behind and then they turn around and BAM it's a dude! :p

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Actually, the whole 'gays making a big deal out of their sexuality' stereotype isn't really a stereotype. It's true.

Please don't make such generalizations. Especially when you obviously don't know every single LGBT person out there. Stereotyping is a ***** move.

Go to San Fransisco or Boston (really, any Calif city) and you'd pretty much find that a lot of the stereotypes about gays are true.

I forgot aliens moved Boston to California.

Yeah, a lot of the stereotypes are true. But are they true for everyone? That's what a stereotype is: a truth about a part of a group but then irrationally applied to the entire group.

What does this have to do with anything?

Anyways, I'll have to agree that some people go too far for Pride Parades.

Of course, there's no way you can be a bigot or prejudiced if you love black people. Hating gay people isn't prejudiced at all.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ

It is not. There are plenty of people who are gay and act, dress, and talk like any straight person. In fact, you'd never even be able to tell that they're gay. I have two homosexual friends (I actually know more than just two, but these two are just examples). One is flamboyant, but more in the joking way, to the point where I didn't really think he was gay until he actually came out and said it. The other one... I literally didn't even suspect that she was a lesbian at all. She acted like pretty much every other straight girl I knew, but came out of the closet earlier this year. Since doing so, her personality is... the exact same. You still wouldn't know she was a lesbian unless she told you.

So... no. No, the stereotype about flamboyant gays making a big deal about their sexuality is exactly that - a stereotype. The only reason it seems that most gays are flamboyant "flamers" is because the ones who aren't flamboyant look exactly like straight people, so you don't think they're gay until they tell you. Unless you can show me that every gay in the world is the stereotypical flamboyant gay, then cut that crap out, unless you'd like me to make similar claims towards Christianity or religion in general based on the few radicals with both.

Go to San Fransisco or Boston (really, any Calif city) and you'd pretty much find that a lot of the stereotypes about gays are true.

For those people, maybe. But guess what? The people in San Francisco or Boston or whatever do not represent every gay in the world. Once again, the only reason it seems to you like all gays are flamboyant is because you don't notice the ones who aren't. How do you know if someone is gay if a) they haven't told you, or b) they're not flamboyant or open about it in some other way? Answer: You can't. Go walking down the street in a crowded city. You probably won't see some guy wearing a feather boa, but guess what, odds are you'll probably still see at least one gay person without even knowing it.

You would jump down my throat and scream "unfair! unfair!" if I were to say the Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians, yet you seem to think it's fair to say all gays are open, flamboyant, and disturbing based on a vocal minority. The two are the same principle, and they show your hypocrisy.

Then don't look. They're not pleasant, no, but again, the people in those parades are a vocal minority. You can't judge an entire group on the actions of a few.

Congratulations, you managed to find an excuse more profoundly retarded than the old "I can't be racist, I have black friends!" copout. Your attitudes towards gays (and I don't mean your "I don't like them" attitude, I mean your "homos are as bad as pedophiles and should be punished by law" attitude) make you a bigot, regardless of how you feel about everyone else. If I am racist against black people but not against any other group, I am still racist, and I am still a bigot.

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Overlord

All sterotypes contain a grain of truth, but basing your views on them is shortsighted. Sterotyping is one of the reasons why racism is committed.

Now if you could find conclusive proof that every single gay on the planet follows the sterotype, then I will retract my stance and leave this discussion.

Last edited:

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
It is not. There are plenty of people who are gay and act, dress, and talk like any straight person. In fact, you'd never even be able to tell that they're gay. I have two homosexual friends (I actually know more than just two, but these two are just examples). One is flamboyant, but more in the joking way, to the point where I didn't really think he was gay until he actually came out and said it. The other one... I literally didn't even suspect that she was a lesbian at all. She acted like pretty much every other straight girl I knew, but came out of the closet earlier this year. Since doing so, her personality is... the exact same. You still wouldn't know she was a lesbian unless she told you.

So... no. No, the stereotype about flamboyant gays making a big deal about their sexuality is exactly that - a stereotype. The only reason it seems that most gays are flamboyant "flamers" is because the ones who aren't flamboyant look exactly like straight people, so you don't think they're gay until they tell you. Unless you can show me that every gay in the world is the stereotypical flamboyant gay, then cut that crap out, unless you'd like me to make similar claims towards Christianity or religion in general based on the few radicals with both.

For those people, maybe. But guess what? The people in San Francisco or Boston or whatever do not represent every gay in the world. Once again, the only reason it seems to you like all gays are flamboyant is because you don't notice the ones who aren't. How do you know if someone is gay if a) they haven't told you, or b) they're not flamboyant or open about it in some other way? Answer: You can't. Go walking down the street in a crowded city. You probably won't see some guy wearing a feather boa, but guess what, odds are you'll probably still see at least one gay person without even knowing it.

You would jump down my throat and scream "unfair! unfair!" if I were to say the Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians, yet you seem to think it's fair to say all gays are open, flamboyant, and disturbing based on a vocal minority. The two are the same principle, and they show your hypocrisy.

Then don't look. They're not pleasant, no, but again, the people in those parades are a vocal minority. You can't judge an entire group on the actions of a few.

Congratulations, you managed to find an excuse more profoundly retarded than the old "I can't be racist, I have black friends!" copout. Your attitudes towards gays (and I don't mean your "I don't like them" attitude, I mean your "homos are as bad as pedophiles and should be punished by law" attitude) make you a bigot, regardless of how you feel about everyone else. If I am racist against black people but not against any other group, I am still racist, and I am still a bigot.

I never recall saying I was racist. Care to tell me where I did?

Alli

Would you please stop ignoring my posts? Read my post and state your opinions, please!

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
that's just how he rolls. he only responds to points he can respond to and usually it's the same thing that's answered in another post. he isn't interested in a debate; he's only in it for the shouting match.

smellaby

wow, just stumbled on this thread and there's some pretty strong veiws flying about!
what i think the biggest point that is coming across from this is that anybody who feels uncomfortable with certain aspects of a gay lifestyle, whether that be the idea of gay marrige or gay pride or gay stereotypes, are automaticaly then lablled as bad ppl. and thats kinda stupid, its not bad if someone feels a certain way, what is bad is if ppl start giving these ppl a hard time for thinking that way. sometimes rather than fighting an endless battle it is just easier to accpet that ppl beleive differently and have different views and shouldn't be critisized unless they react in a negative way because of those views.
lol its much harder to explain than i thought!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner

You didn't. You just have a similarly bigoted attitude. Your reason for hating gays is because everyone around you hates gays. By this logic, if everyone decided them Negroes needed a lynchin' to keep 'em in line, you'd be preparing your noose. J.T.'s point was that discriminating against any group makes you a bigot.

Have I made that clear?

iColorfulEevee

Lalalala~✰

He never said you were racist, it was an example/a comparison to prove that YES, you are a bigot.

As alot of other people have said, stereotypes have a bit of truth in truth in them, but DO NOT apply to everybody. It's like the dumb blonde stereotype, sure there are dumb blondes, but they DO NOT apply to everyone, and *gasp* they might even apply to other "groups".

And you'll also find that alot of gay stereotypes aren't true.

I agree, I'm not particularily fond of gay pride parades, or atleast the way some of them participate in it, but as Mangoes said, its basically just a celebration that some of the worst days are over, like Black History month. ;3

sometimes rather than fighting an endless battle it is just easier to accpet that ppl beleive differently and have different views and shouldn't be critisized unless they react in a negative way because of those views.

We're not instantly labelling people as bad just because they are homophobic, but because of their extremely prejudiced take on it. If you look at alot of Zenotwapal's and John13wb's past post in this debate then you'll see why. So basically they are reacting in a negative way as you put it. ^^

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

Way to miss his point entirely. Bravo. *claps*

wow, just stumbled on this thread and there's some pretty strong veiws flying about!
what i think the biggest point that is coming across from this is that anybody who feels uncomfortable with certain aspects of a gay lifestyle, whether that be the idea of gay marrige or gay pride or gay stereotypes, are automaticaly then lablled as bad ppl. and thats kinda stupid, its not bad if someone feels a certain way, what is bad is if ppl start giving these ppl a hard time for thinking that way. sometimes rather than fighting an endless battle it is just easier to accpet that ppl beleive differently and have different views and shouldn't be critisized unless they react in a negative way because of those views.
lol its much harder to explain than i thought!

...the debate forum isn't really a place where you quickly agree to disagree.

Also, arguing is fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.